State of Greentree field

Advertisement
because in florida winter is the dry as **** season. so planting seeds and having blazing sun and no water is a bad combo.
There are these things I use in CA called sprinklers
They are amazing. I can hit a button and they pop up and shoot water out for as long as I want!
đź‘Ť

Roots gotta take first then its established...….so squezw your nuts til then that happens
Sprinklers will sprinkle

Advertisement
george-brown-jr-and-teammates-run-special-team-drills-during-the-day-picture-id825607048

My potent seed has been spread throughout all 3+ acres of Greentree Practice Field's dense undergrowth. It will not be long before that beautiful field is covered in lush, fertile sod, hand-selected by me at my farm off of Krome Avenue in West Kendall.

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases.

If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.

I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed corn that I sell.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
My potent seed has been spread throughout all 3+ acres of Greentree Practice Field's dense undergrowth. It will not be long before that beautiful field is covered in lush, fertile sod, hand-selected by me at my farm off of Krome Avenue in West Kendall.

Use my select seed, and your crop will show resistance to blight and drought and be less susceptible to strain stalk diseases.

If you do not believe me, I will take you to my farm and show you the potency of my seed. Strong, turgid, fattening plants shoot up through the ground in the torrid Florida sun.

Grab the thick base of the stalk in your hand and feel that it is alive and growing larger by the minute. Sweat will shine on your face as you ride my massive tractor around the grounds of my expansive farm.

I will smile down at you as you kneel and gently run your hands through the moist patch of dense growth at my most precious, secret spot—the plot of land where I personally test each and every variety of seed corn that I sell.

Go Canes!
When will the field be ready?

Go Canes!
Am I wrong or have you submitted a sod **** movie script?

I doubt sod will root in the winter.. even down in Miami. If you put it down you gotta keep it wet until the roots grow in and the grass gets established. If you practice on that it will turn into a mud puddle and you'll be re-sodding after spring practice anyway. Seed takes even longer to get established. You'd need consistent daytime temps of above 80 to get the soil warm enough for the seed to germinate.

I doubt sod will root in the winter.. even down in Miami. If you put it down you gotta keep it wet until the roots grow in and the grass gets established. If you practice on that it will turn into a mud puddle and you'll be re-sodding after spring practice anyway. Seed takes even longer to get established. You'd need consistent daytime temps of above 80 to get the soil warm enough for the seed to germinate.
Is that you Bill Nye the Science Guy?

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Advertisement
If we had the offense of last year, that is plenty of grass for offensive and punt practice.

It didn't look like that until the last home basketball game a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked when I pulled into the Ponce parking garage for that game and the grass had been torn out. For whatever reason the timing is vastly different than other years, when the field still looks normal.

We've actually had a sufficiently wet beginning of the year, without a long gap between rainfall. The golf courses I play are still soft and lush. In other recent years the fairways are already hard brown and galloping out by mid March

Advertisement
Back