Stacey Coley

Stacey Coley is part of the reason why we would need new coaches. This guy went from explosive to running scared in one James Burgess hit. Next time he makes an NFL player type play will be the first since his Freshman year. Awful.

I know we have horrible coaches but why is it their fault the kid is scared, cant run routes, catch balls, etc...

Advertisement
Kaaya and Coley were never on the same page. Lot of missed opportunities. Especially the FSU game and the games after that. The usage was **** poor too by the staff early on in the season.

Send the kid on a fly route and let him beat his man deep. Defenses keying in on every screen play.

your solution is to send the kid on a fly route?

I think he's still a very raw athlete and sure, maybe he and Kayaa weren't on the same page. But, his route running is suspect and I think he's very tenative in traffic (across the middle). That kind of limits you as a WR.

I think a solution would be to let him do something other than running a screen or a quick post.

The usage of Coley this season was very suspect. IMO

The routes? Ehhh, I'm iffy on that for now at least. Was paying attention to him a lot during the FSU game, he ran some good routes and had his man beat a few times but that's just 1 game though.

We'll see what plays out but two keys for him is to hit the weight room and to work extra during the offseason with Brad Kaaya. See where it goes from there.

I am very questionable on his hands though. Few passes this year were some easy ones and he let them go. That's on him

Yeah Stacy's potential is ridiculous, just has to put in the work. If he get in the weight room and put in additional work with Kaaya, he can really show out. He's just so frail, seem to always be slow to get up after a hit. If he can add some muscle and get on page with Kaaya, that would be a crazy 1-2...

Exactly. He's got a world of potential, but he needs some muscle, both real and mental. He seems terrified to take a hit every time he has the ball. Not sure if the Burgess hit did that to him or if he's always been scared of contact.

Advertisement
lol. Coley is one of the most overrated and over hyped Canes since Adarious Johnson. Coaching or no coaching the guy has shown nothing to merit any expectation he would leave early.

He couldn't even make a play on Special Teams this year after making a ton the year before. There was definitely something wrong with this kid and it might have been in his head.

He did take a BIG hit vs Louisville on the kickoff.

Maybe his life flashed before his eyes & he turned into cougar from top gun.

Advertisement
Coley was never going to stay his senior year anyways. **** were lucky we still have him this year, if he would have been the one ballin out he would have ran for the hills after this **** stain of a season.

He did take a BIG hit vs Louisville on the kickoff.

Maybe his life flashed before his eyes & he turned into cougar from top gun.

Anyone who has played the game knows that at some time in your playing days you get hit with a "WTF was that" kind of hit. Little Kevin Williams was one of my favorite Canes, but he had one of those "come to Jesus" hits that made him re-evaluate the total disregard for his health on special teams. He was never the same guy after that.

Stacey could be dealing with that. But, I ain't giving up on him. Not a bit.

Advertisement
I'm the biggest Coley fan in the world. I was talking him up mad after last year, but another year like last year he ain't going nowhere....and you can't blame coaching for ****** returns, drops and just overall lack of play making ability.

Advertisement
Sorry, but it wasn't coaching that caused Stacey Coley to average 0 yards per kickoff return.

Nor was it coaching that caused him to be a pass dropper.

Dude tapped out.

Or was it coaching? Tell me?

Sorry, but it wasn't coaching that caused Stacey Coley to average 0 yards per kickoff return.

Nor was it coaching that caused him to be a pass dropper.

Dude tapped out.

Or was it coaching? Tell me?

plz he's adopting the mentality of his coach

you dont dominate like he did at the high school level

and be a p*ssy

Advertisement
Back