Statistical Matchup vs Syracuse

Dan Sileo JR

Band
Banned
Cuse_vs_Miami_2017.jpg

Direct Link if too small of a picture https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...4437fe05/1508183182619/Cuse_vs_Miami_2017.pdf

I wanna give credit to TheCusian from SyracuseFan.com, not sure if he's the one that made this but he did post it on their site. I'll edit this with credit to the rightful owner if it's not him.

He also mentioned that Syracuse is the most penalized team in the ACC/game.

Advertisement
Oh, so now Syracuse thinks they're gonna brag about being the most penalized team?

Nice try.

202yeah.jpg

Up tempo offenses generate a ton of procedure penalties. I remember people saying the Toledo game would have been much closer if they hadn't committed so many penalties, but it is what it is.

Advertisement
I haven't watched Cuse play but sounds like they are missing most of their secondary. They are terrible against explosive plays, and know Miami has one of the most explosive offenses. Leads me to believe that they are going to give our WRs a HUGE cushion so they don't get beat deep. That bubble screen should be open all day. Imagine last drive against GT for 4 quarters. Hopefully Richt and Rosier take these automatic 4-6 yards at a time and Richt doesn't call more verticals to small WRs that put us in 3rd and long, which is where Cuse seems to do well. Bonus of taking the easy throws is that it should lead to long drives, keeping Cuse off field and preventing them from getting into a rhythm, then they have to play catch up with an out of rhythm offense, leading to INTs. If Richt and Rosier simply take what's given, Miami should steamroll Cuse. If Richt insists on Whipple ball and calling 4 verts on 2nd and 6, we are going to make the game a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

I haven't watched Cuse play but sounds like they are missing most of their secondary. They are terrible against explosive plays, and know Miami has one of the most explosive offenses. Leads me to believe that they are going to give our WRs a HUGE cushion so they don't get beat deep. That bubble screen should be open all day. Imagine last drive against GT for 4 quarters. Hopefully Richt and Rosier take these automatic 4-6 yards at a time and Richt doesn't call more verticals to small WRs that put us in 3rd and long, which is where Cuse seems to do well. Bonus of taking the easy throws is that it should lead to long drives, keeping Cuse off field and preventing them from getting into a rhythm, then they have to play catch up with an out of rhythm offense, leading to INTs. If Richt and Rosier simply take what's given, Miami should steamroll Cuse. If Richt insists on Whipple ball and calling 4 verts on 2nd and 6, we are going to make the game a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

LOL @ Whipple ball. Haven't heard that in a minute.

Syracuse has been sacked 21 times, and given up 48 TFL in just 7 games. That O-line must be BAD. Time for our front 7 to feast!

On top of that, the 'Cuse D doesn't seem to get to the QB, so Rosier should have plenty of time to find open targets.

Advertisement
On top of that, the 'Cuse D doesn't seem to get to the QB, so Rosier should have plenty of time to find open targets.

So we should completely dominate both lines of scrimmage? I like the sound of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we should completely dominate both lines of scrimmage? I like the sound of that.

Yes, that is correct.

I also have Badgely kicking a pair of 75 yard field goals, Michael Irvin II scoring on an 80 yard tight end around, and Feagles pulling it down and housing it on a fake punt run-pass option.

Should be a good game.

Advertisement
You beat lesser teams by dominating the LOS on both sides. I wanna see over 200 yards rushing. On D our DTs need to get in Dungy's face. Rushing up the middle is where you throw off the timing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cuse blitzes a lot. LSU took advantage of it. A banged up secondary with Richards back is bad news for them, but Rosier needsl to be able to identify the blitz.

Clemson ran a ton of curls for some reason and Syracuse sat on it. Screens, bubble screens, and slants to Richards, that flag route to Berrios, and crossing patterns to Langham. We will put up a lot of points and Syracuse will start turning it over.

I've got zero problem winning 35-9 on the strength of 77 bubble screens.

Advertisement
I LOVED that last drive against GT where they just ran the bubble over and over. Felt like Goldens first game against Maryland except I wasn't flipping out about the defense not doing anything.

Advertisement
Back