Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Love to hear people's opinions...

A. What the **** is going on? This thing should be tanking

B. What are you looking at or buying? Or are you in all cash...
So many tech options that could be bought. Pick from what is working now & it market drops you add to the solid positions.

Advertisement
It is not up to the ME, unless the ME is specifically asked to be involved.

The attending MD or DO determines cause of death.

Is NYC's protocol now that ALL potential COVID cases go to MEs?
I work with an MD who is considered a leader in emergency medicine and critical care and we have colleagues that work in nyc.
Yes if a patient comes here and passes due to cardiac arrest or shock or trauma we can say the cause of death and sign the death certificate.
However, what we are being told is that due to covid being a new disease the medical examiner in nyc has to review it or co-sign or whatever. The reason being is that there are many reasons for the patient to die from covid 19. Covid 19 respiratory failure, organ failure, thrombotic event, myocarditis, encephalitis etc.
This can all be second hand info that’s being misinterpreted. It’s not that the covid patients are being autopsied or anything. But that’s the reason for the lag in the numbers in deaths. Or at least that’s what we’re being told. Maybe the fact that it takes a few days for the attending to sign the death certificate and have it recorded can also be the issue (more likely) But when a metro area gets hit so hard in such a short time, protocols change on a daily basis and maybe their just trying to make sure sht is right.

Waiting patiently for Robert Prechter to pop his head into the forum to school us on the Elliott Wave Theory....

It’s been a while since I’ve thought about Elliott wave theory, especially since I mostly trade on fundamentals anyway. I’ve always tried to be open minded about it, but quite honestly, I’m a skeptic.

It’s been a while since I’ve thought about Elliott wave theory, especially since I mostly trade on fundamentals anyway. I’ve always tried to be open minded about it, but quite honestly, I’m a skeptic.
My dad was a professional stock trader (had that designation from the IRS when they first gave it out in the mid 80s)....I am probably the only person in the forum who grew up with a tickertape in the living room.....Elliott Wave was huge in the 80s. After the 1987 crash, the SEC asked Prechter not to speak publicly because he was so influential at the time.

I grew up surrounded by technical analysis, but certainly wouldn't discount fundamentals....

Bottom line, everyone is a genius when the market is going from 777 (1981) to 30,000 (2020)....It's navigating choppy markets like in the 60s and 70s that's humbling....

Good luck with your investing....

My dad was a professional stock trader (had that designation from the IRS when they first gave it out in the mid 80s)....I am probably the only person in the forum who grew up with a tickertape in the living room.....Elliott Wave was huge in the 80s. After the 1987 crash, the SEC asked Prechter not to speak publicly because he was so influential at the time.

I grew up surrounded by technical analysis, but certainly wouldn't discount fundamentals....

Bottom line, everyone is a genius when the market is going from 777 (1981) to 30,000 (2020)....It's navigating choppy markets like in the 60s and 70s that's humbling....

Good luck with your investing....

Wow!

An actual ticker tape in your house! I have to honestly say you’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that. That must’ve been something else. Also, I didn’t know that there was an officially approved IRS designation as professional stock trader. I guess you learn something new every day. Your dad must’ve been a real hard charger.

As an investor, of course I’ve heard of Elliott wave, but like I said previously it’s just something that I hadn’t even thought about much in years. I think it was sometime after graduation, maybe in the late 90s or maybe I looked into in graduate school, I may have written something on it, I don’t remember.

There are so many forms of technical analysis. Who’s to say what’s right and what’s wrong. I know that I’ve used chart analysis before (triple bottom reversal, cup and handle, etc etc etc), but I can’t say there’s strong science backing it, mostly to confirm or negate my bias. Or maybe it’s just some kind of stock voodoo I do in my head make myself feel good about my trades.

Actually, I just think I’m lucky. I try to play it right, try to mostly stick with fundamentals, but at the end of the day maybe I have just been really lucky LOL. There’s no reason I should have done as well as I have, but I have. Honestly I just think I guess right.

Advertisement
Not sure if he still does it, but Pete Najarian of Option Monster used to let people have access to his live trades (not all). If he doesn't there should be others.

Great thing about options is the leverage you can get. You can control a lot more shares, albeit for a limited duration, for the same amount of money.

If you have the time to spend on this and have the patience to wait for the right opportunities, you can make a lot of money.
Appreciate the help man

Personally I’m looking hard at GUSH and Eldorado . Eldorado is supposed to be buying Caesers and I feel that all entertainment companies will go back up eventually anyways
I though about both of these. Gush was really expensive but fell. I wonder why? I like eledorado to, but don’t know much about it.

