Steelers Decline Artie Burns 5th year option

...****. hope someone picks him up
DMoney - I know you like stats so here you go...

Advertisement
All our recent first round picks besides Njoku were reaches. It's not a shock that most are struggling while our 5th rounders are producing for pennies on the dollar.

Needs to move to fs. His biggest attributes is his speed and ball skills. Let him be a centerfielder.

I love Artie, but his tackling is not good enough to be an NFL safety. His tackling is a problem as a corner.

Under the circumstances, I think Njuku has been better then decent. Nobody balls out as an offensive player for the Browns lately. **** their most popular offensive player for years was Joe Thomas!

As long as Artie doesn't look completely awful this year, he will get a second chance with another team but it will be his last chance. Wasn't his agent/mentor Melvin Bratton at one point? I heard Bratton has had some health issues in the past year..?.. (stroke maybe?.. I heard this from a guy who apparently knew him since HS that I sat at the hibachi table with at Japan Inn so take it with a grain of salt)....but if true, its no coincidence that Arties play started tailing off around the same time. Just a thought.

he has never been truly good tho imo. he was a reach as a first rounder and flopped imo

Advertisement
also, remember, it doesn't matter that the guys that we had picked in the first round have been busts recently, as long as were placing guys there (whether or not they're reaches). fisher got three straight QBs in the first round and that'll always stick no matter how bad they were in the NFL. same w saban and his usual Bama guys esp at RB.

Saw this one coming. Problems w Big Ben & his production has dropped.

Hopefully my Bears pick him up
Artie had problems with Big Ben? This is news to me and the Steelers is my team. Artie and Ben never had an issue and there were never any reports of such a thing, not sure where you got that from.

Artie had problems with Big Ben? This is news to me and the Steelers is my team. Artie and Ben never had an issue and there were never any reports of such a thing, not sure where you got that from.

It was on Canes Warning last week. Apparently, Artie wasn’t happy w Big Ben’s contract. Not sure if it was taken out of context or what.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back