Stats vs UL

dg151

Sophomore
I mentioned it in a previous thread but I wanted to do some in depth stats and some X&Os stuff. With the Monday night game I didn't have the time in the week to get this done quickly so this took a lot longer than I wanted. But anyway, I think it turned out okish for the first try, have some stuff I want to do differently going forward but am definitely looking for suggestions or corrections. It has a passing chart and some RB stats, as well as a breakdown for each play for offense and defense. It has what players were on the field, the personnel grouping, the play type for offense and defense, the result, the yardage, and some other stuff. I'm gonna go through and post some of the stats in a bit, but here's the QB Chart, and the google doc link is below. X&Os stuff might come tomorrow depending how boring the noon games are.

lQfmOhw.jpg

ALL THE STATS.

Advertisement
instead of looking at attempts by Kaaya based on yards how about time without being hit
0-2 seconds: Bounced pass in the flat bc I am really scared
3-5 seconds: bruised ribs
5+ seconds: I am the next David ash

James coley limited him extremely according to those numbers. Gotta open it up.

The lack of downfield passing was an issue but was probably the 3rd worst in terms of not helping Kaaya. First was he kept doing way too complicated of play action passes. Pulling guards is great to sell fakes but it makes for some REALLY hard blocks for the pulling players, and it got Kaaya rocked one time because we had everyone block down, pulled a guard, and UL blitzed 2 guys where the guard was pulling towards and one of the players went untouched and hit Kaaya. The other was rolling Kaaya to the left. If the pass to Dobard is rolled to the right, Kaaya probably gets the ball there, but he had to roll, set up, and then was falling away from the pass because there was pressure. The offense was both too complicated and too limiting.

Advertisement
For the running stats, Duke broke 4 tackles and had 32 of his 90 yards after contact.

For the receivers...

Coley - 3 receptions on 8 targets for 9 yards

Dorsett - 1 reception on 4 targets for 39 yards

Walford - 3 receptions on 4 targets for 38 yards

Waters - 6 receptions on 6 targets for 61 yards

Berrios - 1 reception on 3 targets for -1 yards and a 5 yard PI.

Been mentioned before but the starting OL played all 60 snaps. Kaaya also played all 60 snaps. Walford was next highest with 51 snaps. Stacy had 42 snaps, Dorsett had 41. Duke led the RBs with 43. We lined up with a FB on 12 snaps (including 1 with Yearby there).

On defense, Armbrister was in on a team high 67 (of 72) defensive plays. Denzel was in on 66, Kirby 51. Chickillo had 61, Pierre 38, Kamalu 37, Chad 7. McCord had 47, Trent Harris had 20. Huertelou 39, Jenkins 27.

Deon Bush - 60
Artie Burns - 48
Dallas Crawford - 46
Ladarius Gunter - 40
Antonio Crawford - 36
Tracy Howard - 23
Jamal Carter - 18

These are all estimations and are probably off a few here and there. I probably mixed up Fentress and Dallas a few times, and on certain plays all the DBs weren't shown so I had to assume some. It should all be within a few.

Been mentioned before but the starting OL played all 60 snaps. Kaaya also played all 60 snaps. Walford was next highest with 51 snaps. Stacy had 42 snaps, Dorsett had 41. Duke led the RBs with 43. We lined up with a FB on 12 snaps (including 1 with Yearby there).

On defense, Armbrister was in on a team high 67 (of 72) defensive plays. Denzel was in on 66, Kirby 51. Chickillo had 61, Pierre 38, Kamalu 37, Chad 7. McCord had 47, Trent Harris had 20. Huertelou 39, Jenkins 27.

Deon Bush - 60
Artie Burns - 48
Dallas Crawford - 46
Ladarius Gunter - 40
Antonio Crawford - 36
Tracy Howard - 23
Jamal Carter - 18

These are all estimations and are probably off a few here and there. I probably mixed up Fentress and Dallas a few times, and on certain plays all the DBs weren't shown so I had to assume some. It should all be within a few.

Did you watch the sky cam replay on espn3?

Advertisement
I had it on during the game on a 2nd tv but it's too hard to control it to use it to review the game. I might go through it if I want to touch this game up later.

Deon Bush - 60
Artie Burns - 48
Dallas Crawford - 46
Ladarius Gunter - 40
Antonio Crawford - 36
Tracy Howard - 23
Jamal Carter - 18

Thought Grace had 20+ snaps but don't see him listed.

How many did Elder get? I can see why Howard was ****ed.

Deon Bush - 60
Artie Burns - 48
Dallas Crawford - 46
Ladarius Gunter - 40
Antonio Crawford - 36
Tracy Howard - 23
Jamal Carter - 18

Thought Grace had 20+ snaps but don't see him listed.

How many did Elder get? I can see why Howard was ****ed.

Grace had 22, I just didn't list everyone. I only have Elder down for 3.

For plays that counted, Duke was 1/1 for 5 yards. He was also targeted on the wheel route that got called back. Gus and Yearby were also 1/1 each receiving.

Advertisement
Curious what the interest in something like this for the FAMU game would be? I'm not gonna do the whole thing because it's tough with the internet feed, but the QB/RB/WR stuff and player snaps is doable.

Curious what the interest in something like this for the FAMU game would be? I'm not gonna do the whole thing because it's tough with the internet feed, but the QB/RB/WR stuff and player snaps is doable.

Thanks. I look forward to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back