Stats vs Arkansas State (QB Chart, Snaps, WR/DB Targets)

dg151

Sophomore
Did the full thing like the UL game. Will post all the stats in a bit.

aehRIGB.jpg

Link for full Arkansas State stat file.

FAMU Stats, FAMU Thread

UL Stats, UL Thread

Season to Date Stats

Last edited:
Advertisement
Once thing I've noticed is Kaaya love between the hashes.
Confident qb to do that. I also think that's why we don't see as many deep shots as were used to, because we'll have Dorsett and/or Coley running streaks down the sideline for 6. He looks downfield of the middle but doesn't have full field awareness yet, and that's not expected out of a frosh q.

Snaps
QB - Kaaya (50), Heaps (11)
RB - Duke (37), Yearby (13), Gus (8), Regula (8), Gray (3), Tucker (2)
WR - Dorsett (40), Lewis (39), Berrios (24), Waters (19), Jones (15), Brady (13)
TE - Walford (36), Dobard (28), O'Donnell (8), Herndon (8)
OT - Flowers (47), Gadbois (46), McDermott (17), Darling (14)
OG - Feliciano (50), Isidora (48), Wells (13), Sunny (8)
C - McDermott (47), Linder (14), Gall (3)

DL - Chickillo (72), McCord (58), Pierre (45), Kamalu (45), Hertelou (37), Jenkins (32), Harris (32), Chad (18)
LB - Perryman (78), Armbrister (69), Grace (60), Kirby (42), Owens (21)
CB - Burns (56), Crawford (55), Howard (44), Gunter (25), Elder (21)
S - Bush (59), Carter (52), Crawford (45), Fentress (24)

Gunters playing time seems to have taken a serious hit. Burns needs to start producing. A.Crawford has played well. Howard seems to be in a funk. Elder needs more snaps. He has earned it.

Safeties are about where I expected in terns of distribution of PT. That unit needs to start making plays. The whole secondary has been underwhelming.

The fact that Waters has played only 19 snaps is downright criminal. For comparison D Jones has 15. Keep in mind that this is without having Stacy Coley in the rotation. James Coley is pure comedy.

I wonder why Herb Waters is getting so few snaps relative to the other WRs. I don't presume to know how he's doing in practice, but he seems like a baller when he gets opportunities. Curious if anyone has any insight.

Advertisement
I noticed a pattern with Kayaa in every game he is accurate on balls that are 11 yards and above he has trouble 10 yards and under which is kind of mind boggling to me but exciting at the same time something that can be fixed. ... Coley needs to release Kayaa and let him throw up field 10-15 times a game we have the athletes for it and the line is pretty decent to hold up for three seconds.... i hope..

Advertisement
Gunters playing time seems to have taken a serious hit. Burns needs to start producing. A.Crawford has played well. Howard seems to be in a funk. Elder needs more snaps. He has earned it.

Safeties are about where I expected in terns of distribution of PT. That unit needs to start making plays. The whole secondary has been underwhelming.

The fact that Waters has played only 19 snaps is downright criminal. For comparison D Jones has 15. Keep in mind that this is without having Stacy Coley in the rotation. James Coley is pure comedy.

Gunter didn't play in the 2nd half for whatever reason. He's still a starter in base and nickel.

Jones snaps were all garbage time, Lewis getting that many snaps was odd but he probably had a good week of practice so he was rewarded.

Chick in the game late was weird. He got caught on the field in hurry up but not sure why Chad wasn't in in the first place. Bashing Golden for it is fairly stupid, but do you.

Offensive Targets
Dorsett - 4/6
Berrios - 3/4
Walford - 3/3
Lewis - 2/2, 1 PI
Duke - 2/3
Herndon - 0/2
Waters - 1/1
Dobard - 0/1, 1 INT

Defensive Targets
Grace - 3/4, 1 Drop
Howard - 1/3, 1 PBU, 1 PI
Burns - 2/2, 1 PI
ACrawford - 1/3, 1 PBU
DCrawford - 2/3, 1 Drop
Carter - 1/3, 1 PBU
Elder - 0/1, 1 PBU
Gunter - 0/1
Denzel - 1/1
Kirby - 1/1
Owens - 0/1, 1 PBU

Why the **** would they run Chick into the ground with 72 snaps against Ark State?

Lol..... love this board

Chick sucks why is he in the game. Weighs too much...has no moves

Why did Golden run Chick in the ground we need him...he's too tired now

Advertisement
this is awesome, thanks for the work

it seemed like watching the game that grace was in there a lot and this seems to confirm that he's jumped kirby for the third LB spot (or maybe it was just a matchup thing)

how malcolm lewis plays as many snaps as any WR but only has five catches on the year is not something i understand. we should get someone on the field who can get open/make plays (herb imo)

this is awesome, thanks for the work

it seemed like watching the game that grace was in there a lot and this seems to confirm that he's jumped kirby for the third LB spot (or maybe it was just a matchup thing)

how malcolm lewis plays as many snaps as any WR but only has five catches on the year is not something i understand. we should get someone on the field who can get open/make plays (herb imo)

Pretty sure it was a matchup thing. Arky St was spread so much that we went 4-3 a ton with Grace playing in space. Grace is going to play a ton because Kirby is rotating with Perryman and Grace is the starter in nickel, but it will probably be more even going forward.

steven morris couldn't do this after 5 years. Throwing into the middle of the field for short/intermediate routes was something he just couldn't do. Its definitely an encouraging sign that Kaaya is slinging it at such an early stage. One positive aspect of stevens game was his moxie. You wanted the ball in his hands if we were down late in the 4th. can't say that about kaaya....yet

Once thing I've noticed is Kaaya love between the hashes.
Confident qb to do that. I also think that's why we don't see as many deep shots as were used to, because we'll have Dorsett and/or Coley running streaks down the sideline for 6. He looks downfield of the middle but doesn't have full field awareness yet, and that's not expected out of a frosh q.

Advertisement
holly ****.. we have an actual football related thread and it is a pretty good one. who would of thought our fans had it in them!

To be fair, the drop was good coverage, and two others were on scrambles where the QB made nice plays. Lots of potential in coverage but needs to get better recognizing routes.

Advertisement
Back