Stephen Morris Bandwagon

Advertisement
I appreciate the win. Im happy as ****. Unfortunately, I'm not in. He misses the simple passes and has no touch

Advertisement
It is what it is with Morris this year.

But for real... 451 yards lol

He just needs to hit the **** post/slant and Dorsett is outrunnin boys.

Like many others, I will keep saying he sucks until he passes for 700 yards in a game. And that's against a BCS team. Most definitely SEC. Have to be West Division. On the road. With no errant throws. Whatsoever. He's an inexperienced qb who couldn't even participate in spring ball six months ago because he was recuperating from back surgery for god's sake. Many on this board said this was the week we would find out about Morris (and D$) - dude passed for the 5th most yards in school history and what I'm seeing a lot of is MEH. Why is he supposed to be Kellen Moore in his 12th year of starting at Boise State? Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good ...

Like many others, I will keep saying he sucks until he passes for 700 yards in a game. And that's against a BCS team. Most definitely SEC. Have to be West Division. On the road. With no errant throws. Whatsoever. He's an inexperienced qb who couldn't even participate in spring ball six months ago because he was recuperating from back surgery for god's sake. Many on this board said this was the week we would find out about Morris (and D$) - dude passed for the 5th most yards in school history and what I'm seeing a lot of is MEH. Why is he supposed to be Kellen Moore in his 12th year of starting at Boise State? Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good ...

His accuracy definitely needs some work, but most of us should be happy with 430 yards at 60% completion with 2 TDs / 1 INT. He may be a Junior, but he hasn't even broken into double digit starts yet. I'm willing to be patient- I think that he's on the right track.

Advertisement
Personally, I think the kid is only going to get better. I think he broke through a psychological barrier today. I think that through the first three games he still had that tentativeness that comes from not wanting to make a big mistake, hence the references to him looking robotic and unnatural. During the game today there came a point where the urgency and desire to win overcame the hesitation and he said " Fack this!" and just let it rip. Now he can start to progress and get better.

Leading that last drive in regulation should do wonders for his confidence. Barring injury he still has 20+ starts in front of him. Granted he still has plenty to improve on(accuracy, touch ect) but with coach Fisch there to continue to teach and develop him I think Morris has a chance to become a consistently good to very good college QB with a shot at Sundays. Today was a great start.

Last edited:
Loved watching him go through his progressions and not lock on all the time like most callow QBs do.

He may not be the perfect QB but he is a leader which this team so desperately needs. Still on the bandwagon.

We won and he threw for over 400 yards, but he needs to learn to throw with some touch and to hit receivers in stride so they can run after the catch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back