Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article
Why are you guys so excited about Ponce? What has he done from a coaching and recruiting standpoint to warrant such excitement? I want to be convinced on him. Make the case.

Personally, I’d target a bunch of proven dogs like Seider, Martin, and even see if Coley would be willing to come home to be a QB coach. I’d fill the staff with a couple technicians and a ton of trail dogs.

Advertisement
Seider to me seems like a pipedream because of the money he is making. But Manny maybe just wants that one guy on the staff who is a recruiting ace who he is willing to pay a lot for.

Thomas Brown (600K) was making more than Seider.

Assuming the info online is correct.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Down to 3 finalists for the OC job. One more defensive hire will be made. Emphasized we need a good OC and QB coach. All things from Manny at the presser

Why are you guys so excited about Ponce? What has he done from a coaching and recruiting standpoint to warrant such excitement? I want to be convinced on him. Make the case.

Personally, I’d target a bunch of proven dogs like Seider, Martin, and even see if Coley would be willing to come home to be a QB coach. I’d fill the staff with a couple technicians and a ton of trail dogs.

I think Ponce has an immense amount of potential. As an NC guy I got to watch his App State quarterbacks since he moved there and they all have shown incredible strides under Ponce. Taylor Lamb in particular. Guys without much talent that still put up monster numbers and looked like savvy college quarterbacks. Hopefully his ties to the area would make him an excellent recruiter here, but we also hardly stay in Miami for a QB. If you can fill the rest of the staff with guys like Seider I wouldn't mind Ponce at all.

Seider to me seems like a pipedream because of the money he is making. But Manny maybe just wants that one guy on the staff who is a recruiting ace who he is willing to pay a lot for.
What? We paid Bizarro Tomlin $600k to call players cancers. We can pay Seider whatever we need to pay him. Plus, I’m sure he did love to come back home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing to be wary about Fedora is a HUGE reason he got fired and UNC went with Brown is because he ****ed off all of the NC high school football coaches. NC State was cleaning shop in recruiting, which should never happen since 90% of the state are UNC fans, till Brown came aboard. Doing the same thing to Florida high schools is career suicide at Miami.

Advertisement
Back