Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article
Advertisement
First of all, it was the Joe Rose show not Hockman. I think it’s a big deal and not semantics when someone says that WQAM just stated these coaches were let go can anyone confirm. It was clearly fake news from you.

Listening comprehension and sentence structure matters to me. It clearly doesn’t matter to you. There may be some on here that want accurate information. My post was for them so feel free to ignore.

Who is the guy with Rose in the am if it isn’t Hockman? Does Rose do the show by himself so I’ll ask again what did Rose’s counterpart say Einstein since you heard about it “in the car”? Your utter lack of comprehension by failing to answer a basic question raises serious doubts in your ability to evaluate others’ comprehension skills.

LOL having fun with this guy..

I REALLY like the Seider, Fedora combo. I just don't see it with Ponce yet. Could he be a good coach? Its possible. We just don't know. But after the Jon fiasco, we really need an established QB coach with a proven track record of developing QBs. Its too important of a position to give an up and comer his shot, especially right now.

Is Applewhite an OC candidate only or is he an option as QB coach? Probably asking for a little too much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gimme coley as a TE coach or ST, not going to happen, but would be nice to have him on staff for his recruiting.

Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason, so he's truly looking for a place that's the right fit.

The other name I’ve heard thrown around is former Miami OC and current Georgia co-OC James Coley. At least one current staffer is pushing for Coley to get the job. I’m told Manny is absolutely out to make a splash with the hire and is thinking big. For this reason, if Miami can’t come to terms with Fedora, I’d expect other names to emerge first before Coley becomes a leading candidate.

Since Manny won’t settle for anyone too green, if Louisville QB coach Frank Ponce joins the staff, I’m told it would be in the same capacity, not as OC.

For RB coach, I can confirm Miami’s top target is Penn State RB coach Ja’Juan Seider, and there’s mutual interest coming from both sides. The biggest issue is going to be coming to an agreeable figure on the financial side. This is in the early stages so still a lot developing here.

And what "staffer" could possibly justify adding Coley as the OC?
Is that a Hecht staffer or a CIS staffer?

Heard any rumblings on OL or S&C? I'll take old ghost stories at this point. My favorite two hires to watch. Just don't know Manny's connects with those two. @Stefan Adams

Advertisement
Coley does not say innovator, creative and aggressive. He runs an entirely different Offense than Fedora. This would be a massive fail.

Fedora isnt really an innovator, he mainly runs no huddle quick spread rpo or read offense. Hes just a good play caller. Remember when James Coley was here that was when people thought Brad Kayaa was the best QB in the country. Looking back on it he really was a much better OC than we ever gave credit for. It was very obvious how much our QB play dropped when he left.

Advertisement
Slow down posters. Suggest you temper your enthusiasm regarding recent developments. Let us see what the final staff looks like and then feel free to evaluate it. As of now everything is speculation.

Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason, so he's truly looking for a place that's the right fit.

The other name I’ve heard thrown around is former Miami OC and current Georgia co-OC James Coley. At least one current staffer is pushing for Coley to get the job. I’m told Manny is absolutely out to make a splash with the hire and is thinking big. For this reason, if Miami can’t come to terms with Fedora, I’d expect other names to emerge first before Coley becomes a leading candidate.

Since Manny won’t settle for anyone too green, if Louisville QB coach Frank Ponce joins the staff, I’m told it would be in the same capacity, not as OC.

For RB coach, I can confirm Miami’s top target is Penn State RB coach Ja’Juan Seider, and there’s mutual interest coming from both sides. The biggest issue is going to be coming to an agreeable figure on the financial side. This is in the early stages so still a lot developing here.

Anything on Applewhite?

Advertisement
Back