Staff Changes - 1/2 AM Update

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason, so he's truly looking for a place that's the right fit.

The other name I’ve heard thrown around is former Miami OC and current Georgia co-OC James Coley. At least one current staffer is pushing for Coley to get the job. I’m told Manny is absolutely out to make a splash with the hire and is thinking big. For this reason, if Miami can’t come to terms with Fedora, I’d expect other names to emerge first before Coley becomes a leading candidate.

Since Manny won’t settle for anyone too green, if Louisville QB coach Frank Ponce joins the staff, I’m told it would be in the same capacity, not as OC.

For RB coach, I can confirm Miami’s top target is Penn State RB coach Ja’Juan Seider, and there’s mutual interest coming from both sides. The biggest issue is going to be coming to an agreeable figure on the financial side. This is in the early stages so still a lot developing here.

Advertisement
Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason.

The other name I’ve heard thrown around is former Miami OC and current Georgia co-OC James Coley. At least one current staffer is pushing for Coley to get the job. I’m told Manny is absolutely out to make a splash with the hire and is thinking big. For this reason, if Miami can’t come to terms with Fedora, I’d expect other names to emerge first before Coley becomes a leading candidate.

Since Manny won’t settle for anyone too green, if Louisville QB coach Frank Ponce joins the staff, I’m told it would be in the same capacity, not as OC.

For RB coach, I can confirm Miami’s top target is Penn State RB coach Ja’Juan Seider, and there’s mutual interest coming from both sides. The biggest issue is going to be coming to an agreeable figure on the financial side. This is in the early stages so still a lot developing here.

Any reason why the host on the WQAM morning show said both Simpson and Rumph were let go? Can anyone confirm this?

Advertisement
UM+MEDIA+DAY+mdb+epf.JPG

Barring contract delays, I’d expect to hear something announced by the end of the week at offensive coordinator. Coming out of the holidays, I’ve heard former UNC head coach Larry Fedora is indeed the leading candidate. I’m told there’s mutual interest here and Manny is working hard to make it happen. I also heard Fedora turned down the FSU OC job earlier this offseason.

All good things. I like that Fedora is the front runner, he would be the splash hire for sure. Love his system, but I have my own reservations about Fedora - I think he's got little man syndrome BAD, and he might clash with the culture Manny is trying to build by trying to take over everything when he's not the HC. Just a gut feeling.

Glad to hear that Coley is on down the list. Glad to hear that Ponce isn't being considered for a bigger role than QB Coach - I think he'd be a good fit there, just not as an OC. We need Seider to come in - he's the cutthroat recruiter that Hartley was - actually better than Hartley. He knows S FL and relates to the kids extremely well. Need to make that happen.

My FSU buddy told me he thought Fedora was an ok hire.. just not great. Lol. Screenshot sent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back