Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
The FED has two mandates: unemployment and price stability.

Thus, they can keep hiking if inflation doesn’t return to 2% so long as unemployment doesn’t go higher. Now the much bigger issue for the FED, who is going to buy bonds? The ECB and FED have been major buyers over the last ten years. If they aren’t buying, pension funds, private banks, mutual funds and foreign country central banks have to buy. Not sure they want to buy at less than 3% while the FED is raising rates above 5%. The 5% is overnight, 3% is ten year so the assumption is over 10 years rates end up below 3% and inflation under 2%.
Said another way, governments all over the world need to stop spending.

and if we fall into a deeper depression, won't the fed cut interest rates?

No. Focus on inflation, not on the unemployment rate. If inflation stays above 5%, I dont see them stopping.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now I do believe they will slow the hikes or reduce the size. I also see them doing QE on the bond market.
or pause and eventually cut..2023. The Fed almost always overestimates, for fear of underestimating..

We byke….:ibis-roflmao-sm3:
Nope GIF

Advertisement
One huge factor that has helped "lower" inflation is the exceptionally strong $. With the ECB and UK raising sharply, and now finally Japan starting to raise, the US$ will weaken (look at Gold and Silver today), and will make the cost of imports go up, putting more pressure on inflation and the stock market.

NP i've got a few more snippets to talk about in the coming days. Just wanted to throw this back on the radar before it runs up. Here's some of their more recent vids.

@YUMU @Cryptical Envelopment @Bird4um and whoever else i forgot.

The final module of plant has landed and is in place. Solar is being assembled. Battery modules are delayed and will likely be sometime end of Q1 but they aren't necessary to run the plant. DME will run off CNG generators and solar during startup phase. Final assembly and startup will be finished in January then there is a 60 day ramp up/optimization phase. There will be revenue Q1 but it will be muted and likely lower/blended grades produced during optimization/ramp up. DME fully expects Q2 to be a full production QTR which means by Q3 we'll be putting some gaudy #'s on a balance sheet. I expect DME to release a 2023 timeline mid to end of Q1, from there we'll get a clear picture on the drilling program and plant 2 status (in planning stages, some critical parts already procured), and actual plant output rates/grade.

Might be a quite few more months but once the #'s come out it'll sell itself. As soon as i start getting some hard #'s on input output i'll put out more info on SP projections. I believe the highest priced warrants are in the 7-8$ range so that'll be our first speed bump.

One huge factor that has helped "lower" inflation is the exceptionally strong $. With the ECB and UK raising sharply, and now finally Japan starting to raise, the US$ will weaken (look at Gold and Silver today), and will make the cost of imports go up, putting more pressure on inflation and the stock market.
Inflation is dropping regardless. The Fed has done enough damage to the economy. The sooner the market realizes it, the faster the recovery [market and economy].
In the meantime, I wouldn’t mind a little pop in gold.
Happy Chanukah…

Inflation is dropping regardless. The Fed has done enough damage to the economy. The sooner the market realizes it, the faster the recovery [market and economy].
In the meantime, I wouldn’t mind a little pop in gold.
Happy Chanukah…

May all your dreidels be filled with gold!

Advertisement
Advertisement
googled
Economichelp.org.
However, economic growth is compatible with low inflation, and developing economies which can increase productive capacity and general efficiency can see rising living standards without excessive inflation.Mar 3, 2016

Advertisement
Back