Stadium

Advertisement
Let's get an IPF first. Richt was promised one at UGA and never got one. They have this crappy 50 yard outside practice field. It's pathetic.

Agreed. Just curious though -- where would an IPF go if it gets built? Not much room behind Hecht/close to the practice fields. Maybe cut the intramural fields in half?

The Athletic dept wants it where the artificial practice turf is now. That would be easy access from the locker rooms when lightning is in the area. They already have preliminary plans and are looking for funding.

It's not laziness of the part of the fans. Miami fans are, and always have been, all about perceived entertainment value. Give them a good UM team AND a good opponent, and they will show up. About the only teams that will draw well regardless of those two factors are ND, UF (most of the time) and FSU.

They aren't going to show up for Arky St. no matter how good we are. That's the way it has always been. SLS has nothing to do with it, IMO.

And...I don't know where the perception that all cane fans live close to campus comes from.

This here is spot on. I dont know how many of the people posting about the stadium went to games at the OB back in the day.

Also, I dont see why people think SLS is a dump. Seems fine to me compared to the other stadiums I have been to.

^^^ SLS is not dump, but it's a sterile and large NFL stadium that's too far from campus. That's all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back