Step up to the plate Mr. Flowers!

Advertisement
Advertisement
He will not start at left tackle. The Giants if they have any sense at all with bring in a journeyman or find someone with experience.
This is a big *** blow to NY.
Flowers may turn out to be great. But in this win now league, they are not dumb enough to put a rookie in that kind of position.
The kid needs reps in the NFL.

He will not start at left tackle. The Giants if they have any sense at all with bring in a journeyman or find someone with experience.
Flowers may turn out to be great. But in this win now league, they are not dumb enough to put a rookie in that kind of position.

It happens all the time in the NFL.

Don't tell Seantrel that!

Advertisement
It will be an interesting matchup in game one between the Giants and Cowboys. Flowers could be lined up against Randy Gregory. I recall that did not go very well last year.

It will be an interesting matchup in game one between the Giants and Cowboys. Flowers could be lined up against Randy Gregory. I recall that did not go very well last year.

He dominated Gregory/Nebraska. Yea greg beat him on one play or 2 but flowers handled him so much that they moved him to the other side of the field because he was neutralized by flowers

Advertisement
They are both huge men, which means the answer to your question will be determined by health, not ability.

Advertisement
I'll be meeting him in June @ a Giants charity basketball game. Im going to ask him what the **** is going on with the program.

ccording to one long time NFL Coach, his technique is "the worse I have ever seen"

1. I think the Giants are fooling themselves if they think the pectoral muscle injury suffered by left tackle Will Beatty, which reportedly could keep him out until at least October, won’t have huge ramifications. Beatty had developed himself into a very capable left tackle, and now the Giants are left with either Justin Pugh (who underwhelmed so much at right tackle he had been penciled in at guard ) or Ereck Flowers, the ninth overall pick out of Miami earlier this month. I recently spent the weekend at the Coaches of Offensive Line (COOL) Clinic in Cincinnati, and the reviews on Flowers were not good. “Some of the worst technique I’ve ever seen in a player drafted that high,” said one veteran NFL line coach. “He played for one of the best coaches, Art Kehoe, and his technique was terrible,” said another coach. “That tells me he doesn’t take coaching well. That’s a big problem because all of the recent tackles have struggled making the transition. It now takes them until Year 3. You can thank the spread and the [collective bargaining agreement] for that.”

It happens all the time in the NFL.

Does it? How many rookies are playing/starting at left tackle? He may have to start and thats when we find out.

Flowers will be an all pro.

Maybe. But it will not be this season.

Advertisement
Back