Stacy Coley update

Ouch, that hurts, man. You can spell anyway you want, but I'll judge you for sounding like an illiterate short bus rider. Deal?

Look, Coley had a great freshman year. No one denies that. Since then, he has not been good. When he shows back up, come back and talk. Until he shows back up, he's just ahead of D'Mauri Jones in my book.

Advertisement
Ouch, that hurts, man. You can spell anyway you want, but I'll judge you for sounding like an illiterate short bus rider. Deal?

Look, Coley had a great freshman year. No one denies that. Since then, he has not been good. When he shows back up, come back and talk. Until he shows back up, he's just ahead of D'Mauri Jones in my book.

ok buddy. u obviously know sht about football. lol at just ahead of dmauri jones, are you high?

stick to your your proofreading campaigns, football is not your thing. Lmao at you making sure your grammar is perfect on a fkin internet football site. how long does it take you to review and have your posts peer edited before you send them out? lmao fkin nerd

ok buddy. u obviously know sht about football. lol at just ahead of dmauri jones, are you high?

stick to your your proofreading campaigns, football is not your thing. Lmao at you making sure your grammar is perfect on a fkin internet football site. how long does it take you to review and have your posts peer edited before you send them out? lmao fkin nerd

Let me know when Coley's back.

There's GOTTA be a play that that WR screen sets up. Coley's just waiting for the right moment to call it.
...waiting...waiting...waiting...
Was it Louisville last year where that play blew up in our faces? Fumble 6 that was called back but still UL ball on their 10 yl?

not a "serious" injury, I'm told. Don't expect him to miss an extended period of time

Three weeks, in my book, is an extended period of time. My interpretation is he'll be ready for Nebraska in two weeks.

Advertisement
Looked like his leg was wrapped in the thigh area (hamstring?)

No. I'm told that Coley suffered a deep vaginal bruise. The issue is further compounded by what seems to be a pubic hair dislocation. Golden has stated that the staff will exercise the utmost cation and excuse Coley from the ***** guantlet for the time being. This could take time fellas.

Last edited:

Deez nuts is right....only a fa**ot nerd gives a shi* about grammar on a ftball message board.

That said I do agree with Sebastian about Coley

I'm down on Stacy.

Maybe he has a good year, but it seems like everytime he gets hit square he gets completely mentally taking out the game, or he is too hurt too perform.

Coley was injured on the previous pass to him and never should have gone back in. The screen just made it worse.

Excellent news. That screen to him was horrible. I can't remember if that was the one on 3rd and 1, but Coley had 3 guys on him almost as soon as he caught the ball. A great play call to get him injured.

Happy that Berrios shouldn't be out too long either. These 2 will add some value this year to the WR corps.

I did enjoy reading the other post about Berrios being "pedestrian". Berrios may have run the fastest shuttle time by a Cane since Roscoe Parrish (I think Parrish did a 3.79 while Berrios did a 3.81 - best in the nation that year). His productive value will be learned soon enough, but he certainly is not "pedestrian".....

Hopefully (James) Coley will summon his inner Bill Walsh before next Friday to learn how to call a game on offense (incredibly unlikely).

not a "serious" injury, I'm told. Don't expect him to miss an extended period of time

Advertisement

Three weeks, in my book, is an extended period of time. My interpretation is he'll be ready for Nebraska in two weeks.

I hope he is back for FSU and when I say back I mean at or close to 100%. Given Golden's penchant for playing guys who are still injured and lying about the fact that they are, I should fully expect for him to suit up for Nebraska and Cincinnati just so he can be the target of 6 more bubble screens that net 10 total yards.

Last edited:

I hope he is back for FSU and when I say back I mean at or close to 100%. Given Golden's penchant for playing guys who are still injured and lying about the fact that they are, I should fully expect for him to suit up for Nebraska and Cincinnati just so he can be the target of 6 more bubble screens that net 10 total yards.

I'll take the positive net yardage on those 6 plays!
You're right. Maybe just some game work for NU and Cincy.
Full speed at FSU.

I've just heard Coley will probably be held out for FAU just for precaution. To have him healthy for Nebraska. Hamstring issue.

The info I got was from a player on the team but looks like Coley doing better than expected. In a yellow limited contact jersey today with Scott today. He might actually play this Friday.

Main thing was, he was on the bike and about to come back out but the coaches held him out. No point in exerting him out there against Bethune.

I've just heard Coley will probably be held out for FAU just for precaution. To have him healthy for Nebraska. Hamstring issue.

The info I got was from a player on the team but looks like Coley doing better than expected. In a yellow limited contact jersey today with Scott today. He might actually play this Friday.

Main thing was, he was on the bike and about to come back out but the coaches held him out. No point in exerting him out there against Bethune.

I would say no need for him to play in the fau game but let's be real he has to get back on track, he needs to start this season off strong and be involved in the offense early on and not go into the slump he had last year. So playing in the fau game if he is able to is a must...

Advertisement
Well even better news.

Just spoke with someone who is at practice.... Stacy Coley out there practicing.

Malcolm came out with the twos so it looks like their looking to have Stacy play this Friday as long as everything stays good.

Brock what you said was what I was going to say too. If Stacy is good to go. Let him play and go to him often. Need to get his confidence back up, you know that sophomore slump is still lingering in the back of his head. Go to him early and often and let him get a rhythm. We hold him out for FAU and let's say he doesn't do well against Nebraska, were already staring down a potential slump season again. Need to get him going early and get his confidence up so he's in the right state of mind going into the meat of the schedule.

Was told AQM and Chad came out with first team as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
A healthy mentally ready Stacy Coley is scary. We badly need a deep threat big play WR. It will only help our running game.

Advertisement
We need to eradicate the WR screen from our playbook. We have no business running them, they just don't work for us.

There's GOTTA be a play that that WR screen sets up. Coley's just waiting for the right moment to call it.
Was it Louisville last year where that play blew up in our faces? Fumble 6 that was called back but still UL ball on their 10 yl?

Coley has also scored on that play. The play itself is not the issue. It's the execution of it. You first have to catch it and then it helps if your recievers know how to block.

Deez nuts is right....only a fa**ot nerd gives a shi* about grammar on a ftball message board.

That said I do agree with Sebastian about Coley

Stop with the microaggression! Unlike your illiterate buddy kudos to you for starting sentences with caps. Have someone explain to you why illiterate folks are not often considered bright enough to comment on topics that require reading and observation skills. laughing cartoon dog.jpg

Coley has also scored on that play. The play itself is not the issue. It's the execution of it. You first have to catch it and then it helps if your recievers know how to block.

The blocking has been really bad on those. Herb Waters completely wiffed on his block. But we do use it way too often. It's something that should be done a couple times in a game, not as a primary offensive play.

Advertisement
Back