Staff reorganization needed........... if nothing else

frostycane

Junior
So I spent a bit of time looking over coach BIOs at the University site. I realized we are pretty Green and we hand out job titles that make it confusing to read let alone play under. I can only imagine what its like having two offensive coordinators and a head coach that has said himself that he is the OC. No wonder the offense is a mess, so are the job titles! I think we need to do some house keeping:

HC: Richt ( I don't care if you want to call plays, you have to admit that you need some support in offensive philosophy. You look lost)
OC: Creative mind needed
OL: Wouldnt be opposed to a change here, but I would work with Searles
QB: Anyone but Lil Richt. Dorsey would be welcomed with open arms.
WR: Dugans (continue to pay the man whatever you have to, but no longer co OC)
RB: Brown ( same as dugans)
TE: Hartley (also recruiting coordinator)
DC: Diaz (add assistant HC to pay him enough to keep him around)
DL: Simpson
DB: Banda/Rumph (dont care how you want to word it, I can justify keeping them around) We could also go in a different direction here and I would not mind.
ST: Guru needed, (Al Golden??? you cant deny he can find guys to kick a football, (O'Donnell, Vogel, Badgely, Goudis) complete sarcasm here as I hate that man, I am just desperate...lol

I don't care what we do with Patke, but we have too **** many shared duties on this team as its constructed. Diaz has Carte blanche as far as I am concerned. He is aggressive and we need an offense to compliment that. I want an OC that wants to embarrass the other team every week!

I don't even know how many coaches we get, but I do know we are too discombobulated on the Offensive side of the ball. We need someone to head that up. We need an Identity if nothing else. You can't go from a power I to a spread team two plays in a row. You are either a spread team or a Power team. Which is it? And stop trying to make college kids into pro QBs. Make it easier since you cant seem to find a qb to run your offense, maybe its the offense.

What say you? Who goes who stays at this point?

Advertisement
I don’t think there’s much crossover in terms of responsibility in practical terms. Those co titles are just for prestige and money. We know richt is the OC, and Donk and brown handle their position groups.

Searles and lil Recht need to go. We need a new OC and special teams coordinator. I’m ******* thrilled if we start there.

Truly we only need OC, QB, OL, and ST coaches. It would be a bonus if the QB coach could also coach OC.

The ones that don’t belong are Richt Jr, Sears (for his bankrupt OL), and Hartley as ST coach.

Our TEs are fine, and I like what Hartley brings there. The lack of QB development, lack of OL play, and lack of offensive adjustments are killing this team.

If Richt stops living in “Paradise” & come to the realization that his play calling needs help, his son can’t coach up QBs, his OL is str8 trash, and his ST is lacking, we’ll be alright.

However; I have 0 faith in any of that.

QB/OC is desperately needed. ST (although I doubt we hire someone specifically for it) would also be nice.

Everything after that is just gravy.

I didn’t like the patke hire but he’s done a good job

He should be helping w special teams too bc Hartley has too much on his plate

I would not tinker w defense though. Any

Ideally you hire an OC-QB coach after getting rid of jr

Advertisement
Assistants are green, because Miami unwilling or unable to put up the green $$$

So I spent a bit of time looking over coach BIOs at the University site. I realized we are pretty Green and we hand out job titles that make it confusing to read let alone play under. I can only imagine what its like having two offensive coordinators and a head coach that has said himself that he is the OC. No wonder the offense is a mess, so are the job titles! I think we need to do some house keeping:

HC: Richt ( I don't care if you want to call plays, you have to admit that you need some support in offensive philosophy. You look lost)
OC: Creative mind needed
OL: Wouldnt be opposed to a change here, but I would work with Searles
QB: Anyone but Lil Richt. Dorsey would be welcomed with open arms.
WR: Dugans (continue to pay the man whatever you have to, but no longer co OC)
RB: Brown ( same as dugans)
DC: Diaz (add assistant HC to pay him enough to keep him around)
DL: Simpson
DB: Banda/Rumph (dont care how you want to word it, I can justify keeping them around) We could also go in a different direction here and I would not mind.
ST: Guru needed, (Al Golden??? you cant deny he can find guys to kick a football, (O'Donnell, Vogel, Badgely, Goudis) complete sarcasm here as I hate that man, I am just desperate...lol

I don't care what we do with Patke, but we have too **** many shared duties on this team as its constructed. Diaz has Carte blanche as far as I am concerned. He is aggressive and we need an offense to compliment that. I want an OC that wants to embarrass the other team every week!

I don't even know how many coaches we get, but I do know we are too discombobulated on the Offensive side of the ball. We need someone to head that up. We need an Identity if nothing else. You can't go from a power I to a spread team two plays in a row. You are either a spread team or a Power team. Which is it? And stop trying to make college kids into pro QBs. Make it easier since you cant seem to find a qb to run your offense, maybe its the offense.

What say you? Who goes who stays at this point?

Searles needs to hit the Miami turnpike after the season ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same goes with Junior. Albeit I doubt either one will be given their pink slip. Oh, that sounds so ***.:youre-nuts:

#BringBackGolden

Posted this in another thread, but reposting here. You might be onto something.

Golden actually attempted to fix the problems.

1. Recuiting- Flopsweat Golden had the foresight to hire Cristobal to be his monster recruiter in the 305 (and improve OL play). Cristobal bailed. What could have been.
Edge: Richt
2. OL- Cristobal would have helped here too, OL play was better than it is now.
Edge: Golden
3. OC- Golden actually lost an OC to the NFL because he was so good
4. WR: both had quality WRs
Edge: Even
5. RB: Duke was one of my favorites. Both coaches had good RBs.
6. TE: Golden had several go to the NFL, Richt is TBD, but current TEs are legit.
7. QB: Rick still using Golden QBs .
8. Defense: If Golden had fired D'No and brought in a real DC, things would have been much different. Still, Diaz is better.
Edge: Richt
9. Special Teams: Golden by a country mile. ST now are bootycheeks and I expect a disaster every time they are on the field.

Golden wins the coaching showdown 4-2.

Advertisement
Admittedly I started this knowing no one is getting canned. But I think most of us seem to be on the same page. STs are an epic abortion. As is QB play. OL also sucks. Lol

OC: Termination is a must
OL: Termination is a must
QB: Should not be here and termination is a must
WR: Dugans Pay the man
RB: Brown We need a real OC so he Brown is expendable
DC: Diaz pay the man
DL: Simpson Pay the man
DB: Banda/Rumph are explenable and beyond replaceable
ST: Guru is needed

Patke is a joke and shouldn't be here

Advertisement
Back