Steele isnt IT

I don't understand the love affair with Kevin Steele. He's had some big gigs, but he was basically replaced everywhere.

1980 Tennessee (SA)
1980–1981 Tennessee (GA)
1982 Tennessee (OLB)
1983 New Mexico State (LB)
1984–1986 Oklahoma State (LB/TE)
1987–1988 Tennessee (DB)
1989–1994 Nebraska (LB)
1995–1998 Carolina Panthers (LB)
1999–2002 Baylor
2003–2006 Florida State (LB)
2007 Alabama (DC)
2008 Alabama (DHC/ILB)
2009–2011 Clemson (DC/LB)
2013 Alabama (director player personnel)
2014 Alabama (LB)
2015 LSU (DC/LB)
2016–2020 Auburn (DC)
2020 Auburn (interim HC/DC)

I'm not defending what Baker has done. There must be a change, but Steele isn't it either.

One more thing...who else is sick and tired of seeing our stadium having a big game played in it....and we ain't playing in the game
We continue to get the same he can not stay anywhere comments
Check any resume
The move. Saban was at nine schools in the first nine years
Same true for all coaches

Advertisement
Check any resume
True. The better indicator is how many times they’ve been fired vs moved on to a better opportunity

I’m seeing posts bashing pretty much any potential DC that’s brought up on here. You don’t want Baker and you don’t want Manny calling plays either, not sure why on the latter.

What realistic option are y’all hoping for then? Seriously. Because I’m not seeing this option that is universally loved on here or even close to it.

So who does the CIS braintrust want Manny to hire? I can already sense that he’s going to be crucified on here no matter what he does.

You know how this goes. Anyone we hire for DC will be nitpicked by the love seat coaches on this site.

I’m seeing posts bashing pretty much any potential DC that’s brought up on here. You don’t want Baker and you don’t want Manny calling plays either, not sure why on the latter.

What realistic option are y’all hoping for then? Seriously. Because I’m not seeing this option that is universally loved on here or even close to it.

So who does the CIS braintrust want Manny to hire? I can already sense that he’s going to be crucified on here no matter what he does.
I would love Strong as our DC...with Wilson or Jess Simpson as a DLine coach

Check any resume
Its not that he can't stay anywhere. That's not the point. He has been replaced at alot of his destinations....Bama, Clemson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama Pts. Per Game Average

2016 - 39.4 (-9.4)
2017 - 36.4 (-22.4)
2018 - 45.3 (+6.7)
2019 - 47.2 (-0.8)
2020 -48.1 (-6.1)

Show me a DC with better results.
Um 3 of those 5 years he gave up more then they **** average 😂. If we ever had a DC give up 52, 42, 48 to FSU that DC would never be allowed in south Florida

absolute pass on strong. he hasn't coordinated a d in a decade plus.

So? There are DCs who have been actively coordinating for a decade plus who still suck, so staying active doesn't seem to suddenly make them good coordinators. Strong was so successful as DC he became a HC. He stopped coordinating because he was so good at it he became the guy in charge running the program, not because he was bad at it and got demoted. You think Strong forgot how to be a DC?

Who is your ideal flawless candidate?

Beat Bama twice in last five years. Any other DCs that can say that?
eddie murphy laughing GIF

Advertisement
I agree the rivary is the same. I just don’t agree with the fact that it’s an up in the air game like us & fsu. Bama has a MAJOR talent edge over Auburn.

For sure, Bama has almost always had the talent advantage in the series. I was addressing how CAT5 said Auburn had beat them twice in five years. These types of rivalries, anything can and usually does happen.

I don't understand the love affair with Kevin Steele. He's had some big gigs, but he was basically replaced everywhere.

1980 Tennessee (SA)
1980–1981 Tennessee (GA)
1982 Tennessee (OLB)
1987–1988 Tennessee (DB)
1989–1994 Nebraska (LB)
1999–2002 Baylor
2007 Alabama (DC)
2008 Alabama (DHC/ILB)
2014 Alabama (LB)
2015 LSU (DC/LB)
2016–2020 Auburn (DC)

I'm not defending what Baker has done. There must be a change, but Steele isn't it either.

One more thing...who else is sick and tired of seeing our stadium having a big game played in it....and we ain't playing in the game
Say what you want, but we haven't had a DC of Steele's caliber and experience here to even ***** about leaving, and yes, that includes Manny.

I'm not saying he is the solution either at this stage in his career, but the constant attacking of the dude "playing the $$$ game" comes off like the 5 star kid that chooses to go elsewhere and our fans all of sudden decide he sucks.

Advertisement

1980 Tennessee (SA)
1980–1981 Tennessee (GA)
1982 Tennessee (OLB)
1987–1988 Tennessee (DB)
1989–1994 Nebraska (LB)
1999–2002 Baylor
2007 Alabama (DC)
2008 Alabama (DHC/ILB)
2014 Alabama (LB)
2015 LSU (DC/LB)
2016–2020 Auburn (DC)

Now post Baker and Manny's resume....

Now post Baker and Manny's resume....
Most people really think they know what happened at Auburn, but don't.

YellaWood (Jimmy Rane) wanted Steele to be the next head coach at Auburn after Malzahn. They/he are the most influential big spending booster at Auburn, and by all accounts, is the one absorbing most of Malzahn's buy out. Clearly, he and his first choice, Steele, thought it would be a no brainer that he would be chosen based on that fact....he wasn't.

There are always political aspects to these things and sides of taken. It's funny to me how a lot of our fans just go with "dude stabs people in the back"...lol. Many said the same thing about Tubbs while Auburn was flirting around with Petrino behind his back.

Most people really think they know what happened at Auburn, but don't.

YellaWood (Jimmy Rane) wanted Steele to be the next head coach at Auburn after Malzahn. They/he are the most influential big spending booster at Auburn, and by all accounts, is the one absorbing most of Malzahn's buy out. Clearly, he and his first choice, Steele, thought it would be a no brainer that he would be chosen based on that fact....he wasn't.

There are always political aspects to these things and sides of taken. It's funny to me how a lot of our fans just go with "dude stabs people in the back"...lol. Many said the same thing about Tubbs while Auburn was flirting around with Petrino behind his back.
Ironically, Steele may lose out again. He's "acting HC" at this time - looks like the plan is to replace Fulmer first and let the new AD run the coaching search...

Advertisement
Back