STA 4-star LB Avery Huff speaks on his recent Miami visit, interest in the Canes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 4-star LB Avery Huff has had a huge interest in the hometown Miami Hurricanes for a long time now, so it was no surprise to hear his reaction when he finally got his Canes offer back in January.

“I was really excited,” Huff said.

Last weekend, Huff got to experience what life might be like as a member of the Canes. He’s coming off an unofficial visit to Coral Gables with St. Thomas teammates Jahmar Brown, Anthony Solomon, and Jaden Davis that was taken on Saturday. The coaches had all the visitors with each other the whole day and the attendees’ toured campus, met current Miami players, went to the Syracuse basketball game, and saw the academic buildings. The full visitor list included: Huff, Brown, Solomon, Davis, Cesare Mellusi, Dominic Mammarelli, Noah Cain, Trey Sanders, and Jeremiah Payton, among others.

“My visit at Miami was great, I loved everything about the school,” Huff said. “My interest in Miami is really high and I plan on taking an official there.”

And just what is it about Miami that is drawing Huff to the program?

“I just like the home feeling that Miami has. On the visit, I talked to all the coaches and I love all of their personalities.”

While he declines to name favorites for now, the 6’3” 200 pounder will likely choose a program where he’s comfortable and can play early.

“Me and my parents are just talking and considering every school," Huff said. “I’m just looking for a school that I don’t feel out place, a good learning environment, and a place I would get lots of reps at.”

Huff played at McArthur last season, and, while he didn’t get his stats due to his transfer to St. Thomas Aquinas, showed more than enough on the field to end up being recruited by the Raiders.

“I’d feel good if the team did way better,” Huff said. “I played at McArthur High School, we went 1-9. On the field, I think I did pretty good, though.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I really like this kid's talent.. Miami's LB group for Surge19' should be a elite group, and this kid should definitely be in it!! Huff is a Miami LB..

Advertisement
Back