1589164511039.gif

LOL

There was a movie called Road to Perdition where a guy had one of those in his hotel room. I think that (and above) was the only place I’ve actually seen one. It’s amazing how technology has advance and tbh, I don’t even know the tech behind how those things worked anyway. It must have been through the phone lines, I’m guessing. You’d have to be mover and a shaker to get one of those setup in your house back in the day.

Advertisement
I sympathize for your losses now, let me say that.

But to the degree that it’s at? It’s tyrannical. So much that Michiganders strapped up at the state capital. And for good reason. Our permission slip is the bill of rights. And it’s being infringed upon by intently fixed data or just outright lies. This is what I mean by it being a hoax.

Those weren't "Michiganders". Those were right-wing crisis actors who were imported to "protest". The guy with the beard who was screaming at the armed guards is from Los Angeles and is a "Proud Boy".

That is the true hoax.

Those weren't "Michiganders". Those were right-wing crisis actors who were imported to "protest". The guy with the beard who was screaming at the armed guards is from Los Angeles and is a "Proud Boy".

That is the true hoax.

Defenders of the bill of rights probably don't stay confined to one state. Your point?

I though about both of these. Gush was really expensive but fell. I wonder why? I like eledorado to, but don’t know much about it.
if you look at when it really fell, it was right around the time everything else did around Feb 22-24 after the virus really hit ...if you look at the 1 year or even 5 year chart they were consistently up over 800+ . I think they’re bound to recover to atleast half that which would be a huge gain from where they are now ....I still have to do my research on eldorado, I just know they’re one of the largest players in their industry and then acquiring Caesers will definitely make them more valuable . But the deal isn’t approved by the Comission as of yet. Look for it to shoot up once/if that approval comes in

if you look at when it really fell, it was right around the time everything else did around Feb 22-24 after the virus really hit ...if you look at the 1 year or even 5 year chart they were consistently up over 800+ . I think they’re bound to recover to atleast half that which would be a huge gain from where they are now ....I still have to do my research on eldorado, I just know they’re one of the largest players in their industry and then acquiring Caesers will definitely make them more valuable . But the deal isn’t approved by the Comission as of yet. Look for it to shoot up once/if that approval comes in
It used to be 70000 per stock. Is this an etf? Also I wonder what else is making it dropped. I’m really tempted. What you think about SPR, SPCE ?

Advertisement
I work with an MD who is considered a leader in emergency medicine and critical care and we have colleagues that work in nyc.
Yes if a patient comes here and passes due to cardiac arrest or shock or trauma we can say the cause of death and sign the death certificate.
However, what we are being told is that due to covid being a new disease the medical examiner in nyc has to review it or co-sign or whatever. The reason being is that there are many reasons for the patient to die from covid 19. Covid 19 respiratory failure, organ failure, thrombotic event, myocarditis, encephalitis etc.
This can all be second hand info that’s being misinterpreted. It’s not that the covid patients are being autopsied or anything. But that’s the reason for the lag in the numbers in deaths. Or at least that’s what we’re being told. Maybe the fact that it takes a few days for the attending to sign the death certificate and have it recorded can also be the issue (more likely) But when a metro area gets hit so hard in such a short time, protocols change on a daily basis and maybe their just trying to make sure sht is right.
We went over this in the covid forum, but there are many different ways the data can be reported. That is a likely explanation for how they suddenly discover more deaths. Reported numbers on a daily basis are not going to be the final tally.

"I had a tickertape in my living room"
"Welcome to Brooklyn"
"Thank you for your patience"

Three things I never thought I'd hear.

Why didn't your "overwhelmed" systems load balance regionally--even after several asks to do so?

Can you shed light on what is going on behind the scenes with that?

Advertisement
LOL

There was a movie called Road to Perdition where a guy had one of those in his hotel room. I think that (and above) was the only place I’ve actually seen one. It’s amazing how technology has advance and tbh, I don’t even know the tech behind how those things worked anyway. It must have been through the phone lines, I’m guessing. You’d have to be mover and a shaker to get one of those setup in your house back in the day.

Highly underrated movie.

LOL

I just watched that about 3 days ago, very underrated movie

Why didn't your "overwhelmed" systems load balance regionally--even after several asks to do so?

