Stefan, Dmoney, Lucan, and anyone else in the know

mianjomar

Junior
Is there any reason why we should be encouraged that we won’t be lit up by every QB we face like we have for the past several years. It finally caught up with us at Pitt but virtually every team we faced in our division moved the ball with ease through the air. Is the striker position the answer or is that an oversimplification?

Advertisement
The defense needs to improve on 3rd down, but i think the larger problem is based on the 3 stats in bold which imo mostly correlate to our offenses inability to sustain drives and stay on the field. I think if you even that TOP up you'll see a less tired defense and a better 3rd down conversion rate. Obviously the clemson game stands out, we got outplayed and out coached.

Opponents 19TD/17INT
Opp Passer Rating 116.46
Yards per play 4.7
Sacks 44

Pass Defense rank 56th
Opposing QB Passer rank 23rd
Interceptions ranked 5th
Yards per attempt ranked 6th
Passing % allowed ranked 56th
Sacks ranked 4th
Passing attempts against ranked 107th
Time of possession 124th
Opponents 3rd down conversion rate 75th

Not an expert, but I think earlier in the year we had new people in secondary and took them time to adjust and end of the year I think lack of depth=lack of pass rush really hurt. Lots of tired bodies

its Actually amazing how many points per game we had with that TOP.
Our defense had to gassed by the end of the season.

Is there any reason why we should be encouraged that we won’t be lit up by every QB we face like we have for the past several years. It finally caught up with us at Pitt but virtually every team we faced in our division moved the ball with ease through the air. Is the striker position the answer or is that an oversimplification?

Wrong site! Shouldn't you be on 247?

Advertisement
this is my main concern for the defense. the secondary wasn't all that great, and sometime made average qbs look good. loisng Malek Young is going to be hurt

I’m hoping the return of Richards, the influx of talent at RB (Dallas F/T committed, Lingard, Davis) behind Homer, and the new FB and TEs give Richt more playcalling options with 12 personnel. And, of course, Rosier improves ‘enough’.

This should increase scoring, or at least TOP. Way too many points left on the field. Too many chip-shot FGs.

Advertisement
Post less bub

Our defense ranked 21st in Passing S&P+, yet this troll thinks "every" QB lit us up.

Dumbest fanbase ever, and it's not close
We had some bad games for sure but we had some good ones too. You know how some on this site are

this is my main concern for the defense. the secondary wasn't all that great, and sometime made average qbs look good. loisng Malek Young is going to be hurt
alex-ovechkin-not-going-to-be-suck-shirt.jpg

Advertisement
I think this year will be a good gauge as to how the defense will continue to look under Diaz. We have experience every where except DT and All-American candidates at DE, LB, CB, and S.

If we get “lit up”, it’ll be because of scheme, not personnel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back