Starting QB - When will Richt announce

When should Richt announce that starter for LSU?

I think it is essential for a team to know who the starting qb and leader will be.

Advertisement
There's definitely value in announcing a starter early if someone is clearly the guy, but that ain't the case here. I think most of us are resigned to the idea that Rosier will be the guy (a rare healthy attitude around here) and probably want some news during the dead season. CMR, however, has stated several times that Rosier played worse when he got the sense that there wasn't any competition for his spot. I imagine Richt'll keep the burners turned up underneath the QB job as long as he possibly can. This also provides an opportunity for one of the young guns to make a fall charge and actually win the job.

Richt wouldn't say anyone BUT Rosier at this point. There is zero to gain but a lot to lose by announcing anyone else. Richt wants to win more than anyone, so he wants the best QB in there he can get. He knows Rosier isn't some stud, firmly entrenched as the starter. He also knows the other guys need to be prepared before they can start. He will buy as much time as humanly possible before replacing Rosier with a young guy, giving that young guy even more time to be better prepared. So he will start Rosier, and hope for the best.

Advertisement
Richts has already said Rosier is the starter. If somebody takes it from him that may change. Rosier is the starter.

Advertisement
Rosier will start but someone ,that is the question who, will be ready in a minutes notice to take over if Rosier falters.

Obviously at this point the true mystery is who will be #2 and that is already being debated in another active thread.

20DFE7ED-B776-4CE7-8946-23E25547173C.jpeg

This is the genius that talks shlt to recruits on twitter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't we vote on members being required to have a minimum 250 posts before being able to start a thread?

Advertisement
Back