State License Plates - Out of State Teams

PanteraCanes

Sophomore
Was driving yesterday and saw one of these yesterday. Couldn’t believe they existed.

TN-Tag.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looked like for Tennessee it was an up charge with the money going to the institution.
Yeah that would make sense. Probably money to Tennessee and Alabama in this situation. I’ve seen it before in other states, probably DMV area.

Not trying to call out the mod who changed my title, but why wouldn’t the state allowing advertising and money support going to a rival of the state’s own institution not be considered a tears thread?

Rather interesting supporti another state’s institution with your tax money directly.
It's not really tax dollars. It's not like UM, Bama, UF, etc. is getting a fixed percent of Georgia's budget. If there are UM fans in Georgia, you can pay $50 for the plate and the state gets a cut and the school gets a cut.

Advertisement
Here in Texas they have OOS teams also. To get a college plate added you need to get a certain amount of people to sign up and its an extra yearly fee of $90 for the plate. Sadly no UM but they do have FSU.

Not trying to call out the mod who changed my title, but why wouldn’t the state allowing advertising and money support going to a rival of the state’s own institution not be considered a tears thread?
Totalitarian issues...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was driving yesterday and saw one of these yesterday. Couldn’t believe they existed.

TN-Tag.jpg
You live in tn? I live in Southern Middle Tennessee close to Alabama and all that's here are Alabama and UF fans. I believe you can even buy a fsu plate in Tennessee. My Walmart sells more Alabama clothing than Tennessee Volunteers stuff

I don't see any edit history, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I started it as Vols Tears. So don’t know what happened. I fi since it was different then someone changed it. If I messed up somewhere then I messed up. Though seemed oddly specific.

Advertisement
Back