Stadium Comments

NJshoreCane

Go Bust Someone Else’s Balls
Premium
For all who were at Hard Rock last night, how was the stadium?
The feel, the acoustics, the lighting, etc.
Your thoughts??

Advertisement
I think it's a top stadium in the country now. The lighting was fantastic. It was really, really loud and it wasn't even a super exciting game. The only downside to that is it picks up ALL the sound, which means the FSU chop is going to be even more obnoxious. The boards are superb. My dad and I loved it. It felt like a completely new stadium. It was balls hot down in the 100s, but it's always balls hot there. I've linked a couple pictures since they are too big to attach.
http://i.imgur.com/AfmEXRH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mPU9Nau.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QF41QsE.jpg

Exceptional. Felt like a new building really. You can already tell that it's going to be a crazy environment for the bigger games. Came away feeling really impressed with the stadium the look of the team and the show of fan support. A total night and day change from this time last year.

I think it's a top stadium in the country now. The lighting was fantastic. It was really, really loud and it wasn't even a super exciting game. The only downside to that is it picks up ALL the sound, which means the FSU chop is going to be even more obnoxious. The boards are superb. My dad and I loved it. It felt like a completely new stadium. It was balls hot down in the 100s, but it's always balls hot there. I've linked a couple pictures since they are too big to attach.
http://i.imgur.com/AfmEXRH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mPU9Nau.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QF41QsE.jpg

Jesus that board is so big it looks photoshopped in there. I'm super pumped to see a game there. Maybe I'll have to come down for Homecoming

a few observations.

1. louder than before

2. screens are top notch and they should the game live and show replays, as opposed to the last few years when only some replays were shown, not ll.

3. the roof is great (not yet finished)(the semi clear fringe is not installed in the north and west portions. roof is great for the sunlight but it not likely to protect the fans from rain (i have no problem with that)

Advertisement
Definitely a huge upgrade. The only problem was, they did need place cooling fans with spraying water mist all over the **** stadium!! I didn't see one cooling fan at the stadium. Especially when you're waiting in line for beer or food. It was freaking hot as ****!!! I must have dropped 10 pounds last night, glad I stayed hydrated with beer lol Where are the F'ing Cooling Fans??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I posted an extremely lengthy review on the Dolphins site Finheaven last night. This will be less detailed, albeit still quite wordy, per my norm. I prefer to post once in a thread and then do something else, a normal life activity, rather than volley back and forth:

* Much more impressed than I expected to be. The place has a presence now. It feels more like a major event, the place to be. The white roof which extends beyond the old parameter makes the stadium seem 50% larger, viewed from inside or outside. The pointy peaks that enable the rooftop cables are not as awkward as I anticipated and actually provide an interesting look. The rooftop also is not as clunky or awkward as I expected while viewed from inside. I sit low upper deck. It merges decently with the surroundings. The upper deck is now a mixture of very new and quite old

* The loudspeakers attached to the bottom of that white rooftop are overbearing. More than anything else, those loudspeakers change the stadium and the feel of attending an event there. The volume was incredibly loud, no doubt by design and no doubt it will remain. The band plays almost incessantly at college games. That wasn't always noticeable in the old setup. Now the speakers pick it up and the roof retains. Previously obscure events like the introduction of students being honored for something during a timeout are now so loud the crowd has no choice but to pay attention and react. It was so loud I generally had difficulty carrying on conversations with fans in the adjacent seats. That was always my reference point for how loud the Orange Bowl was. This stadium needed an artificial boost in that regard and now has it via that roof and those speakers

* The air circulation is dramatically worse, particularly compared to last season when the open upper corners provided a terrific swirling breeze and the greatest comfort level ever in that venue. Spectators were fanning themselves last night, especially in the lower bowl. The guy immediately behind me left his seat to get air several times. At one point we received a brief breeze and fans launched mock applause. I've never seen that before. One lady said, "Finally."

