Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Anything in your crystal ball telling you to sell?
A correction on the horizon?
My blue chips and the market (Dow went over 28,100 and S&P hit $3,381 this am!) were just getting a little rich IMO and I feel its ready for a rotation away from tech/growth and into value for a while. My equities/options portfolio was up over 5% yesterday and over 4% this am, what a run. Timing looks good since it started selling off around 2pm, but tomorrow and the next day may show me to have been very wrong. We will see. I'm content with my decisions either way.

IMG_4231.jpeg

I sold around S&P 3375. I did really well and am not looking to get greedy, and I didn't unload everything in some sort of panic. I just took a nice slice off the table. I'll jump in hard again on the pull back. The world is upside down right now economically and I saw enough profit to de-risk for a bit.

I Sold all or some of my BA, IRM, AAPL, JPM, MSFT, TXJ, AAL JAN '21 $18 calls, DAL JAN '21 $35 calls, and JPM JAN '21 $105 calls.

Today I bought more GH, more LPTX, and opened a position by selling FNV $135 AUG 20' puts (this is shorting a put, which is a bullish play).

I also bought CIT GROUP bonds and more ENERGY TRANSFER bonds. Also did not even THINK of selling VFF or CYCN (@Cribby CYCN was up another 9% today $5.33!). Also looking for a few more points out of GS and holding all my big DIV stuff.

If you are interested in any specifics or prices feel free to ask.

Last edited:
I’m so far up this year, I’m just trying to decide the timing to lock my gains and and sit it out conservatively until after November.

Advertisement
My blue chips and the market (Dow went over 28,100 and S&P hit $3,381 this am!) were just getting a little rich IMO and I feel its ready for a rotation away from tech/growth and into value for a while. My equities/options portfolio was up over 5% yesterday and over 4% this am, what a run. Timing looks good since it started selling off around 2pm, but tomorrow and the next day may show me to have been very wrong. We will see. I'm content with my decisions either way.

View attachment 127102

I sold around S&P 3375. I did really well and am not looking to get greedy, and I didn't unload everything in some sort of panic. I just took a nice slice off the table. I'll jump in hard again on the pull back. The world is upside down right now economically and I saw enough profit to de-risk for a bit.

I Sold all or some of my BA, IRM, AAPL, JPM, MSFT, TXJ, AAL JAN '21 $18 calls, DAL JAN '21 $35 calls, and JPM JAN '21 $105 calls.

Today I bought more GH, more LPTX, and opened a position by selling FNV $135 AUG 20' puts (this is shorting a put, which is a bullish play).

I also bought CIT GROUP bonds and more ENERGY TRANSFER bonds. Also did not even THINK of selling VFF or CYCN (@Cribby CYCN was up another 9% today $5.33!). Also looking for a few more points out of GS and holding all my big DIV stuff.

If you are interested in any specifics or prices feel free to ask.
Thanks, by the way you sure do remind me of another poster.

Time to make it on the way back down. The market (S&P) should pull back from here, sometime soon, to 2600. It’s my opinion. If you think I’m wrong... buy, buy, buy!!!!!

24% drop? I can't roll with that. The game is too fixed right now and there is no yield out there. But I've been wrong plenty! Right more often than wrong, fortunately.

Advertisement
That makes two of us. Keep and eye on things and check back in after the elections.
I mean I don’t have a crystal ball better than anybody else, but I’m seeing a lot of volatility of the next couple of months, we’ve had plenty of it now. I just see some more, possible sharp turns to the downside. And you know the old saying, “bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered”... and right now the only thing keeping me in during times like these is just pure greed to scratch out a little more. My returns over the last 2 to 3 years have been what I would’ve expected over 10 to 15 years or more.

Time to make it on the way back down. The market (S&P) should pull back from here, sometime soon, to 2600. It’s my opinion. If you think I’m wrong... buy, buy, buy!!!!!
S&P off to the races. Only thing that sends it to the 2600 range is a Biden win, which is 50/50. Even with a Biden win the market should rebound the later half of 2021 once markets adjust to the new political landscape.

