Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Who else would you guys choose? Knowing that Manny is smart and has taken every step to ensure we get the right guy (Fedora is best option realistically in country and we went for him )

Bedenbaugh all day. God**** ridiculous he isn't getting the call. Riley reupped so 3 more years of not calling plays. Every candidate has warts, Fedora might be Rick in terms of his touch as OC, Applebees is a douche. Bedenbaugh fixes OL and recruiting OL, plus knows the Oklahoma offense inside and out. Way, way, way higher ceiling than the other two.

Advertisement
We aren’t hiring him as a head coach

Downplay it all you want, but hiring Donofrio was a sign of one of two things: (1) extreme naivete, or (2) someone who didn’t give due diligence to an extremely important decision. Perhaps it was just an out of character miss. It’s scary either way. D’onofrio had absolutely no business taking that position after what happened at Miami.

There's dozens & dozens of Uptempo Spread play callers in college football, why is Applewhite the only one we're considering? And does anybody else find it weird that NO other team is even talking to Applewhite?...

Not trying to bhitch & complain, I really like the hire of Blake Baker as DC, like Hester as the potential S&C as well, I even like some of the names being throw out for RB & WR coach from a recruiting standpoint, I just don't get this Applewhite thing.

I'm willing to give it a chance & see how it works out, but there's some real skepticism on my part with Apple. And you don't have to propagandize me with spin, I know he called plays under Herman but that doesn't convince me. They booted his *** outta there as soon as they could, that's a red flag imo.

Hopefully he does a great job here though.

In all fairness, he was fired 3 days ago somewhat unexpectedly. How many schools are really in the market for an OC right now besides us? WVU doesn't have a coach at the moment. Ole Miss just hired someone. I guess Oklahoma State just lost theirs to Ohio St. I don't know if he will work out or not, but I am not sure that is a fair argument against him.

Advertisement
Downplay it all you want, but hiring Donofrio was a sign of one of two things: (1) extreme naivete, or (2) someone who didn’t give due diligence to an extremely important decision. Perhaps it was just an out of character miss. It’s scary either way. D’onofrio had absolutely no business taking that position after what happened at Miami.
and what does hiring Kendall briles say?

Alright well Manny, you have 3 more hires to make us believe. If you go on and hire a HS coach over a much more qualified candidate, i swear

U and everyone else should know I dont believe this staff to be the answer, willing to wait I have no choice

Your right, neither do I and I'm not willing to renew the season tickets this year. Nope nope nope, not doing it! Blake can find another group of 6 that will invest. We will buy back in once I see the product in 2019 IDGAF about price increases.

I love how everyone on here thinks that just because they haven't heard of any other candidate besides the supposed "Top 3" that nobody else has been contacted. Clearly Fedora and Applewhite were the top targets, but that doesn't mean Manny didn't call other guys to see if they had any interest. It also sounds like coaches were reaching out to let Manny know they were interested, but if it doesn't reach the public, then you all assume it just didn't happen.

I know it's a board with a bunch of crazy motherfückers on it, but try to keep some perspective!

....carry on

Advertisement

I think its a little of both those two points... dude just figured oh MIAMI that means aggressive attacking defense... and proceed to not follow up and watch any **** game film lol

How anyone like Applewhite who knows offensive football can look at those defense from any game and not say **** that's awful I would shred that **** up

what about Fedora refusing to fire his OC after being ranked 85th and 102nd in 2017 and 2018?

Advertisement
I have to ask, but why is Jedd Fisch not getting consideration? Our players were always WIDE open. I hated his QB recruiting, but if he is just responsible for calling plays, hes an A+ hire.

You are saying first year coach, we just come off from having a senile coach who was showing an onset of Alzheimer’s probably. Richt made a litany dumb decisions in games and the way he operated the offense like chewing the clock when we were down and all that bullsh*t was far worse than first year head coach tactics...

Same defensive scheme but a much MUCH more explosive offense. let’s be real Diaz is going to be very involved in the gameplanning,

Listen, I am not one to walk in on a bukkake party and stop everyone's fun...but I don't see anything that is going on at this school right now that says Miami will be better than their usual 8-win-ish selves as they've been for over the past decade. There will be a time and place for a real breakdown, but its not while everyones getting their strokes in and going bananas over every tweet by Pedro and Manny while fantasy booking the Manny Diaz era of Miami football.

I ain't sipping this KoolAid...there can be a good discussion on the topic later, but its not while everyone's splooging over fantasy booked hires to a staff that doesn't exist yet.

Too many coaches on this board. Second or third choice head coaches do also pan out guys. Ask JJ and the gawd Butch. So calm down. In fact I approve a coach that is underwhelmed on this board because it tells me that that coach will pan out. So if it's Applewhite per El Jeje, let's role.

Advertisement
Your right, neither do I and I'm not willing to renew the season tickets this year. Nope nope nope, not doing it! Blake can find another group of 6 that will invest. We will buy back in once I see the product in 2019 IDGAF about price increases.
Im on wait and see, but I do enjoy the staff overhaul but im not confident like others until results. The last 4 coaches ruined me

OpulentPopularCygnet-small.gif

I don't think we even have to be so analytical, hiring Donuts was a sign of voracious mental incontinence and mild retardation. Considering the average IQ on this board is probably around 103, yet not a single person here would have been of such poverty-intellect to make that hire, speaks volumes.

Listen, I am not one to walk in on a bukkake party and stop everyone's fun...but I don't see anything that is going on at this school right now that says Miami will be better than their usual 8-win-ish selves as they've been for over the past decade. There will be a time and place for a real breakdown, but its not while everyones getting their strokes in and going bananas over every tweet by Pedro and Manny while fantasy booking the Manny Diaz era of Miami football.

I ain't sipping this KoolAid...there can be a good discussion on the topic later, but its not while everyone's splooging over fantasy booked hires to a staff that doesn't exist yet.
I feel you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just glad miami is getting a modern offense and a passionate coach running the program with Diaz

Advertisement
Back