Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article
I'm not so dismissive of Coley as others are. Remember, he was micro managed by Golden last time around (then Scott), and for all his faults, he got the ball to our play makers consistently. He's never run the offense he's truly wanted to.

He also is an ace QB evaluator and developer.

I like him more than Applewhite tbh.

who exactly did coley develop as qb? he's only been qb coach at uga for this year and fromm was already good. when he was here, morris regressed in his only season under him and the jury is out on whether he actually developed kaaya or if that was talent that was already there. he didn't coach qb's at fsu and had a year as qb coach at fiu. so outside of his stint at miami, he has exactly 2 years as a college qb coach.

Advertisement
Fedora needs to be the hire. Unless he gets a HC job it's inexcusable to settle for anyone less.

We need to make a splash. We need to be taken seriously again.

For once please, UM don't settle.

Advertisement
Fedora needs to be the hire. Unless he gets a HC job it's inexcusable to settle for anyone less.

We need to make a splash. We need to be taken seriously again.

For once please, UM don't settle.
There is a third option too that Miami makes him a great offer and he decides to not coach anywhere again this year. Of course people will the. Assume Miami cheaped our without actual info.

Fedora, Coleyas QB coach and Seider would be amazing for the offensive staff but that’s more of a pipe dream trying to lure Coley away from Georgia if it’s not for full OC.

Whoever is calling for Coley as an OC should be "band" (WEZ) for life. He couldn't adjust, he was outwitted after his first 20 scripted plays. He sucks as an OC.

Manny Diaz represents excitement, youth, innovation and the OC should go to someone that recognizes what Manny did on the D side of the ball and the potential that he can translate that success to the O. Coley would be a disastrous hire, a la Randy Shannon hiring Patrick Nix because he couldn't attract anyone else.

Yearby halfback pass in the snow with a glove on down 20-14 in the Sun Bowl. GTFOH

Advertisement
I'm not so dismissive of Coley as others are. Remember, he was micro managed by Golden last time around (then Scott), and for all his faults, he got the ball to our play makers consistently. He's never run the offense he's truly wanted to.

He also is an ace QB evaluator and developer.

I like him more than Applewhite tbh.

Golden was fired by the time the HB pass in the snow play was executed in the Sun Bowl.

He's an immense upgrade over what Richt is now. But he's nowhere near the impact Fedora would have. Coley would be settling.

Give me

OC - Fedora
OL - Whoever Fedora wants
RB - Seider
QB - Coley
WR - TBD
TE - TBD

Advertisement
Seeing some chatter that David Cooney will be bumped up to WR coach.

was at coral gables when he was there he would be my sub sometimes... he is a moron.. as well as being the OC at the time his receivers only ran bubble screens

Advertisement
There is a third option too that Miami makes him a great offer and he decides to not coach anywhere again this year. Of course people will the. Assume Miami cheaped our without actual info.

Manny need to convince him that calling plays for Miami is going to get him better offers than sitting out a year. That shouldn't be a tough sell.

Just show him how sitting out and letting your resume speak for itself has worked for Les Miles.

Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason, so he's truly looking for a place that's the right fit.

The other name I’ve heard thrown around is former Miami OC and current Georgia co-OC James Coley. At least one current staffer is pushing for Coley to get the job. I’m told Manny is absolutely out to make a splash with the hire and is thinking big. For this reason, if Miami can’t come to terms with Fedora, I’d expect other names to emerge first before Coley becomes a leading candidate.

Since Manny won’t settle for anyone too green, if Louisville QB coach Frank Ponce joins the staff, I’m told it would be in the same capacity, not as OC.

For RB coach, I can confirm Miami’s top target is Penn State RB coach Ja’Juan Seider, and there’s mutual interest coming from both sides. The biggest issue is going to be coming to an agreeable figure on the financial side. This is in the early stages so still a lot developing here.

So if we miss on Fedora we get Justin Fields and James Coley?

Whoever is calling for Coley as an OC should be "band" (WEZ) for life. He couldn't adjust, he was outwitted after his first 20 scripted plays. He sucks as an OC.

Manny Diaz represents excitement, youth, innovation and the OC should go to someone that recognizes what Manny did on the D side of the ball and the potential that he can translate that success to the O. Coley would be a disastrous hire, a la Randy Shannon hiring Patrick Nix because he couldn't attract anyone else.

Yearby halfback pass in the snow with a glove on down 20-14 in the Sun Bowl. GTFOH
All of this. I'm hopeful that Manny is smart enough to not be seriously considering Coley for OC.

Advertisement
Back