Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
I'm really not thrilled with Applewhite, especially talking with friends at Houston/Texas. Hopefully he runs the playbooks of Briles/Herman, because one of my friends described his offense as "the Alabama caveman offense".

You should stop talking to your friends or go get some that know what the fvck they are talking about....Go look at Houston when he was OC.....looked nothing like Alabama

That said not to thrilled with the hire

Advertisement
Wasn't it Applewhite who made buddy take the jacket off cuz he decided to sit the game out?

Just read an article about incident. Apparently Oliver was ready to play given he was goofing around running wr drills in pregame. He was supposed to be sitting out due to injury. Apple got p1ssed.

Then you realize who the DC was so can't fault Oliver either.

When he was at Houston, he was running Herman's system. Literally why I said that I hope he learned from Herman / Briles and is using more of their concepts. His previous stops as OC were terrible.

Advertisement
If we get the Buffalo kid tho, it's gonna be a problem for opponents. Big time.

I also hope Jarren is hitting the weight room bc if he gets the starting nod he's gonna be asked to do a lot of running in Applewhites system.

Dont think the kid from Buffalo is that much of a runner...I know he is big but is he a runner?

Advertisement
When he was at Houston, he was running Herman's system. Literally why I said that I hope he learned from Herman / Briles and is using more of their concepts. His previous stops as OC were terrible.
He did, Herman taught him his offense which is what he used in 2015 and 2016. I’m more than okay with the system he had at houston in those years but before that I’m not fond of what he did at Texas like that but coaches evolve. Being around Herman definitely elevated his playcalling abilities

If we scored 28 points per game this year we're 11-1. Defense still wins championships. Big offenses matter but if we stay at the level we are playing at defensively we will be in Charlotte annually
That’s assuming we scored 28 in every game. It doesn’t work that way. And our D will likely tumble next year. Losing most of our best players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back