Still unranked? Jfc

15 should've been the absolute lowest. I get thinking this isn't one of the top 15 teams but there's no denying the last nine games and winning at duke. In the moment what 25 teams has Miamis resume? Regardless of the bad losses early.
And the "bad losses" aren't even that bad. Sure, Bama blew us out, but they are a top 15-20 team. UCF is a bubble team, and Dayton is an NIT type of team. It's not like we lost to Stetson or something.

Advertisement
Well of course we would be. To say it is the ACC ******** Miami out of the polls is ridiculous. Especially with UNC down, the conference needs Miami. If UNC was ranked and we weren't, the argument would make sense. WF was 11-2 and not ranked either two weeks ago.
Difference is, Wake didn't have a marquee win on their resume. They beat up on a bunch of cupcakes.

Difference is, Wake didn't have a marquee win on their resume. They beat up on a bunch of cupcakes.
True, my point was mainly about tobacco road favoritism, cause if that was the case, they would have been ranked when we beat them. Lost to LSU and at Lville, not exactly terrible losses.

This is pathetic. We easily should be in the 20s. Especially with all those ranked teams losing. I guess the ACC sucking this year hurt us. I couldn't bear to watch CBB the last few years, so I have no idea what these NET and top 16 committee rankings are. Is the AP and coaches still the gold standard? Or are these new rankings higher up, like with the playoff rankings?

15 should've been the absolute lowest. I get thinking this isn't one of the top 15 teams but there's no denying the last nine games and winning at duke. In the moment what 25 teams has Miamis resume? Regardless of the bad losses early.
Cribby, Hock went on to say that there continues to be a national Cane bias. Early losses in basketball similar to football can be forgotten. It is what have you done lately and in this case it has been since December. I can only think that Hock may in fact be correct and there still is a national bias after 20 years even thou the U has been irrelevant. Unbelievable!!

Advertisement
Cribby, Hock went on to say that there continues to be a national Cane bias. Early losses in basketball similar to football can be forgotten. It is what have you done lately and in this case it has been since December. I can only think that Hock may in fact be correct and there still is a national bias after 20 years even thou the U has been irrelevant. Unbelievable!!
I get thinking this is a mirage but still you can’t deny the resume and the wins. This happens all the time , rank a team by resume and wins. Be unbiased but the moment they drop a game or two that justifies a team being a mirage , boot them out. Just like Iowa in cfb. At this moment there’s no way you can’t have Miami in the top 15-20 by record / resume. If we lose to fsu they’ll say “ see , told ya“.

Last edited:
Well of course we would be. To say it is the ACC ******** Miami out of the polls is ridiculous. Especially with UNC down, the conference needs Miami. If UNC was ranked and we weren't, the argument would make sense. WF was 11-2 and not ranked either two weeks ago.
It's obvious you don't get it. You have a ton of AP voters that are in the ACC footprint. The ACC as a conference can and has put pressure on voters to recognize deserving teams. Keep in mind, access is huge and relationships matter. You'd think the conference would be disgusted with Miami not being ranked at this point, but they aren't.

It's obvious you don't get it. You have a ton of AP voters that are in the ACC footprint. The ACC as a conference can and has put pressure on voters to recognize deserving teams. Keep in mind, access is huge and relationships matter. You'd think the conference would be disgusted with Miami not being ranked at this point, but they aren't.
LOL I don't get it, man that is rich.

LOL I don't get it, man that is rich.
You aren't getting the point, and I honestly don't care if your feelings are hurt about it.

This is similar to 2012, when Miami, a team that should have easily gotten a 1 seed got screwed, despite there being a ton of ACC voices in the selection room. We knew when that bracket hit that the ACC voices didn't stand up for Miami. It was clear as day. Despite being in this conference, we've never gotten the benefit of the doubt in regards to basketball.

Advertisement
You aren't getting the point, and I honestly don't care if your feelings are hurt about it.

This is similar to 2012, when Miami, a team that should have easily gotten a 1 seed got screwed, despite there being a ton of ACC voices in the selection room. We knew when that bracket hit that the ACC voices didn't stand up for Miami. It was clear as day. Despite being in this conference, we've never gotten the benefit of the doubt in regards to basketball.
LOL why would my feelings be hurt? So you think we are the only school that has gotten screwed out of a top seed? No, our fans always play the underdog role, it is what it is. Every fanbase thinks they get the same treatment.

That's actually really bizarre. I didn't think we'd crack top 10 but there's no reason not to be in the top 25. Just ridiculous.

Aren't we still the only ACC school ever to win the regular and tournament championships and not get a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney? They have absolutely zero respect for us
!00% correct...2013. If my memory serves me correctly, Gonzaga got the last #1 seed over UM.

Advertisement
I get thinking this is a mirage but still you can’t deny the resume and the wins. This happens all the time , rank a team by resume and wins. Be unbiased but the moment they drop a game or two that justifies a team being a mirage , boot them out. Just like Iowa in cfb. At this moment there’s no way you can’t have Miami in the top 15-20 by record / resume. If we lose to fsu they’ll say “ see , told ya“.
My though, I think Canes drop the FSU game post Duke euphoria BUT this is an experienced/mature team so perhaps not and the Polls snub will help fuel the fire.

If the Canes do in fact win in Tally then I will not pick against them the rest of the regular season. Sure they’ll likely drop a game or 2 thereafter but confidence should be sky high going forward.

Advertisement
My though, I think Canes drop the FSU game post Duke euphoria BUT this is an experienced/mature team so perhaps not and the Polls snub will help fuel the fire.

If the Canes do in fact win in Tally then I will not pick against them the rest of the regular season. Sure they’ll likely drop a game or 2 thereafter but confidence should be sky high going forward.
If we do better than 15-5 it would be quite an accomplshment

Lunardi's latest bracketology has us as a 10 seed playing 7 seed Uconn.

Feels like a slight to us given our resume - no glaringly bad losses (Bama is a top 5 seed, UCF is a bubble team, Dayton is an NIT team), a win at the #2 team in the country, and a bunch of solid wins (Clemson, at Penn State, Wake, North Texas).

Last edited:
Normally I'd say they don't, but with our bandwagon fanbase, being ranked helps attendance. If we win at FSU tomorrow night, we will certainly be ranked heading into next week's crucial homestand.
this sadly is true. However beating FSU may get us into the Top 25 but I doubt it as it appears the writers are really down on the ACC this year. Too much parity.

Appears we aren’t even close.

Well, we are CLOSE. #28 in one poll, #26 in another...

1641934336756.png

Advertisement
Back