Stanton Truitt

Advertisement
It appears he is injury prone with having had several shoulder injuries, so I would say UM will pass on him as a grad transfer because we need someone that will contribute for the entire season. I think Holmes the WR transferring from ND would be the better grad transfer option.

lLink to article
Stanton Truitt announces Auburn departure in emotional social media post | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

Stanton Truitt announces Auburn departure in emotional social media post

AUBURN, Ala.
Stanton Truitt never found the role he was looking for on the Plains.

The wide receiver turned running back now plans on looking elsewhere for a true opportunity.

Truitt announced his decision to transfer with an emotional note on Twitter a day after Auburn’s 35-19 loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. The third-year sophomore played in the game, but didn’t register any touches.

“I want to thank Auburn for everything it has done for me,” Truitt wrote. “I will always be apart (sic) of the Auburn family. Im blessed to have a degree and got to experience the best fans in college football. Although it’s unfortunate I was not able to show all my talents I have to offer, I promise I enjoyed the many memories with you all and I truly mean that. Ive decided for my last two years of college football i’m going to transfer.”

The coaching staff continually praised the way Truitt adapted to the new position as quickly as he did.

Fellow Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson pleaded with Truitt on social media to “don’t leave me family.”

Truitt was a well-liked presence in the backfield from the minute he stepped into the group’s meeting room.

Last edited:
Auburn can't throw the ball. So they probably have some untapped potential at WR. This dude could be one of those guys.

If we don't get Thomas I can see us going hard at this dude. Harley, Thomas, Truitt. Smaller faster guys we can use in the slot.

I'd rather have Truitt than Harley.

I was going to post the same thing, Auburns pass game is that of 60's Oklahoma.

I saw him play a couple times and his speed jumped off the screen....very explosive. I can't remember the team but he had a couple td's , when he hit the open field it was over.

Imo he's a definite take and instant contributer. It would be the dangerous return guy we've been missing.

It appears he is injury prone with having had several shoulder injuries, so I would say UM will pass on him as a grad transfer because we need someone that will contribute for the entire season. I think Holmes the WR transferring from ND would be the better grad transfer option.

lLink to article
Stanton Truitt announces Auburn departure in emotional social media post | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

AUBURN, Ala.

The wide receiver turned running back now plans on looking elsewhere for a true opportunity.

Truitt announced his decision to transfer with an emotional note on Twitter a day after Auburn’s 35-19 loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. The third-year sophomore played in the game, but didn’t register any touches.

“I want to thank Auburn for everything it has done for me,” Truitt wrote. “I will always be apart (sic) of the Auburn family. Im blessed to have a degree and got to experience the best fans in college football. Although it’s unfortunate I was not able to show all my talents I have to offer, I promise I enjoyed the many memories with you all and I truly mean that. Ive decided for my last two years of college football i’m going to transfer.”

The coaching staff continually praised the way Truitt adapted to the new position as quickly as he did.

Fellow Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson pleaded with Truitt on social media to “don’t leave me family.”

Truitt was a well-liked presence in the backfield from the minute he stepped into the group’s meeting room.

He had two shoulder injuries and was relatively healthy this year. Dude was playing out of position in a dominant run offense. I'll take him over Holmes who's HS film looks pedestrian. Add into the fact that Holmes has 12 career catches at Notre Dame shows he's not exactly productive. I'll take Truitt over Holmes.

Advertisement

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

He had two shoulder injuries and was relatively healthy this year. Dude was playing out of position in a dominant run offense. I'll take him over Holmes who's HS film looks pedestrian. Add into the fact that Holmes has 12 career catches at Notre Dame shows he's not exactly productive. I'll take Truitt over Holmes.

Truitt over Holmes easily. Not even close. Truitt speed translates to the ball field. He'd be a great take.

Auburn can't throw the ball. So they probably have some untapped potential at WR. This dude could be one of those guys.

If we don't get Thomas I can see us going hard at this dude. Harley, Thomas, Truitt. Smaller faster guys we can use in the slot.

I'd rather have Truitt than Harley.
. We need speed force lbs out of the box by covering kids like this

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

Definitely a take over Holmes

Auburn is just below UF in wasting wr/rbs because they have many guys like Truitt aand never use them well as athletes they basically pound the rock 40 times and pray they can get 1 big pass a game so this kid can be a sleeper

Advertisement

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

Truit had 9 catches for 122 yds in his time at Auburn!

Link to Truit stats
Stanton Truitt, Auburn, Wide Receiver

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

Link to Truit stats

Have you seen Aub qb and passing game ? They literally run the power I from the gun

Advertisement
Take the kid if only to return Kicks. Not sure how Miami has a speed problem. But, we do. Fix it, please.

He would have to sit a year. No thanks, we need WR's that can play right now, and we should be able to recruit a better WR than this kid in the 2018 class.

He is a graduate transfer.......does not have to sit 1 year ......can play asap......

That's good, however I still say no thanks on both him and Holmes. I don't want to tie up 2 scholarships for 2 years on guys who haven't done anything at the collegiate level.

Advertisement
At the very least it will be huge up grade with this guy and the track star at kick and punt returner

He would have to sit a year. No thanks, we need WR's that can play right now, and we should be able to recruit a better WR than this kid in the 2018 class.

giphy.jpg

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

Link to Truit stats

Yeah, in a run-heavy offense. Does ND run the ball as much as Auburn? That's the same thing as nit picking at a receiver's stats who plays for Ga Tech.

Good counter.

lLink to article

AUBURN, Ala.

Link to Truit stats

Have you seen Aub qb and passing game ? They literally run the power I from the gun

Paranos is once again reaching.

Advertisement
Back