Stats through 7 Games vs. 2015

I compared our topline offensive and defensive stats through 7 games this year vs. the first 7 games last year:

2015:
YPG: 401
Yards allowed PG: 406
PPG: 29
Points allowed PG: 28

However, that includes the Clemson beat down. We played Georgia Tech later in the year last year. To make it more apples to apples, I replaced the Clemson game stats with GT:

2015 with GT instead of Clem:
YPG: 436
Yards allowed PG: 378
PPG: 34
Points allowed PG: 23

2016:
YPG: 414
Yards allowed PG: 343
PPG: 34
Points allowed PG: 17

So if you accept the GT adjustment, our offense has actually been pretty similar to last year. Defense has been better with or without the GT adjustment. Not sure if there is anything to take away other than the fact that the offense hasn't really regressed as much as it just has not improved at all.

Advertisement
If you truly want apples to apples comparison, take out the three non P5 opponents we've played this year and the two we played last year to start the schedule.

If you truly want apples to apples comparison, take out the three non P5 opponents we've played this year and the two we played last year to start the schedule.
App state deserves to be included in any statistical discussion. They are better than many power 5 teams

Advertisement
App state deserves to be included in any statistical discussion. They are better than many power 5 teams

:ibis-roflmao-sm3::ibis-roflmao-sm3:
We can disagree on other things but you're saying app state isn't better than some power five teams?

I'm not saying they are great but they manhandled Tennessee in the trenches.

You can't just say the stats don't count because it doesn't fit your narrative. We dominate them when another ranked opponent didn't and nearly lost, at home

They are well above famu and fau and that's a fact

If you include GT in 2015 - Our offense scored 20+ points in all 7 games. We haven't reached 20 points in our last 3 games.

This season in a nutshell:

F3JcHLNU5jz44.gif

Advertisement

here we go:

2015 - 24.7 ppg
2016 - 17.5 ppg

Good enough to be 6-1 right now. Not too bad...
17.5 PPG would rank us 124th in the nation (between Ark St and Miami, OH). This offense stinks. Edit: I assume you were thinking those were defensive stats.

ACC Performance on Offense

2015: 8 Games

Yards Per Game: 372 YPG
Points Per Game: 29 PPG

2016: Through 4 Games

Yards Per Game: 340 YPG
Points Per Game: 21 PPG

Record: 1-3

2015: GT, FSU, UNC and VT

Yards Per Game: 408 YPG
Points Per Game 28 PPG

Record: 2-2