Stealing Auburn's recruits

medearis

Recruit
Are we going after Jovon, Ricardo, etc. since Gus left? Given that they have dirty Trooper and are in the most popular conference, it would make sense to go after actual legitimate recruits (including one who is a stud in our backyard).

Advertisement
Malzahn leaving Auburn is a huge loss for them. One would think that would make a big impact on recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What excuses? I didn't say anything about it helping us win or helping them win, doesn't mean it isn't happening at places like Auburn. Just because your not informed doesn't mean you have to change the subject.

And we aren't winning because we don't have a lot of good football players, our depth sucks, etc, nothing else.

Advertisement
BigPoppaCane, it's different in say, Alabama than here. Forever, it was a customary practice for boosters and even locals to put together sufficient 'assistance' to ensure a kid went to one school or the other.

In Alabama, you're either a die hard 'Bama fan, or a die hard Auburn fan, and never shall the twain meet during football season. I've seen some horrific fights within a family complete with blood, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. Hatred.

Back on what I was saying. Nice, quiet, low-level football enthusiasts sometimes called 'boosters' who managed to find out what the needs were of the family. Even the churches would take up a 'special contribution' or even multiple contributions. Preacher gets his ten percent, and the remainder would go to the family who would make this happen. Did the kid get the money? Nope. Nothing so sordid - or traceable.

That was a while back.

But time-honored traditions are very slow and hard to die. I have no personal knowledge of any incident today, but that was common practice in the very recent past.

But.

When you're in the top five, you can recruit like **** simply because you're winning. Visible.

No need to resort to sordid tactics when you're winning.

Miami will get back there. Right now a really good player with heart can come in, earn a spot, and play.

And at the end of the day, that's what makes for winners with desire.

WHy do people keep making comments about programs not cheating when they are winning. EVERYONE cheats. I had this argument on grassy. Do you guys really believe programs like BAMA, LSU, etc aren't cheating because they don't have to? It's not about having to.

With regards to Miami, I don't believe what anyone says with regards to knowing what our program doesn't do. Before the Shapiro nonsense, those "in the know" shot down this guy's story and rambled on and on about how there's no way Miami would allow something like that to happen. Now it's, "well yeah that guy was just hooking our guys up with VIP access and stuff but we don't have any big money guys." Yeah, just like we didn't have a Shapiro until he spilled his guts. I always remember what Alex said a while back during one of these arguments. To paraphrase: for those that say UM is squeaky clean, you should see some of the cars that our guys drive.

Again, there's no doubt in my mind that everyone cheats. Some just cheat more than others.

Also, btw, rumors were swirling around over a week ago via facebook that bama had offered 5 star RB and AU committ TJ Yeldon 200 grand. This weekend he decommitted from AU and committed to BAMA. AU lost their OC and their DC. We should be going after every kid on their committ list that our staff deems Miami material.

Advertisement
Yep

Difference is, in Florida every wanna be Uncle Luke fake *** gatorade corch thinks he's entitled to something from a school in order to get a recruit.

can we please get the thread back on track and stop insulting each other about hypothetical payments. Any recruits we can steal from Auburn and/or the SEC?

Advertisement
Back