Stats, analytics, and optimization when selecting systems and coaches

Your model would essentially be establishing an upper and lower confidence level of a population.

Adjusting for the variables of any given coach is something I mentioned on Twitter last night and I agree with your premise.

Truth is, this situation really is an example of Occam’s Razor.

Just pulled up your twitter and I completely agree. The first step would probably be to adjust performance as expected against the same competition. Part of them would include creating a model that compares historical results. For example, spread variation 1 produces 37 net ppg in the FCS might only produce 30 net ppg in the FBS does to better coaches being able to better prepare players. I think a really good model would take years to make and that's with the raw data being supplied.

At this point, I am calling on Manny using any meaningful data or statistics to make decisions. Just considering the population mean of a distribution doesn't mean we fall on the right side of that. Our chances obviously change by opponent and situation. I am guessing that Manny watched Money Ball on a plane ride and instantly became a "data guy".

Advertisement
This **** is unnecessary, we lost many games this year by 7 points or less, which means the talent to win games is ready here, just need the right General to lead the troops. And i dont give a damyum what oc comes in here, most of them need direction too, which is why they're not the headcoach. Its no way you can be a headcoach and sit back and allow enos already to just keep calling dumd ****. In the gaytor game, diaz, you're the headcoach, your o-line is getting kilt, instead of telling enos already, i dont want to see no more 5 and 7 step drops right now, you just stood their and let that moron keep calling those plays, coach diaz, as the head coach, u you need to grow up quick!
The Head Coach instructs/coaches the coordinators, coordinators instructs/coaches the assistants. Its supposed to be 1 team working together to win games, everyone understands the message and thats on the Head Coach plain and simple

Just pulled up your twitter and I completely agree. The first step would probably be to adjust performance as expected against the same competition. Part of them would include creating a model that compares historical results. For example, spread variation 1 produces 37 net ppg in the FCS might only produce 30 net ppg in the FBS does to better coaches being able to better prepare players. I think a really good model would take years to make and that's with the raw data being supplied.

At this point, I am calling on Manny using any meaningful data or statistics to make decisions. Just considering the population mean of a distribution doesn't mean we fall on the right side of that. Our chances obviously change by opponent and situation. I am guessing that Manny watched Money Ball on a plane ride and instantly became a "data guy".

I like your style.

We need a head coach that will get into his coaches *** like Saban and Butch does... Have their asses tight around there, hold them friggin accountable...

The Head Coach instructs/coaches the coordinators, coordinators instructs/coaches the assistants. Its supposed to be 1 team working together to win games, everyone understands the message and thats on the Head Coach plain and simple

Exactly, the headcoach has to be able to have the ability to know when to override whenever the direction of the game is going haywire. A good coach that does that consistently is gumbo fisher, he has football common sense, and understands his advantages in game in real time kind of quickly, and he still calls his on plays. Although i luv going up against coaches like him, im definitely not a fan of his, especially the way he snaked out bowden, but when you play a gumbo fisher coached team, your team is going to have to bring it.

Advertisement
Exactly, the headcoach has to be able to have the ability to know when to override whenever the direction of the game is going haywire. A good coach that does that consistently is gumbo fisher, he has football common sense, and understands his advantages in game in real time kind of quickly, and he still calls his on plays. Although i luv going up against coaches like him, im definitely not a fan of his, especially the way he snaked out bowden, but when you play a gumbo fisher coached team, your team is going to have to bring it.

Come on Calvin. Don't disrespect one of my favorite head coaches in the person of GOOD OL' BOY Jimbo.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

Come on Calvin. Don't disrespect one of my favorite head coaches in the person of GOOD OL' BOY Jimbo.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

ROFL, one thing you gotta respect about gumbo, he coaching to win everytime no matter who he's up against, its whoever whenever with him and his teams take on his mindset. Coach richt been like that, the funny thing is seeing people on here, at a UM sight complaining that coach richt did win in the "big games" at UGA, so that's why they wanted him to go when he was here. How stupid is that, here it is at UM, we havent been in a "big game" of note in the last 15 years, but they wanted the guy gone that could atleast build tge program up to get us their first, and with Miami minded players, you get us to the big game, we really dont need a headcoach cause we fixin to show out at that point anyway. Than they dont want butch davis either, proven guys, lol, im surprised these nerd recruiting sites have had a coaching rankings list on their sites yet, the mob would really think they had a leg to stand on than, see, we lost to Clemson in the ACC championship game, because coach richt is only a 3 star(headcoach). But if we win, coach richt got lucky!

**** with all the computer logic. I trust my eye test and that confirmed Diaz was a middle of the road defensive coach and had no experience as a head coach. Should have been enough to have never considered him

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back