***St. Thomas Aquinas v. American Heritage Game Thread***

Advertisement
Scarlett and Bruce are the real deal... They are some bad boys... Peete is solid... I was hoping for a Kelvin Benjamin like athleticism... this was my first time seeing him... He's a big possession wideout that can grow into a tight end... I was actually impressed with Gibson... He made some nice throws but suffered a lot of drops... AH was outcoached tonight... I felt they could have utilized TG's athleticism more... Paul Johnson better wake up... His qb is at AH...

Overall, the future looks bright for the U with Scarlett and Bruce...

McFadden is a **** of a cover corner just not very physical... Deltron sands is a d1 player....# 10 for heritage is a bad boy just smashed Bruce who tried to crack him..: he's been playing great all game. Anybody know who it is? Gibsons not this bad his confidence is shot

Bradley Clements came over from u school STUD

and I disagree on McFadden

Maybe tyour right..:his is my first time seeing McFadden either he is a good cover corner or Pete isn't that good

Pete is good just slow, Mcfadden can keep up with him. but on the next level every wr has 4.5 speed he wont be able too. he best position is safety.

If he can shut down big possesion WRs, i would take him.... most big WR don't run 4.5s

WIDE RECEIVER
Tyre Brady: 4.86-second average 40-yard dash (4.83 best 40 time in three tries), 4.48 20-yard shuttle, five reps of 225, 365 squat, 242 power clean, 270 bench press, 34 vertical
D'Mauri Jones: 4.74 40 (4.69 best), 4.62 20, nine reps of 225, 405 squat, 252 power clean, 270 bench press, 31 vertical
David Njoku: 4.76 40 (4.67 best), 4.64 20, nine reps of 225, 275 power clean, 35.5 vertical
Rashawn Scott: 4.69 40 (4.64 best), 4.35 20, 17 reps of 225, 385 squat, 286 power clean, 330 bench press, 32.5 vertical

Watch what fsu does with McFadden he will be a beast

I agree they'll put him in position to excel. Especially with their 3-3-5 defense... I mean Joyner was an athletic freak but he was suspect in coverage... However, they put him in position to succeed... They utilize his athletic ability on blitz packages and zone...

Advertisement
McFadden is a **** of a cover corner just not very physical... Deltron sands is a d1 player....# 10 for heritage is a bad boy just smashed Bruce who tried to crack him..: he's been playing great all game. Anybody know who it is? Gibsons not this bad his confidence is shot

Bradley Clements came over from u school STUD

and I disagree on McFadden

Maybe tyour right..:his is my first time seeing McFadden either he is a good cover corner or Pete isn't that good

Pete is good just slow, Mcfadden can keep up with him. but on the next level every wr has 4.5 speed he wont be able too. he best position is safety.

If he can shut down big possesion WRs, i would take him.... most big WR don't run 4.5s

WIDE RECEIVER
Tyre Brady: 4.86-second average 40-yard dash (4.83 best 40 time in three tries), 4.48 20-yard shuttle, five reps of 225, 365 squat, 242 power clean, 270 bench press, 34 vertical
D'Mauri Jones: 4.74 40 (4.69 best), 4.62 20, nine reps of 225, 405 squat, 252 power clean, 270 bench press, 31 vertical
David Njoku: 4.76 40 (4.67 best), 4.64 20, nine reps of 225, 275 power clean, 35.5 vertical
Rashawn Scott: 4.69 40 (4.64 best), 4.35 20, 17 reps of 225, 385 squat, 286 power clean, 330 bench press, 32.5 vertical

Exactly!!! Its not like we run man anyway but like you said, most big wideouts don't run sub 4.5... Randy Moss and TO were rare... Two of the big wideouts in last years draft were Benjamin and Evans... Benjamin ran a 4.6 and Evans ran a 4.5.

Watch what fsu does with McFadden he will be a beast

I agree they'll put him in position to excel. Especially with their 3-3-5 defense... I mean Joyner was an athletic freak but he was suspect in coverage... However, they put him in position to succeed... They utilize his athletic ability on blitz packages and zone...

