Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

The news media has been avoiding real news for a while now. Not trump or political. It’s just facts. Let’s not use any political party as an excuse for the failures of industry and healthcare. This is an ongoing problem with both sides of the isle. We need American wages to rise and our buying power back as well as protection from legalized loan sharks (banks) and runaway tuition costs. Covid was the next best thing next to civil disobedience to wake up the entire us industrial/employment base.
The US is a service based economy that thrives on minimum wage. And it’s backed by a financial sector that does nothing to pay off any national dept or contribute any revenue to the system. Corona hit this economy right in the gut of its base by not allowing people to interact (service). And the financial sector is giving 0 fcks and lready to pounce on every piece of real estate it can get its hands on. Wether that piece of property is owned by maga hat wearing **** or a Rachel meadow blow up doll owning communist bull ****.

edit: sorry got carried away. Maybe a lot non sensible ranting going on by me.
The news media has been declining since about the time NBC put spark plugs in the gas tanks of Chevy trucks to demonstrate how easily they exploded in a crash.

My comment wasn't aimed at either political side, just at the news reporting on mundane details instead of actual news.

Nobody wants to solve those problems unless it involves them getting more power.

Advertisement
I thought the US equities market was overdue for a pull back pre corona. The equities gains under the trump admin are purely manufactured with lax environmental regs and slashing corporate taxes that clearly weren't paying for themselves. We had 3.5% unemployment and the highest annual deficit in recent history. Regardless of who wins the next election or election after that some major belt tightening is going to have to be done. That will cost us a lot of government jobs on top of what we've already lost. Yes the world is currently dependent on the dollar but that is eroding with the amount of distrust brought about by sanctions and the multiple trade wars threats we've made to literally everyone. Russia and China have been been slowly moving towards buying and trading energy in their native currencies further reducing their dependence on the dollar.

China will overtake us in the next 25 years and likely much sooner. They have 4 times the population and unmatched growth. The trade wars have only accelerated their plans by exerting economic influence over neighboring asian countries and their belt road initiatives.

You can pull up economic growth charts staring in 1980 comparing the US and China, obviously a lot of the data coming from China can only be trusted to a certain point but at the end of the day global investors care about returns and growth. The US has been moving at a snails pace for a long time.
Oh heck, Market gains have been "manufactured" since the crash of 87. S&L bailout and market support by the FED ever since. Greenspan was master of "bubble" creation. I cut my baby teeth on Wall Street in 70's. Hard to tell real from fake. I would not hold you breath waiting for belt tightening. I do agree the market is over valued. It was under Clinton and then Under Bush and again under Obama. Basic problem is the FED working very hard to do what is was created to do: protect the rich.

The collapse baby Bush left us was "fixed" not by anything the government did or spent but rather by simple change of an accounting run for banks. One morning they change the requirement for banks to "mark to market" all those bad loans and bam, the market took off. I think is was 10:30 or 11:30. Insolvent banking system was miraculous fixed.

The stock market is NOT the economy although it sure looks like it when you listen to talking heads. Being an old dude, I've seen a lot of economies. Since I came our of college in the early 70's, individual person wages have been going DOWN just about every year same one until Trump came along. When his doing of not, wages start to grow from the bottom up. Hey my income always went up but I am not a "wage earner". Heck the stopped talking about "individual" wages and switched to "family" income to let more people going to work in households cover the truth. There are several reasons for it but fact are facts.

China is it's own story but you seem locked in on a narrative so rather than try, I'll give you direction to look and if you want to figure out what is going on you can. It is not as it is portrayed. You need to go back to Henry Kissing and Tricky ****ie Nixon. Focus on Henry and his beliefs and writings. It is serious geopolitical. It will take work but very interesting.

If not then simple simple math and economics. US has about 350 million people, or "consumers" as far as economics is concern. As you noted, China has many times more "people". We somewhere between 30 to 40 % of world consumption. So we are at most 5% of the world population but equal to say, for simplicity, 40% of its consumption. That means US consumers equal somewhere north of 3 billion consumers or China plus India plus a few extra. That is the power of the America consumer, about 8 to 1. We spend greater percentage per dollar earned than anyone. Without access to the US consumer, China will need a couple more billion people to even try to "overtake" us. That access it totaling within our power. Cut that trade and China collapses under the weight of over capacity and severe damage to it economies of scale. Go back to Henry to find out why we allowed this to happen.

