Starting DBs

Advertisement
Well, this is very nice. We are discussing who should start and not really even considering our 2014 recruits. Wow, that is a good thing. Sounds like we actually have a number of guys who can really play. For me, Burns stays right on top of everyone he covers, but lacks a little in the "make the ball his" skill. If he develops better sense of when to turn around and more aggressive ball skills, he should be the best we have seen in many years. I want to see a lot of Dallas back there because I think he will bring lumber to the plays and we have not been delivering pain for a long time. With him, Fig and DP, the middle might again be somewhere others dare not go. The best news is that we are not sitting here saying, "Wait til Hester gets here. Then we might have something!"

Why does everybody hate on Rayshawn Jenkins? Kid was around the ball and showed promise, just was lost at times under a horrible DC

Advertisement
This - no surprises here. I expect to see - Bush, Jenkins, Howard, and Gunter. I think we see a lot of Crawford, Carter, Elder, and Hope.

All will play. Staff refused to sit Highsmith and Rodgers despite being less talented. What makes you think they sit kids with more talent. I expect to see Bush, Jenkins, Carter and Crawford a ton at safety. Howard, Gunter, and Burns will be the top 3 CBs but we will see others like Crawford and Hope in there as well.

I'd be surprised if Jenkins doesn't start. I like the progression of Carter and Crawford, but they;ve got no game experience. Jenkins is our most experienced Safety.

Advertisement
Back