For reference I kept an eye on the four streamers atop the goal post uprights all night. Without exaggeration, they never moved more than a few inches and any movement was exceptionally rare. The breeze simply doesn't get there any more. In prior seasons those streamers were whipping all over the place, often extended in different directions on one end as opposed to the other side. Kickers no longer have any excuse in this stadium, and passers should find less trouble also. It's not as if it was a windless night. The two large flags -- American and State of Florida -- attached to the upper deck of the west end zone were once pushed absolutely parallel to the field. The streamers perhaps 50 feet below them didn't react at all.

I left to fill my water bottle at a fountain behind the stands and was shocked at how normal it was in terms of breeze. You simply don't feel that inside the structure anymore. There's a reason those roofed stadiums like Seattle have an open side. This is a fully enclosed venue with a forced attachment it was never designed for, so naturally some aspects won't be ideal. The lack of circulation is more of an annoyance than a deal breaker. Maybe they'll think of something to help the situation

* They changed the entrance procedure. Instead of being wanded you now pass through a metal detector and don't have to remove everything from your pockets, merely phones and cameras. They eliminated employees who scan tickets in favor of self scan machines. That's seemingly a good idea but it wasn't ready for prime time last night. Nobody knew what was going on when it was congested since the scanners were low and not obvious. They are maybe 20 feet in front of the metal detectors and there are no ropes or other separating barriers. Once people saw they weren't directly in front of a self scanner there was quite a bit of shoving and bumping to claim a spot. The scanners were overly sensitive. That was the primary issue. I saw one ticket after another rejected, despite assertions of legitimacy by the owner(s). A family of four directly in front of me had their somewhat wet paper tickets all denied. A female supervisor pulled them out of line and said they needed to go to a ticket window for verification. The dad said, "You've got to be kidding!" His kids looked crushed.

I think that aspect can be fixed with minor adjustment. Currently it's probably best to enter the stadium when it isn't particularly crowded, so no shoving match toward the self scanners. I was late and near kickoff when I entered

* Overall it's a good pro stadium, although somewhat the equivalent of a processor upgrade card in a computer. "Like new" only if you are gullible enough to overlook the areas that can't be fixed due to aged realities. Every truly new pro stadium like Minnesota, Atlanta, Los Angeles and any place that follows will leap frog our stadium, by sheer logic and probability.

* The Canes won't look elsewhere but they should. This still isn't remotely close to an on-campus environment. Since we've had such a flurry of uninspired people atop the athletic department, they'll settle.

Last edited:
I posted an extremely lengthy review on the Dolphins site Finheaven last night. This will be less detailed, albeit still quite wordy, per my norm. I prefer to post once in a thread and then do something else, a normal life activity, rather than volley back and forth:

* Much more impressed than I expected to be. The place has a presence now. It feels more like a major event, the place to be. The white roof which extends beyond the old parameter makes the stadium seem 50% larger, viewed from inside or outside. The pointy peaks that enable the rooftop cables are not as awkward as I anticipated and actually provide an interesting look. The rooftop also is not as clunky or awkward as I expected while viewed from inside. I sit low upper deck. It merges decently with the surroundings. The upper deck is now a mixture of very new and quite old

* The loudspeakers attached to the bottom of that white rooftop are overbearing. More than anything else, those loudspeakers change the stadium and the feel of attending an event there. The volume was incredibly loud, no doubt by design and no doubt it will remain. The band plays almost incessantly at college games. That wasn't always noticeable in the old setup. Now the speakers pick it up and the roof retains. Previously obscure events like the introduction of students being honored for something during a timeout are now so loud the crowd has no choice but to pay attention and react. It was so loud I generally had difficulty carrying on conversations with fans in the adjacent seats. That was always my reference point for how loud the Orange Bowl was. This stadium needed an artificial boost in that regard and now has it via that roof and those speakers

* The air circulation is dramatically worse, particularly compared to last season when the open upper corners provided a terrific swirling breeze and the greatest comfort level ever in that venue. Spectators were fanning themselves last night, especially in the lower bowl. The guy immediately behind me left his seat to get air several times. At one point we received a brief breeze and fans launched mock applause. I've never seen that before. One lady said, "Finally."