Please define regional load balance.

its not as easy as it sounds. Most ER’s have less than 5 reverse isolation rooms. Not every icu bed is reverse isolation. So now you have to have regular ER patients next to patients who potentially have covid. Now let’s say one of those patients become hypoxic and needs intubation. The documentation process the ventilator the respiratory therapist the equipment needed to be used it’s literally a 4 person job. Not to mention the amount of virus particles that the Intubation procedure spees out. Now try moving that patient to a ct scanner or just simply to the icu. Now multiply that by thousands (in nyc). Now imagine having to do that completely covered in ppe for 12 hrs. Add on top the number of people that code.
look up a you tube video of a patient coding and see how many people are in that room. Our hospital policy said only 2 people in a room of a covid patient codes in order to minimize exposure. Now all those patients need a chart and the amount of documentation you have to do to critically ill patient both by the nurses and the attending is a fckng hemorrhoid. Now you have to start duct taping and placing tarps everywhere cause no hospital is designed to deal with a highly contagious aerosolized virus. I’ll share a text convo of a friend In nyc
“We’ve converted the lobby into extra ED beds. Literally the whole hospital is full. We took over the floors and when those got full we shut down maternity and converted those beds. We’re intubating about 3 patients per hour ON THE FLOORS”
If the healthcare system was a uinfield system we could technically shift staff from upstate nyc to the Burroughs. But each hospital has a different employee base and payroll. You just can’t say “hey I’m here to help”.
Now add the stress of having to go home after you’ve just had 12 hrs of intubations and codes and deaths and your leaving and the Er waiting room is full of sick *** people on oxygen and basically about to die. And you know your next shift is gonna be the same sht. Now You have to go home and take your clothes off outside. You’re wondering if you or anyone at home is gonna get sick.
NYC was offering pa’s like myself a ton of money to go there but no hospital was willing to send anyone for fear that they were going to be understaffed if they got hit.
As far as behind the scenes you can pm me and ask specifics. But nyc got hit hard and they’re will be books and litigation and changes to medicine from now on because of it.

Please define regional load balance.

its not as easy as it sounds. Most ER’s have less than 5 reverse isolation rooms. Not every icu bed is reverse isolation. So now you have to have regular ER patients next to patients who potentially have covid. Now let’s say one of those patients become hypoxic and needs intubation. The documentation process the ventilator the respiratory therapist the equipment needed to be used it’s literally a 4 person job. Not to mention the amount of virus particles that the Intubation procedure spees out. Now try moving that patient to a ct scanner or just simply to the icu. Now multiply that by thousands (in nyc). Now imagine having to do that completely covered in ppe for 12 hrs. Add on top the number of people that code.
look up a you tube video of a patient coding and see how many people are in that room. Our hospital policy said only 2 people in a room of a covid patient codes in order to minimize exposure. Now all those patients need a chart and the amount of documentation you have to do to critically ill patient both by the nurses and the attending is a fckng hemorrhoid. Now you have to start duct taping and placing tarps everywhere cause no hospital is designed to deal with a highly contagious aerosolized virus. I’ll share a text convo of a friend In nyc
“We’ve converted the lobby into extra ED beds. Literally the whole hospital is full. We took over the floors and when those got full we shut down maternity and converted those beds. We’re intubating about 3 patients per hour ON THE FLOORS”
If the healthcare system was a uinfield system we could technically shift staff from upstate nyc to the Burroughs. But each hospital has a different employee base and payroll. You just can’t say “hey I’m here to help”.
Now add the stress of having to go home after you’ve just had 12 hrs of intubations and codes and deaths and your leaving and the Er waiting room is full of sick *** people on oxygen and basically about to die. And you know your next shift is gonna be the same sht. Now You have to go home and take your clothes off outside. You’re wondering if you or anyone at home is gonna get sick.
NYC was offering pa’s like myself a ton of money to go there but no hospital was willing to send anyone for fear that they were going to be understaffed if they got hit.
As far as behind the scenes you can pm me and ask specifics. But nyc got hit hard and they’re will be books and litigation and changes to medicine from now on because of it.

Patients should have been sent across the region to available beds--thats disaster response 101.

In fact, its black in white your system's countless mutual aid agreements.

When our military medics asked your system leaders why not, the answers were borderline "why would we do that" and "evasive"--at least according to two people I know personally who attended the Javits Center stand up meetings.

That is just weird and, quite frankly, incompetent and negligent.

Kudos to you for taking care of patients while your system's leaders run around like headless chickens!

Keep up the good fight!

Advertisement
Back