Love to hear people's opinions...

A. What the **** is going on? This thing should be tanking

B. What are you looking at or buying? Or are you in all cash...
It would make sense it goes back up as things start to open back up. Wasn’t a true recession just a forced 1

You liked all my post for YEARS.

I mention being a republican once and you've been lactating since.
This is exactly why I don't want to know about the politics of the people I meet. The less I know about their religion, politics, sports team preferences, and what they did for a living before they retired (I meet a lot of people my age), the better I like them.

I can talk face to face with someone for 15 minutes and know a **** of a lot more about them than how they self-identify.

Advertisement
It used to be 70000 per stock. Is this an etf? Also I wonder what else is making it dropped. I’m really tempted. What you think about SPR, SPCE ?
Yea it’s an ETF . I’m pretty sure there was atleast one split but I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it . Obviously how well it recovers is going to depend on how strongly shale comes back .

I really like SPCE that’s a good long term hold imo. SPR is too closely tied to Boeing for my liking

Oh heck, Market gains have been "manufactured" since the crash of 87. S&L bailout and market support by the FED ever since. Greenspan was master of "bubble" creation. I cut my baby teeth on Wall Street in 70's. Hard to tell real from fake. I would not hold you breath waiting for belt tightening. I do agree the market is over valued. It was under Clinton and then Under Bush and again under Obama. Basic problem is the FED working very hard to do what is was created to do: protect the rich.

The collapse baby Bush left us was "fixed" not by anything the government did or spent but rather by simple change of an accounting run for banks. One morning they change the requirement for banks to "mark to market" all those bad loans and bam, the market took off. I think is was 10:30 or 11:30. Insolvent banking system was miraculous fixed.

The stock market is NOT the economy although it sure looks like it when you listen to talking heads. Being an old dude, I've seen a lot of economies. Since I came our of college in the early 70's, individual person wages have been going DOWN just about every year same one until Trump came along. When his doing of not, wages start to grow from the bottom up. Hey my income always went up but I am not a "wage earner". Heck the stopped talking about "individual" wages and switched to "family" income to let more people going to work in households cover the truth. There are several reasons for it but fact are facts.

China is it's own story but you seem locked in on a narrative so rather than try, I'll give you direction to look and if you want to figure out what is going on you can. It is not as it is portrayed. You need to go back to Henry Kissing and Tricky ****ie Nixon. Focus on Henry and his beliefs and writings. It is serious geopolitical. It will take work but very interesting.

If not then simple simple math and economics. US has about 350 million people, or "consumers" as far as economics is concern. As you noted, China has many times more "people". We somewhere between 30 to 40 % of world consumption. So we are at most 5% of the world population but equal to say, for simplicity, 40% of its consumption. That means US consumers equal somewhere north of 3 billion consumers or China plus India plus a few extra. That is the power of the America consumer, about 8 to 1. We spend greater percentage per dollar earned than anyone. Without access to the US consumer, China will need a couple more billion people to even try to "overtake" us. That access it totaling within our power. Cut that trade and China collapses under the weight of over capacity and severe damage to it economies of scale. Go back to Henry to find out why we allowed this to happen.
Over the years I've come to the opinion that it's very likely that you know your sht.

Those weren't "Michiganders". Those were right-wing crisis actors who were imported to "protest". The guy with the beard who was screaming at the armed guards is from Los Angeles and is a "Proud Boy".

That is the true hoax.
Sounds like Antifa antics in Michigan
Curious why you feel that way. I sold all my stocks nearly a year ago (DOW was at 30,000-ish) when the bond yield curve inverted...figured it was a sign the market was overvalued.

I took all that cash and loaded up on equity several weeks ago. I figured the market was panicked, and why not buy when there’s blood on the street.

By pure luck, I almost picked the bottom - DOW was at 19,000.

So I’ve made out pretty **** well in this recession
Similar story here. I almost got out again today from fully invested.

* They quietly set the fractional reserve to 0% back in march. There is literally nothing backing the US Dollar now besides faith and the military.

* Consumption as a selling point loses it's luster when you accumulate the amount of personal and federal debt we have now. At some point there will be a deleveraging event. It's part of the cycle.

