Statistically Speaking

Mikeiavelli

F the gaytors
Ok, yes, last night was a debacle to end all debacles.

Whatever could go wrong did. Things in and out of our control all came together.

But, statistically speaking, through week six we have a top 10 total offense and a top 10 total defense.

We also have a team with a vast majority of players who are much more mentally strong than recent years.

I'm not ready to burn it all down yet for the year. This game was an outlier in every way imaginable.

If we come out dead against UNC, then we know the wheels are off. We owe it to the players to be supportive until at least Saturday night.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Seeing Miami have over twice the yardage as GT and still being in a dog fight all game long was wild. Even when we could finally breathe in the fourth quarter, the referees seemingly were determined to keep it close.

98% chance to win with 30 seconds left. Statistical anomaly to lose that game. Wild.

To put it in perspective. My brother asked me before driving to the game if I was nervous. My answer to him was “I’m not nervous about winning the game. I know we’re going to win. I’m nervous about it looking a certain way because of the recruits that will be present, Jeremiah Smith in particular”.

Obviously the game went as it did and the problem is that now in my mind we’re going to find ways to **** the bed and beat ourselves. That’s not what good teams do. Much less the great ones. And the issue is that, I can feel that way as a fan, but the scary part will be that if the team feels that way, we’re going to continue in this everlasting pool of mediocre quick sand.

Whatever could go wrong did. Things in and out of our control all came together.

But, statistically speaking, through week six we have a top 10 total offense and a top 10 total defense.

We also have a team with a vast majority of players who are much more mentally strong than recent years.

I'm not ready to burn it all down yet for the year. This game was an outlier in every way imaginable.

If we come out dead against UNC, then we know the wheels are off. We owe it to the players to be supportive until at least Saturday night.

Go Canes
Agree on most everything you said. But the game wasn’t an outlier when you factor in Mario’s track record. He will drop a game he shouldn’t so it should be expected and the inverse is true as well which is why I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat UNC or FSU.

Advertisement

Go Canes
“Things in and out of our control all came together.”

You realize it was 100% in our control to kneel the ball and shake hands right?

“Things in and out of our control all came together.”

You realize it was 100% in our control to kneel the ball and shake hands right?
Yes in and out of our control. Bad plays by TVD early, bad calls by refs that helped GT in multiple game changing situations. Marios bad call. Giving up 75 yards in 2 plays. Probably lots of other things.

They all compounded. Arguments can be made that it was all a snowball effect and the game shouldn't have been close enough for the no kneel to even be a factor.

Every team and every coach ***** up. Mario ****ed up big time, no doubt.

My point is we are still statically a great team, and from what I've seen a mentally tough team.

I am reserving final judgement at least one week

Also, I do not think we were “looking ahead”. We were prepared for the game to my eyes. QB just threw some bad balls, then rain, then refs ect. We CAN recover. Just have to get to it. No crying, just get back to work.

Advertisement
Are we a 9-3 team or a 7-5 team? UNC/Clemson/UL/BC/UVA/FSU/NCSt- we have 4 wins now. Do we win 5 of 7 or win 3 of 7? The team and staff have to bounce back to beat UNC/Clemson. The end.

Yes in and out of our control. Bad plays by TVD early, bad calls by refs that helped GT in multiple game changing situations. Marios bad call. Giving up 75 yards in 2 plays. Probably lots of other things.

They all compounded. Arguments can be made that it was all a snowball effect and the game shouldn't have been close enough for the no kneel to even be a factor.

Every team and every coach ***** up. Mario ****ed up big time, no doubt.

My point is we are still statically a great team, and from what I've seen a mentally tough team.

I am reserving final judgement at least one week
I was there, I know everything that happened. In the context of your statement, everything is irrelevant when you have the game won and have the chance to walk off the field but choose not too.

Go Canes
I wish stats won games

Go Canes
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Advertisement

Go Canes
Did you just start following this program?

IF we come out dead against UNC? Lmfao.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back