Stetson running a train on Canes, 2nd inning

Advertisement
Advertisement
stetson with 4 across so far in the 7th...only one out...
errors
7-3 stetson.....laff laff laff..

losing to Bethune and Stetson in the same week...wow

Advertisement
Before CTCane comes in and tells us that everything will be fine, I will repeat what I said when we were getting shut down by Maine: we will be on the 2/3 bubble, win our first regional game with Diaz, get blasted by the #1 seed, and then lose to the team we beat in game one.

1-2 in the regionals, wasting another year of solid starting pitching.

but were young....this team cannot field a routine ground ball...Thompson who was targeted as a solid QB cant throw from 3rd to 1st on a consistant bases...

I still say rotation is awful.....we were doing fine tied the game up...Morris or JD brings in Sale...game over...

its another Cane Sports team dumpster fire....

Advertisement
The rotation is fine. These are midweek games we are losing. It sucks because we need to get some of these pitchers more work so that we aren't forced to bring in guys who have hardly thrown when we get into trouble. Get guys like Beauprez work. Another thing is that we never have the same batting lineup...ever. We switch it up every game. It doesn't make any sense to me to literally switch the lineup order every game. We give the guys no chance to mesh in the lineup and there ends up being too much pressure on guys when they are hitting 5th one game and then go 0-4 and all of a sudden are hitting 8th the next game. Get a lineup that we like and keep it for a little while. With that said, I know we can't keep losing midweek games, but if we keep winning weekend series then we will be fine. We must win the series at Georgia Tech this weekend. 2 out of 3 would work but a sweep would be fine. If we win the series this weekend then we are not dropping out of the top 25. Thats how college baseball works.

Advertisement
I'll have to admit this week has brought my expectations down a bit for this team. Season's still young so they should be playing better by the end of the season. Still this week was bad. And Morris isn't going anywhere until Morris says so. Oh well.

but if we keep winning weekend series then we will be fine.......

I guess we all have our own definition of "fine". We're already at 8 losses with 41 games remaining. Even a very respectable 29-12 puts us at 20 losses and headed on the road somewhere for the post-season. That is "fine" at Kentucky. Not at Miami.

If we win the series this weekend then we are not dropping out of the top 25. Thats how college baseball works.

Who gives a %$^& about the top 25? This is an RPI driven sport, not a poll driven sport. And losses kill your RPI. We're now essentially out of the national seed hunt and already in trouble to even be a regional host. Being in the top 25 won't be much of a consolation when South Carolina is curb stomping us in the Columbia Regional.

Somebody said that we would drop out of the top 25 so I answered. Settle down. We are nowhere near being in trouble to even host a regional. Its the 2nd week of ACC play. We have lost 1 weekend series and that was to the #2 team in the country. Are we going to win it all? I have no idea. Are we going to host? I don't know. But dang the freak outs on here after a few losses are insane. Lets see what happens.

Advertisement
Back