* I think the idea of US cutting china trade would do just as much damage to our consumer economy as it would do damage to them. I watched first hand when base metals were part of tariffs. The same companies we shipped metal to in china setup shop in Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and s. korea...within 3 months it was business as usual. They are economic imperialist, any attempt to slow them down will just hasten their spread imo. They've been building ties in Panama, S. America, and Africa for years now. That's not even touching on the ACFTA trade pact.

We're playing a connect 4 playbook from 40 years ago and they're playing 3d chess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL...ok sure

Nearly every action this administration has taken against them has backfired.

* 5G Huawei is setting up nearly everywhere but here by 2022-2023

* Soybeans tariffs? they're buying those from S America now.

* Base metal tariffs? they're transshipping those from other asian countries now.

* Attempting to recoup $ for troops stationed in S. Korea and the Philippines. Philippines cancels troops agreements and softens stance towards China. S. Korea thumbs their nose at us for Trump constantly showering Kim w/ praise.

If you could tell me any actions that are actually working i would love to hear it. How many trade deals has this admin announced with china now? ****'s a joke. They're getting played like a fiddle. Kudos for trying something i guess since no other admin did ****.

Nearly every action this administration has taken against them has backfired.

* 5G Huawei is setting up nearly everywhere but here by 2022-2023

* Soybeans tariffs? they're buying those from S America now.

* Base metal tariffs? they're transshipping those from other asian countries now.

* Attempting to recoup $ for troops stationed in S. Korea and the Philippines. Philippines cancels troops agreements and softens stance towards China. S. Korea thumbs their nose at us for Trump constantly showering Kim w/ praise.

If you could tell me any actions that are actually working i would love to hear it. How many trade deals has this admin announced with china now? ****'s a joke. They're getting played like a fiddle. Kudos for trying something i guess since no other admin did ****.

Oh ok, I get it now, you want to talk partisan politics. I’m here to discuss the stock market.

Let me know when you can get me a 60% yearly return, then I’ll be interested in what you have to say. Whether I buy it or not is another matter.

Otherwise, I could give three shlts about your partisan opinions.

Advertisement
Oh ok, I get it now, you want to talk partisan politics. I’m here to discuss the stock market.

Let me know when you can get me a 60% yearly return, then I’ll be interested in what you have to say. Whether I buy it or not is another matter.

Otherwise, I could give three shlts about your partisan opinions.
It’s hard to separate the stock market from politics when the president spent 3 years touting the stock market as his best example of the success of his administration. Trump made the market political.
you were asked some very fair questions but chose to deflect. Your deflection is to itself a political statement that you are ride or die for this president regardless of any argument or discussion that requests your participation.
but to my original point, this president made the market political so how can you dismiss others for making political arguments about the market? Did you dismiss the president when he did the same thing?

Yea it’s an ETF . I’m pretty sure there was atleast one split but I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it . Obviously how well it recovers is going to depend on how strongly shale comes back .

I really like SPCE that’s a good long term hold imo. SPR is too closely tied to Boeing for my liking
I bough SPR and SPCE today. I also have Boeing lol

When my father got very old and was nearing his end, every conversation ended up circling back to something involving one of his WW2 experiences. I believe it was a sign of a deteriorating mind. Sometimes I think the same thing about people that turn every conversation into politics.

Advertisement
It’s hard to separate the stock market from politics when the president spent 3 years touting the stock market as his best example of the success of his administration. Trump made the market political.
you were asked some very fair questions but chose to deflect. Your deflection is to itself a political statement that you are ride or die for this president regardless of any argument or discussion that requests your participation.
but to my original point, this president made the market political so how can you dismiss others for making political arguments about the market? Did you dismiss the president when he did the same thing?

It’s not a deflection, Ash, it’s because I don’t want to get into a totally fūcking useless back and forth. Literally have no interest.

But nice trying to paint me in a corner.

I won’t resort to juvenile “ride or die“ phrases back at you, because I don’t know shlt about you, just like you don’t know shlt about me.

Be happy to discuss China, if I have the inclination - which I don’t right this minute, as a threat to us, our children, and our grandchildren, but that has nothing to do with whoever happens to be an office at the time. That’s been a problem and will continue to be a long-term problem - does not matter what party is in office

RE: Boeing - people will eventually start traveling again. Long term, it might be one to buy and hold as part of a portfolio. In the short term, they’re not gonna be selling a whole lot of planes

Advertisement
Back