STA's new football coach

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
After firing Rocco Casullo, STA tried to hire Roger Harriott as their next head coach, but Roger had already committed to taking a job with a friend's company and wouldn't go back on his commitment. So STA's new football coach is Kevin Sullivan, who is a STA alum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How could Golden allow this to happen. Unbelievable...

giphy.gif

Advertisement
After firing Rocco Casullo, STA tried to hire Roger Harriott as their next head coach, but Roger had already committed to taking a job with a friend's company and wouldn't go back on his commitment. So STA's new football coach is Kevin Sullivan, who is a STA alum.

Amazing how buddy just got out the game altogether. (HS coaching that is) No money in coaching down here. If he was in TX, he would be making 75-80k a year just to coach football.

Now my friend is telling me that there is snag with Kevin Sullivan. We'll see what happens.
Let me guess, he wanted to bring in Mike Rotunda as S&C Coach and Rick Steiner to coach LB's?

He wanted to bring in Val Venis as his TE coach and the Archdiocese had a problem with it.
Interesting. I would have been worried if the Rotunda/Steiner thing were true. They would have been trying to start a pipeline to Syracuse and Michigan from STA.

Bonus round of this sidebar: Avalanche for new STA DL Coach. Then again, there's an LSU connection. Maybe not.

Now my friend is telling me that there is snag with Kevin Sullivan. We'll see what happens.
Let me guess, he wanted to bring in Mike Rotunda as S&C Coach and Rick Steiner to coach LB's?

He wanted to bring in Val Venis as his TE coach and the Archdiocese had a problem with it.
Interesting. I would have been worried if the Rotunda/Steiner thing were true. They would have been trying to start a pipeline to Syracuse and Michigan from STA.

Bonus round of this sidebar: Avalanche for new STA DL Coach. Then again, there's an LSU connection. Maybe not.

Special Teams Coach James Hellwig

aewCbzF.gif

Amazing how buddy just got out the game altogether. (HS coaching that is) No money in coaching down here. If he was in TX, he would be making 75-80k a year just to coach football.

It's the reason I stopped up her in Maryland. I was coaching in PG County and we only made $4500 per season. It's not enough to supplement the hours and time you spend. Those who continue to coach I have the utmost respect for. That is not easy!

Advertisement

Some are making $100k in Alabama of all places.

Advertisement
Why couldn't it be Paul Williams? Man this would be a home run for us. IMG can have him. STA can have him. Anyone man.

Did Rocco stop down or was he fired?

Advertisement
Back