...Stephen Morris...

I like Morris but I think he started to believe his press clippings to much after the Manning camp. People moving him into the top 5 Sr. QB's and talking about him getting drafted I think derailed him. Obviously that's just my opinion but I think he has been awful this year. Teams have said we will not let him throw the deep pass and make him throw the 10 yard passes to beat us, well his stats show how that has worked.

You get any pressure on him and he looks lost. I will agree he has played injured and I applaud him for that but that is part of football. I mean he is a SR. QB that needed to put the team on his back and he just didn't do that. IMO, he can't.

I'm not saying Williams or Olsen will be the next great UM QB but Morris is for sure not it.

Advertisement
I like Morris but I think he started to believe his press clippings to much after the Manning camp. People moving him into the top 5 Sr. QB's and talking about him getting drafted I think derailed him. Obviously that's just my opinion but I think he has been awful this year. Teams have said we will not let him throw the deep pass and make him throw the 10 yard passes to beat us, well his stats show how that has worked.

You get any pressure on him and he looks lost. I will agree he has played injured and I applaud him for that but that is part of football. I mean he is a SR. QB that needed to put the team on his back and he just didn't do that. IMO, he can't.

I'm not saying Williams or Olsen will be the next great UM QB but Morris is for sure not it.

FSU dared him to go deep and he was wildly inaccurate in those 2 downfield attempts. If u can't execute your strengths you're in trouble.

I know I say it all the time, but put any decent QB in a shotgun WCO spread with fast WR everywhere and they will put up decent stats and against bad teams look explosive.

Ask him to make less wide open reads, take deeper drops, and throw to spots and he can't do it. Jacory looked great in Fisch's offense too. And Jacory is out of football two years later. Morris is simply a big armed QB with little else, which is exactly what he was projected as coming out of high school.

Criticizing a college kid playing on a bad ankle/achilles is the height of stupidity and arrogance. Get a life, folks.

Advertisement
Blame doesn't go on just one guy.

If we're gonna blame anyone, blame FSU for simply being better.

Criticizing a college kid playing on a bad ankle/achilles is the height of stupidity and arrogance. Get a life, folks.

I've criticized Morris long before the ankle injury. If you don't see a problem at QB and have a problem with people talking about the position then don't read the thread. But taking the bleeding heart holier than thou approach shows your female shoulders IMO.

Negged no one is taking personal shots. This is strictly on the field related.

Oh and let me guess criticize you, you're a man and you're 40 right?

Last edited:
Like I've said in other places I seriously believes Golden is Seniority> talent. He could've easily put ALOT of other people and develop them but I think he feels obligated to give randy recruits a fair shot at the next level REGARDLESS if they don't have one.

Advertisement
Like I've said in other places I seriously believes Golden is Seniority> talent. He could've easily put ALOT of other people and develop them but I think he feels obligated to give randy recruits a fair shot at the next level REGARDLESS if they don't have one.

I could two ***** about the "next level", his job is to win football games at MIAMI. Him not giving Williams a shot is my first real issue with him since he's been the HC.

I could two ****s about the "next level", his job is to win football games at MIAMI. Him not giving Williams a shot is my first real issue with him since he's been the HC.

+1
Love Golden but sticking with Morris regardless of performance or health is my only knock on him so far. We saw Williams come in a play very well. Why he hasn't been given a chance after that performance when Morris has been in the tank is beyond me.

I could two ****s about the "next level", his job is to win football games at MIAMI. Him not giving Williams a shot is my first real issue with him since he's been the HC.

Obviously but with a big game left in VTech and games against some **** teams we might struggle with, why even bother at this point? Blow out pit and Williams gets some burn to prep for next season but outside of that it's all but said and done.

Sn: I got this guy feeling Morris gets better for the combine and balls out. That's not a positive for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back