Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Thomas Lee of Fundstrat thinks s&p can hit another 7% higher in next 5 weeks due to vaccines taking away worst case scenario, soft lockdowns aren't killing economy, china's massive explosive growth, 4.5 T on sidelines, VIX breaks below 20, more stimulus and the santa claus rally.

I like the wilshire even better.

Advertisement
BRPHF. Performed due diligence and ready to take a position. Any updated thoughts?

Nothing to add. It's up another 12%+ today and 167% from where I recommended it here a couple of months ago so its really run along with BTC and ETH. If you believe it crypto like I do, it's a great long term play. 3 years +. Just let it do its thing. When it was <$2 it was one of my "now now now" calls, but it feels weird to tell people to buy something I am up almost 200% on, know what I mean?

It's volatile, so maybe buy on the dips. If there are any. I am not selling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How long we riding this VFF?

Get comfortable. I might start to take a little bit off the table a little under $12, but only because I have a ****load and its the prudent thing to do as my oldest shares will be +300%. I will probably write some $11 or $12 dec calls this week as a way to sell 10% or so, or bank the premium if we don't get there by then.

Last edited:
I got them at $1.80 so I’m thinking of taking some off the table here pretty soon. Also holding the stock at $5.80 cost avg.

edit —missed the dollar in front of $.80.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's revisit this trade/strategy from 4.5 months ago, as its working.

For the sake of argument, let's say we bought and wrote 100 calls and 100 puts as an example since those are nice round numbers.

We wrote (sold short) 100 VFF 01/15/21 $4 puts at $1.05, which paid us $10,500.
Using those proceeds (other people's money!), we bought 100 VFF 01/15/21 $6 calls at $1, which cost us $10,000.

So we got PAID $500 to put this trade on, as we actually netted $500!

We could cover the $1.05 puts for .10 right now, which means we would make over 90% on that short. Of course I am not covering them right now, I am going to let them expire worthless in January, for 100% profit ($10,000).

The VFF 01/15/21 $6 calls are now worth $3.50, which means we are up 250% on them, as they are now worth $35,000.

We would make $35,500 overall if we exited the calls right now, as a reward for letting someone hand us $500. One could say our return is infinite.

For perspective, if we had paid $1.05 for the calls and sold the puts for $1, which means that it would have COST us $500 to put this strategy on, we would have made 7100% in 4.5 months (as opposed to infinity).

Hopefully my math is right, we are already into the '42 tonight for hitting a milestone in the main account thanks to VFF and Galaxy!

Crypto... XRP Ripple .28 to .61 in a week..... Here we go....

I've been in at .62 so at zero now.... didn't chase it down...

Advertisement
YEAH BUDDY! VFF up another 17.5% today.

What did you buy them at? They closed @ $3.50.

****, come clean fellas, who else out there has what? Lurkers lol.

I am long:

VFF
VFF JAN 15 '21 $5 calls
VFF JAN 15 '21 $6 calls
VFF JAN 21 '22 $5 calls
VFF JAN 21 '22 $8 calls
VFF JAN 21 '22 $10 calls

I am short (these are bullish trades):

VFF DEC 18 '20 $7 puts
VFF JAN 15 '21 $4 puts
I bought 20k$+ at around 5.75. Sitting pretty

Advertisement