Stacy Coley is truly scared of physical contact

The coaching staff is using him all wrong. He is a deep route threat. He runs routes that do not suit his strengths. Amari Cooper would be having the same issues if he was playing for these coaches.

The staff he had last year when he excelled was much better.

Advertisement
He has dropped a lot of passes too, ive noticed the same, hes scared of contact, saw it his first game when he dropped the two TDs, i gave him a pass since it was his first game but there is no excuses now, he needs to toughen up

I'm not even saying he is soft or needs to toughen up, but am concerned that something wasn't right. He hit hard in the first game. Then I believe he got banged up early. He never got going. Frustrating to watch him all around. Hopefully he really rebounds strong with a good offseason because he is a talented guy and by all accounts a very hard worker.

I don't doubt that by Spring we will read articles about how he battled a nagging injury all season, but kept it quiet. You know, the usual bull**** articles that give us false hope every year.

even more reason a competent coach would have put him places that helped him. For the love of God, why was Berrios not returning punts and Chocolate kick offs? Coley should have never touched a ball within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Advertisement
Just throwing this out there, if he smokes a lot of weed, maybe he is having depression issues? That could explain his lack of aggression and seemingly lost coordination

Something was missing with him since the opening kickoff at Louisville when Burgess cleaned him up. There appears to be a hesitancy to his game that was not there last year when he played a very fluid game. That is likely not coach induced. Some of it could be a rhythm with Kaaya that never got smooth, but it also looks like he prepares for a hit rather than playing through it.

I do agree that the team as a whole melts at almost any sign of adversity.
I think he stop caring when he realized he was never going to get the ball besides a screen pass. He was a decoy in 90% of the games.

This. And when he finally does get the ball thrown his way (while being wide open) Kaaya misses him horribly. He has got to be terribly frustrated.

Advertisement
Back