Stadium question

AlexCane

Senior
How come there isn't a canopy at the baseball stadium?

I went out to Mark Light Saturday. It was brutally hot. That was the lone game I went to this year. Last year, I went to one of the playoff games. It was brutally hot as well. And I'm pretty **** conditioned to the heat. Is there a reason that we don't have a canopy to make the games a slightly more attractive event? I'm not sure if it's been discussed as I don't follow the baseball team anywhere near like I follow the football team. Just curious if anyone knows why or whether this option has been discussed by the program before. It doesn't seem like it would be a super expensive addition.

Advertisement

I went out to Mark Light Saturday. It was brutally hot. That was the lone game I went to this year. Last year, I went to one of the playoff games. It was brutally hot as well. And I'm pretty **** conditioned to the heat. Is there a reason that we don't have a canopy to make the games a slightly more attractive event? I'm not sure if it's been discussed as I don't follow the baseball team anywhere near like I follow the football team. Just curious if anyone knows why or whether this option has been discussed by the program before. It doesn't seem like it would be a super expensive addition.

When in doubt, blame Coral Gables…

28-5 at the Light this year. Home field advantage. Keep it open.

1. a stadium closer to campus isn't going to increase attendance
2. people are going to walk to the stadium at tropical?
3. the commission will never approve it.
4. UM won't own the stadium either.
5.there is no room.

[wrong thread]

i don't know but i went to the FSU series a few years ago and my wife and kids all got super sun burned.

28-5 at the Light this year. Home field advantage. Keep it open.
Uhm, I'm talking about a canopy over the stands. It won't affect play at all. If anything, maybe you entice more fans to come to these afternoon games.

And mind you, I am very comfortable in the sun. I didn't care and don't care about the roof in HRS but these games, not sure why, but oof.

Advertisement
If built right a canopy and enhance sound too. So games that dont have great turnouts if the fans there do get rowdy enough it can bounce sound around and make it pretty loud.

$$$

It's a fair question, though. We probably have the most "1980's" stadium out of the entire acc/sec. Most of the teams in the acc/sec look like they're playing at AA/AAA fields. Even BC and Pitt have managed to put chairbacks throughout the grandstands.

That said, I do like general admission and being able to get my spot on the top row every week. And, there are only like 10 day games a year, so it's probably not looked at as a necessary expense.

Uhm, I'm talking about a canopy over the stands. It won't affect play at all. If anything, maybe you entice more fans to come to these afternoon games.

And mind you, I am very comfortable in the sun. I didn't care and don't care about the roof in HRS but these games, not sure why, but oof.
I was joking after Gino's comments on the heat and how it helps UM at home. Canopy over the field would obviously interfere with play lol.

Advertisement
I was joking after Gino's comments on the heat and how it helps UM at home. Canopy over the field would obviously interfere with play lol.
Besides, playing inside a circus tent might give FSU an advantage.

ClownPitcher.gif

The light could definitely use some modernization.

The lack of a canopy makes it so miserably hot, mix that with baseball not being the most interesting sport just makes noon- 3 start time unenjoyable imo.

If we’re being honest the left field stands could also use an update.

I still enjoy the stadium overall the place, and is a good place to watch a game (particularly late afternoon)

I guess that a canopy would get dinged a ton from foul balls. Maybe that's a consideration?

But something like this would be sufficient:

View attachment 239268

(That's from Grand Canyon University-who knew that existed?)
Think that’s OCU?

GCU plays in the WAC. They beat Tennessee this year. They were top 25 at some point this year. They have a likely first round draft pick on their team this year.

This is GCU’s stadium
A8C06634-BF26-4C18-AE2A-67C5CC2A5200.jpeg

Advertisement
One of the world’s greatest mysteries as far as I’m concerned. The other being the fact that there is not a Chick-fil-A on US 1 from downtown Miami to the Keys.

Advertisement
One of the world’s greatest mysteries as far as I’m concerned. The other being the fact that there is not a Chick-fil-A on US 1 from downtown Miami to the Keys.
agreed, but there is one 1/2 mile from US1 in Dadeland, which John Ruiz should buy and turn into a stadium now that we are discussing stadiums.

I guess that a canopy would get dinged a ton from foul balls. Maybe that's a consideration?

But something like this would be sufficient:

View attachment 239268

(That's from Grand Canyon University-who knew that existed?)

I've been on Grand Canyon's campus which is nice. The pic like someone pointed out isn't their stadium but I get what your talking about

Advertisement
Back