Steven Ortiz, 2021 DB, Arizona

That was Chandler & it was MNW that they crushed, it was at the Geico State Championship Bowl in 2017 after MNW had won our first State title in a decade.

It was the 6A champions Bowl game where they take the 2 best teams in the country for 6A class & have them matchup. It was a home game for Chandler though, but my boys got boat raced lol.

But Chandler is the strongest team in AZ, in 2016 in the Geico Bowl they killed Valdosta too. They were built & coached by Shaun Aguano who was one of the best Offesive innovative coaches in HS, he just recently got hired by Herm Edwards at AZ St this year for his first job in college.

I could see him being the next hs guy that does well as a play caller in college. . I've watched these dudes play before that game, as well as a bunch of socal teams on fox sports west. Arizona has done well against SFL. Hamilton (who's rivals with Chandler) whooped up on booker t in 2008 at traz powell and St. Thomas lost a game in 2017 to Centennial. Small state, but their top programs are very good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Talked to this kids uncle on Twitter, we offer and put any effort whatsoever with this kid and he'll commit. Big time Cane fan.
Some one send this thread to Coach Fields on Twitter, he’s responsive through twitter and this is something the staff needs to know. I deleted my Twitter after I ran my mouth to gator fans all summer and Enos hoodwinkd the fvck out of us.

Advertisement
Yep, Cliff that's him. Hope the staff wakes up on this kid.
I've been friends with Cliff forever, and have gotten to know his brother-in-law and this kid through him. Steven has been a legit prospect since 8th grade. He recently got a University of Washington offer, and is up to 18 official offers now. For some reason we have no interest, even though he gets picks against great competition and supports the run like a mack truck...

2021 prospect of interest. Physical DB with great ball skills at 5-11 170. Through a family connection, I know he has Miami interest and would likely visit if offered. Staff evaluated him last year as a freshman but decided to wait.

In 2018, racked up 57 tackles, 2 TFL, 5 INT's, 3 PBU's, and 2 fumble recoveries as a sophomore for Desert Edge in Arizona. Currently ranked as a 4-star and the #10 CB in the 2021 class by 247Sports.

Early offers from PSU, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, and Syracuse.

so many talented DB’s in south florida. we should wait... lmao
get him down here now! thanks for posting!

Advertisement
Know some people in AZ and Ortiz has been trying to get a Miami offer for a while now. That 4 star ranking is earned as well. Not some SoFla diva kid that is gonna string anyone along. If we offer he would likely commit. They are huge cane fans.

I've been friends with Cliff forever, and have gotten to know his brother-in-law and this kid through him. Steven has been a legit prospect since 8th grade. He recently got a University of Washington offer, and is up to 18 official offers now. For some reason we have no interest, even though he gets picks against great competition and supports the run like a mack truck...
Need to get this kid to Paradise camp. Let him show out in person and the coaches will have no choice but to take notice.

Advertisement
Back