Staff Chemistry??

This cat has been slowly being pulled out the bag so we should just have at it.
There have been too many inconsistencies about recruiting and one person seems to have been always around the crime scene.
From Kool to rumph to Simpson all the praise has gone to Banda while the stank has been thrown at everyone else.
Best dline coach in cfb? Cant recruit
Former national champion alumni and nfl first round pick, high school state champ coach, grew up in sofla?
Cant recruit.
Most repsected high school coach and arguably the most successful in Georgia history and did it while also coaching dline?
Cant recruit.

Caneville had a video saying he took credit to dudes he did t recruit and did it while he was still on staff.

I defended that dude but hearing he didn’t want to listen to the goat??!!!!
It all makes sense to me now and what people that are connected to the program have alluded too.
I don’t think I heard anything coming from Manny wishing Banda success with his promotion to a new team. Maybe there was but I don’t recall seeing it. Did you? Sometimes silence can be very telling.

Advertisement
I’m not saying everything was his fault.
But there has been too much controversy around him To just let it slide.
We kept hammering away on how every brand new offensive coaching staff kept running circles around a defensive staff that had been here for years.
Everyone wanted him fired until Tae and then kept giving him credit for dudes all over the field.
We’re not really talking about just the recruiting aspect. We’re talking about chemistry and it seemed like he was rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.
I was only commenting on tje recruiting point. I’ve already commented on the political and cultural stuff elsewhere.

This cat has been slowly being pulled out the bag so we should just have at it.
There have been too many inconsistencies about recruiting and one person seems to have been always around the crime scene.
From Kool to rumph to Simpson all the praise has gone to Banda while the stank has been thrown at everyone else.
Best dline coach in cfb? Cant recruit
Former national champion alumni and nfl first round pick, high school state champ coach, grew up in sofla?
Cant recruit.
Most repsected high school coach and arguably the most successful in Georgia history and did it while also coaching dline?
Cant recruit.

Caneville had a video saying he took credit to dudes he did t recruit and did it while he was still on staff.

I defended that dude but hearing he didn’t want to listen to the goat??!!!!
It all makes sense to me now and what people that are connected to the program have alluded too.
Tried telling everyone....as did @dsddcane a hundred times...The level of stupidity in ref to our staff is laughable....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got it, you’re saying before he committed to both schools. He would’ve flipped later anyways. If he flipped to Bama from OSU, same would’ve happened with us.
That’s the part where I was like mmmm. You may be right on that part but his dad says otherwise. What I did get from that was that he mentioned the whole process was garbage and how Manny n Banda dropped the ball on him and so many other recruits. I think they were also mentioning the failure of James Wiggins how he should’ve been a Cane. That’s before I started following recruiting so idk what happened with that.

as long as our third down spontaneous enthusiasm rate is at least 94.6, no staff chemistry issues to see here

Advertisement
That’s the part where I was like mmmm. You may be right on that part but his dad says otherwise. What I did get from that was that he mentioned the whole process was garbage and how Manny n Banda dropped the ball on him and so many other recruits. I think they were also mentioning the failure of James Wiggins how he should’ve been a Cane. That’s before I started following recruiting so idk what happened with that.
Wiggins was a Golden recruit. New staff dropped him not too far before signing day.

Advertisement
Did recruiting get lazy after Butch Davis left... and why is our program not prestigious anymore????
It stayed low-tech while other programs drastically stepped up their game.

Coker relied on recruiting websites.

Shannon reportedly relied on a few high schools and damaged relationships with other schools.

That's 2003 - 2010. I'll give Al Golden credit in taking steps to modernize our recruiting approach, but by that point we were years behind the work that Florida, Ohio State, Alabama...even Rutgers was doing.

He definitely found some gems. But the bottom of his classes used to be filled with some awful talent as well.
Al Golden found himself in a similar - but even worse situation - than Manny Diaz did in Dec 2018. Golden's incoming 2011 class was decimated with decommitments, and he had to scramble to find players to fill it out. Hence the flyers that he took. 2012 had a strong top to it, but we'd suffered so much attrition and we were still under the prospect of an NCAA death penalty at the time that he took some additional flyers.

Diaz had the transfer portal in 2019 to fill out the remaining spaces in his signing class. Golden did not - at least not in its present form.

Advertisement
Back