They'll put him as a center fielder at safety and he will beast with the speed and ability the rest of the squad has I cant lie. He will be scary there unless LSU takes him

i think mcfadden is a good enough athlete with nice size to get coached up and do damage in college but it depends how and where he is utilized. The reason he receives more bashing than other prospects is because he is a 5* who hasn't proven like one.

i think mcfadden is a good enough athlete with nice size to get coached up and do damage in college but it depends how and where he is utilized. The reason he receives more bashing than other prospects is because he is a 5* who hasn't proven like one.

He's a better Quincy Wilson, the size blows him up more I just think that he can be a great safety at the right school and a good cb who will get slaughtered against the wrong team. An example imo is David Ammerson, was a beast for the first few years and then UT and UM made him their *****. He's a safety who may haunt us

Advertisement

He's a better Quincy Wilson, the size blows him up more I just think that he can be a great safety at the right school and a good cb who will get slaughtered against the wrong team. An example imo is David Ammerson, was a beast for the first few years and then UT and UM made him their *****. He's a safety who may haunt us

according to what? they have the same measurable the only diffrence is Wilson was the best corner on his team last year McFadden wasnt

He's a better Quincy Wilson, the size blows him up more I just think that he can be a great safety at the right school and a good cb who will get slaughtered against the wrong team. An example imo is David Ammerson, was a beast for the first few years and then UT and UM made him their ****. He's a safety who may haunt us

according to what? they have the same measurable the only diffrence is Wilson was the best corner on his team last year McFadden wasnt

Do you really think Quincy is a cb now in college or more athletic? That's what I mean those 2 are very similar but imo 1 can/will adjust to college better and that's McFadden

Im at work so I cant watch it but I got to ask everybody watching what wr in the past does bruce remind you guys of?

Easy. Tavon Austin. He probably has a little less straight line speed but the quickness and instant change of direction is identical. If St. Thomas is smart (or if they need to) he should be used in a similar rb/wr role as Tavon was in at West Virginia.

Advertisement
Scarlett and Bruce are the real deal... They are some bad boys... Peete is solid... I was hoping for a Kelvin Benjamin like athleticism... this was my first time seeing him... He's a big possession wideout that can grow into a tight end... I was actually impressed with Gibson... He made some nice throws but suffered a lot of drops... AH was outcoached tonight... I felt they could have utilized TG's athleticism more... Paul Johnson better wake up... His qb is at AH...

Overall, the future looks bright for the U with Scarlett and Bruce...

Your 100% right on everything except Pete doesn't have the body style to become a TE he is rail thin from top to bottom, he's a WR all the way

Advertisement

WOW, if this kid is not a 5* then I don't know what is. He has NFL size and speed right now. He has great vision, power, agility to avoid defenders, and a nose for the endzone. He is not running away from 4.9 guys from Iowa, he is running away from 4.5- 4.4 speedsters from South Florida.

This kid is very special.

WOW, if this kid is not a 5* then I don't know what is. He has NFL size and speed right now. He has great vision, power, agility to avoid defenders, and a nose for the endzone. He is not running away from 4.9 guys from Iowa, he is running away from 4.5- 4.4 speedsters from South Florida.

This kid is very special.

Yes. I think he's better all around than Dalvin Cook, who was one of my favorite backs last year. I'm not sure if he's quite as explosive as Cook, who seemed to just explode from anywhere on the field but this kid can really hit a defender with some jarring licks. Did you see that TD called back where he ran head on into a defender behind the LOS, bounced off and took it into for the score. (Yearby might have been my favorite all around back last year, with incredible feet, vision and change of direction but not the gear of Cook). I really like this kid's size. I don't know if he's really 220, but he is bigger coming out of HS than Yearby and Duke, and apparently Cook. I think he'll run harder than Lamar Miller.

Advertisement
Back