Advertisement
S&P off to the races. Only thing that sends it to the 2600 range is a Biden win, which is 50/50. Even with a Biden win the market should rebound the later half of 2021 once markets adjust to the new political landscape.
Biden will hurt a few sectors short-term like healthcare and energy because they will actually be regulated, and they will tug at financials a bit for the same reason, but the whole concept of a Biden victory bringing down the markets is an absolute fallacy designed to mislead people. Smart money knows this. And there is NO WAY a Biden win pummels the S&P down that low, it it drops much at all short-term. And long-term, Biden will be better for the markets.

Look at the markets under Obama/Biden. They gave us the largest percentage returns under any administration in our LIFETIME.

#2? Clinton/Gore.

Know what's worse for the markets than regulation? Instability and chaotic leadership. Mismanaging the Covid-19 situation. Putting unqualified people into leadership positions that they shouldn't be able to sniff. The sharps aren't emotional. They want an adult in the room. Which is why the majority of the heavy hitters are lining up behind Biden.

"Data from the Center for Responsive Politics show the securities and investment community donating more to President George W. Bush in 2004, and then to Mr. Obama in 2008, and then to Mitt Romney in 2012, followed by Mrs. Clinton in 2016, than to their respective presidential rivals. This year, it’s Mr. Biden. Financial industry cash flowing to Mr. Biden and outside groups supporting him shows him dramatically out-raising the president, with $44 million compared with Mr. Trump’s $9 million."

Last edited:
I mean I don’t have a crystal ball better than anybody else, but I’m seeing a lot of volatility of the next couple of months, we’ve had plenty of it now. I just see some more, possible sharp turns to the downside. And you know the old saying, “bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered”... and right now the only thing keeping me in during times like these is just pure greed to scratch out a little more. My returns over the last 2 to 3 years have been what I would’ve expected over 10 to 15 years or more.
Pigs get fed hogs get slaughtered
But hey I’m sure there are a few “sayings”
👍😊

I agree with you brother. Wanting to make a little more keeps me playing...although I know that the weed of greed bears bitter fruit. I'm grateful for my nice run. Techs a big part of that.

Advertisement
Biden will hurt a few sectors short-term like healthcare and energy because they will actually be regulated, and they will tug at financials a bit for the same reason, but the whole concept of a Biden victory bringing down the markets is an absolute fallacy designed to mislead people. Smart money knows this. And there is NO WAY a Biden win pummels the S&P down that low, it it drops much at all short-term. And long-term, Biden will be better for the markets.

Look at the markets under Obama/Biden. They gave us the largest percentage returns under any administration in our LIFETIME.

#2? Clinton/Gore.

Know what's worse than regulation? Instability and chaotic leadership. Mismanaging the Covid-19 situation. Putting unqualified people into leadership positions that they shouldn't be able to sniff. The sharps aren't emotional. They want an adult in the room. Which is why the majority of the heavy hitters are lining up behind Biden.

"Data from the Center for Responsive Politics show the securities and investment community donating more to President George W. Bush in 2004, and then to Mr. Obama in 2008, and then to Mitt Romney in 2012, followed by Mrs. Clinton in 2016, than to their respective presidential rivals. This year, it’s Mr. Biden. Financial industry cash flowing to Mr. Biden and outside groups supporting him shows him dramatically out-raising the president, with $44 million compared with Mr. Trump’s $9 million."

I do agree with you that a Biden win will not be disastrous for the markets long term. Our markets are the strongest in the world and will adjust.

Tell me why anyone would invest in a cruise line company? Mountains of debt for years and corona still out there. Even when there is a vaccine there won't be enough PAX volume to sustain profitability.
Because what you are describing is not a secret and has affected the price. Yes there is risk, but the possibility of it shooting up dramatically is also high.

Because what you are describing is not a secret and has affected the price. Yes there is risk, but the possibility of it shooting up dramatically is also high.
As I've said in the past, I'd rather buy a 25 cent piece of dog shlt for a nickel than a $250,000 Ferrari for $255,000.

It's all about the value. I've made a lot of money-making calls slumming on distressed assets.

Edit: not endorsing cruise line trades

Last edited:
Of course, a very possible outcome. I just can't see Joe Public jumping back on a cruise ship unless it's going to Alaska or New England Leaves cruise.

I haven't heard any of the Lines address a fresh outbreak on a foreign itinerary cruise.

Any insight guys?

Advertisement
Back