States that have produced the most draft picks over the past 10 years

Advertisement
Can't the same be said about the states of Texas and Cali?
Both Texas & TCU have made the playoffs recently.

A Florida school hasn't since the inception of the CFB Playoffs.

As for Cali, you could make that argument for USC being that they're the only premier school in the state with any kind of real prestige.

The big Texas schools have been college football’s worst underachievers our entire lifetimes.

Can anybody really deny this?
Other than FSU in the last BCS era title game, there hasn't been a Florida team that's done anything.

At best, you could argue both regions are on equal footing in terms of underachieving. But UF, FSU & Miami haven't done anything in the playoff era.

Both Texas & TCU have made the playoffs recently.

A Florida school hasn't since the inception of the CFB Playoffs.

As for Cali, you could make that argument for USC being that they're the only premier school in the state with any kind of real prestige.
Yeahhh but generally those schools have massively under-achieved. (minus TCU)

USC, UCLA, Texas, TAMU, FSU, UM, UF should all be powerhouses by this logic.

I don't disagree with you, but this situation isn't unique to the state of Florida. Texas and Cali universities haven't been that great either.

Advertisement
Other than FSU in the last BCS era title game, there hasn't been a Florida team that's done anything.

At best, you could argue both regions are on equal footing in terms of underachieving. But UF, FSU & Miami haven't done anything in the playoff era.
I'm talking about our lifetimes. The Texas teams have won 3 national titles since WW2. The Florida teams have won 11 and played in at least 17.

In the playoff era, I agree with you. Florida teams have underachieved and are trending in the wrong direction. I'd say this is one of the biggest problems:

From the past four First Rounds:

Michael Penix (Tampa) - Washington
Dallas Turner (Ft. Lauderdale)- Alabama
Quinyon Mitchell (Williston)- Toledo
Terrion Arnold (Tallahassee)- Alabama
Devon Witherspoon (Pensacola)- Illinois
Jalen Carter (Apopka)- Georgia
Calijah Kancey (Miami)- Pittsburgh
Zay Flowers (Davie)- Boston College
Evan Neal (Okeechobee)- Alabama
Pat Surtain II (Plantation)- Alabama
Mac Jones (Jacksonville)- Alabama
Alex Leatherwood (Pensacola)- Alabama

That's a lot of dudes leaving the state.

Advertisement
Can't the same be said about the states of Texas and Cali?
WORSE but they avoid it like the plague.

Texas got 1000 MILLion kids playing football...supposedly the best high school football ever in america......and a million colleges playing football....yet the great state has 1 **** championship in my lifetime......1...from 1 school. And they predominantly recruit instate so no excuses.

California IS EVEN WORSE AS USC IS THE ONLY RELEVANT football PROGRAM

Advertisement
Back