Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article
One thing to be wary about Fedora is a HUGE reason he got fired and UNC went with Brown is because he ****ed off all of the NC high school football coaches. NC State was cleaning shop in recruiting, which should never happen since 90% of the state are UNC fans, till Brown came aboard. Doing the same thing to Florida high schools is career suicide at Miami.

Facts don’t back that up at all. Unc had a better recruiting class than nc state every year LF was there and last year was probably their best recruiting class and it was made up of a lot of instate kids. This narrative that he ****ed off coaches is like an urban legend that people just repeat without actually doing anything to see if it’s true.

Advertisement
Facts don’t back that up at all. Unc had a better recruiting class than nc state every year LF was there and last year was probably their best recruiting class and it was made up of a lot of instate kids. This narrative that he ****ed off coaches is like an urban legend that people just repeat without actually doing anything to see if it’s true.

Nah fam. I live in NC and have connections all over the state. He ****ed off a lot of high school coaches. Go look at Fedora’s classes. Lots of guys from outside NC make up those better classes, while State and Duke focused more instate. Which is fine. Just can’t repeat that going out of state thing in Florida.

Nah fam. I live in NC and have connections all over the state. He ****ed off a lot of high school coaches. Go look at Fedora’s classes. Lots of guys from outside NC make up those better classes, while State and Duke focused more instate. Which is fine. Just can’t repeat that going out of state thing in Florida.

If he goes out of state here will be for qbs and probably o linemen.
He knows skill position players are here in abundance.

I'm not so dismissive of Coley as others are. Remember, he was micro managed by Golden last time around (then Scott), and for all his faults, he got the ball to our play makers consistently. He's never run the offense he's truly wanted to.

He also is an ace QB evaluator and developer.

I like him more than Applewhite tbh.

One thing to be wary about Fedora is a HUGE reason he got fired and UNC went with Brown is because he ****ed off all of the NC high school football coaches. NC State was cleaning shop in recruiting, which should never happen since 90% of the state are UNC fans, till Brown came aboard. Doing the same thing to Florida high schools is career suicide at Miami.

As the OC he won't be heavy into recruiting except for QB and maybe some select studs.

Advertisement
I'm not so dismissive of Coley as others are. Remember, he was micro managed by Golden last time around (then Scott), and for all his faults, he got the ball to our play makers consistently. He's never run the offense he's truly wanted to.

Applewhite is ****.

Coley isn’t exactly a splash hire considering we’ve had him before.

So boring.

Why can’t we bring in legit coordinators? Is it so difficult?

You could throw a rock in the big 12 and hit an OC that would kill it at Miami. Just grab one ffs.

As the OC he won't be heavy into recruiting except for QB and maybe some select studs.

Probably right. Again just something to mention. He's still my top choice. You give that man a solid quarterback and his team will average 35+ a game.

They did also have an absurd number of injuries and suspensions. Again, I think that *as an offensive coordinator, not a head coach* the on-field results we'd see from him would speak for themselves and we wouldn't necessarily need him to go blow smoke up the a$$es of the crummy HS coaches we have around here.

I don't want Fedora as a head coach or even a recruiter. I want him coming up with game plans and calling our plays.

Advertisement

Coley recruited Kaaya and Rosier... yeah he is ace evaluator

Advertisement
The offense wasn't necessarily the overall problem in the Coley years, but as I remember it, I never really felt like there was a lot of rhyme or reason to what he was doing......it felt to me like we had a kid dialing up calls on his PlayStation.

Advertisement
Getting Seider would help a ton. Hope we make the hire. Bring me MAR this cycle and Don Chaney + Kendall Milton next cycle. OMG that’s an explosive backfield

Advertisement
Back