For reference I kept an eye on the four streamers atop the goal post uprights all night. Without exaggeration, they never moved more than a few inches and any movement was exceptionally rare. The breeze simply doesn't get there any more. In prior seasons those streamers were whipping all over the place, often extended in different directions on one end as opposed to the other side. Kickers no longer have any excuse in this stadium, and passers should find less trouble also. It's not as if it was a windless night. The two large flags -- American and State of Florida -- attached to the upper deck of the west end zone were once pushed absolutely parallel to the field. The streamers perhaps 50 feet below them didn't react at all.

I left to fill my water bottle at a fountain behind the stands and was shocked at how normal it was in terms of breeze. You simply don't feel that inside the structure anymore. There's a reason those roofed stadiums like Seattle have an open side. This is a fully enclosed venue with a forced attachment it was never designed for, so naturally some aspects won't be ideal. The lack of circulation is more of an annoyance than a deal breaker. Maybe they'll think of something to help the situation

* They changed the entrance procedure. Instead of being wanded you now pass through a metal detector and don't have to remove everything from your pockets, merely phones and cameras. They eliminated employees who scan tickets in favor of self scan machines. That's seemingly a good idea but it wasn't ready for prime time last night. Nobody knew what was going on when it was congested since the scanners were low and not obvious. They are maybe 20 feet in front of the metal detectors and there are no ropes or other separating barriers. Once people saw they weren't directly in front of a self scanner there was quite a bit of shoving and bumping to claim a spot. The scanners were overly sensitive. That was the primary issue. I saw one ticket after another rejected, despite assertions of legitimacy by the owner(s). A family of four directly in front of me had their somewhat wet paper tickets all denied. A female supervisor pulled them out of line and said they needed to go to a ticket window for verification. The dad said, "You've got to be kidding!" His kids looked crushed.

I think that aspect can be fixed with minor adjustment. Currently it's probably best to enter the stadium when it isn't particularly crowded, so no shoving match toward the self scanners. I was late and near kickoff when I entered

* Overall it's a good pro stadium, although somewhat the equivalent of a processor upgrade card in a computer. "Like new" only if you are gullible enough to overlook the areas that can't be fixed due to aged realities. Every truly new pro stadium like Minnesota, Atlanta, Los Angeles and any place that follows will leap frog our stadium, by sheer logic and probability.

* The Canes won't look elsewhere but they should. This still isn't remotely close to an on-campus environment. Since we've had such a flurry of uninspired people atop the athletic department, they'll settle.

Where else are the Canes going to go? Plus they're locked into a long-term agreement with Ross.

The only other place that would make sense is Marlins stadium - which I wouldn't want anything to do with Loria and that joke of a stadium.

Advertisement
I thought the stadium was much better. We have to remember this is phase 2 of the Reno and it's not even done. Phase 3 begins after this year. Some parts are old and need to be revamped like the concourses, bathrooms, and footways. Also the parking lots and landscaping need some work. However, the atmosphere is much improved and the stadium now has some charm.

c89593bd6dfd7225c1c736ba9c338ad4.jpg
99f692d04483e113dbf1c9594977e1ae.jpg

Advertisement
The Canes won't look elsewhere but they should. This still isn't remotely close to an on-campus environment. Since we've had such a flurry of uninspired people atop the athletic department, they'll settle.

Whatever you wrote prior to this comment is overshadowed by the ignorance and stupidity of this comment.

You clearly have no clue.

The Canes won't look elsewhere but they should. This still isn't remotely close to an on-campus environment. Since we've had such a flurry of uninspired people atop the athletic department, they'll settle.

Whatever you wrote prior to this comment is overshadowed by the ignorance and stupidity of this comment.

You clearly have no clue.

+2 get over it, this stadium is awesome.

Advertisement
Awsi Dooger seems like a massive douche who goes out of his way to critique everything around himself.

Advertisement
Back