Starting defense moving forward

The coaches have put themselves in a bad place by making Amari and Zach captains this year. THey're having trouble taking their two defensive captains out of the starting lineup, but its obvious to everyone including the players that they should not be starting

Advertisement

Not good.

Things that stand out on this play....

1.) Did we only have 10 men on the field?.. where was the striker Bc Amari Carter was playing the slot?

2.) Amari Carter looks terrible in space and is the worst open field tackler on the team.

3.) Zach McClouds “ability” to read and react is slower than his speed.

DE: Phillips
DT: Nesta
DT: JHH
DE: Roche
LB: Flagg
LB: Brooks
CB: Blades
CB: Couch
Striker: Frierson
S: Bolden
S: Hall

Get everything else the **** out my face
Disagree with Hunte. He’s better at pass rushing. We need Miller next to Nesta. Also when teams go 3 wr. put Crouch in the slot and take Flagg off.

The one time I noticed Ivey yesterday was him trailing an open receiver that caught the ball and got an easy first down we needed to stop and get off the field. Ivey, in my eyes, is gonna have to do something spectacular to be forgiven for his bull**** last year. I don't like seeing him take plays off.. **** that. Put somebody else in that plays with the urgency our defense needs.

Also havent seen Hall make an impact play all year. Very disappointing. And we all know Amari "Hitman errr I mean Walking Targeting Penalty" Carter is a JAG. 2nd safety spot open in my book.
Could be wrong but quite sure Hall led team in tackles against Pitt

Advertisement
Things that stand out on this play....

1.) Did we only have 10 men on the field?.. where was the striker Bc Amari Carter was playing the slot?

2.) Amari Carter looks terrible in space and is the worst open field tackler on the team.

3.) Zach McClouds “ability” to read and react is slower than his speed.

1. Gil was in the slot on the bottom of the screen. I believe there is a WR on the bottom that you can’t see from any angle cause Espn.

2. Carter doesn’t belong in space at all. He should be a LB/blitzer

3. McCloud needs to be a reserve type guy. His play has dictated that.

It’s Sunday after 10 am and I’m still not sure he has taken a step

Not that I ever coached LBs his age in college before (I have) or kids that are 4 to 6 years old (I have) but the fundamental positioning and footwork for a pass drop in zone and everyone will agree, is step to gap responsibility, then see pass open hips 45 degrees, eyes on QB then to responsibility then back to QB and expand to about 10-15 yards.

If he does this, he at least makes the tackle after the catch. It's a tough assignment, but don't just play feet fire.

The issue with that pass and catch, was the alignment of the DB/Safety here. You could run that play all day long against our defense, and no adjustment will be made.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back