St. Thomas Aquinas to the NFL

Advertisement
In this draft their is also Desmen Southward a safety out of Wisky that is an sta alum...that looks to be a late rounder undrafted free agent.

In this draft their is also Desmen Southward a safety out of Wisky that is an sta alum...that looks to be a late rounder undrafted free agent.

Good find...Some are projecting him in the 4th-5th round because of his 4.38 forty.

The question is, of all the kids who didn't go to UM who later got drafted, how many were offered and spurned UM, how many never got offers?

Somebody else might be more familiar with all the names.

Advertisement
The question is, of all the kids who didn't go to UM who later got drafted, how many were offered and spurned UM, how many never got offers?

Surprisingly, Randy didn't ignore STA. I do know that he offered Rashaad Green late and we most likely would of had him if it wasn't for the late offer.

I don't think Miami recruited Gio Bernard very hard, idk if he even had an offer, but that was a BIG miss

Surprisingly, Randy didn't ignore STA. I do know that he offered Rashaad Green late and we most likely would of had him if it wasn't for the late offer.

I have no idea if or when he was offered, but Rashard Greene was from Georgia and was only in south florida for a couple of years. He had no interest in us.

Advertisement
Yep, the other player is probably James White rb for Wisconsin...

I think we figured out the puzzle i forgot about him. The other issue i have looking at the next bunch of kids like Bosa. I asked on TOS prior to getting banned why he wasnt a top target. AG didnt not make that kid a top target now we lost him and now we will lose his Brother which is another beast at STA.

Multiple family members attended OSU. He was always going there

That means nothing these days ,loyalty what is this? So we shouldnt of really pushed for him because of your reason? How many kids who family went to Miami did not chose us.

I'm not sure if you're being serious? Dad, mom, & uncle went to OSU. He was at the top of OSU's board. Grew up in an environment pro-OSU. I never said we shouldn't have pushed for him, but he was going to OSU the whole time. Same exact thing will happen with the little brother. I criticized the staff for not offering or pushing for certain players, but not at all mad about bosa.

And you tell me... there haven't been a plethora of prospects with ties that Bosa had, at the top of the board, that we missed on.

John Bosa (Joey and Nick's father) went to BC.

Sorry, just the uncle and the mother went there. Regardless, he was going there the whole time

How many of the STA kids in the NfL grew up in STA schools vs being transfer mercenaries? Regional all star teams aren't nearly as impressive as say, what Glades Central did in the 90s. Jmo.

I have no idea if or when he was offered, but Rashard Greene was from Georgia and was only in south florida for a couple of years. He had no interest in us.

Greene was from where Juwan Young is from...and only played at STA a year i believe and like u said NO INTEREST...South Ga is FSU country for the most part.

Advertisement
I don't think Miami recruited Gio Bernard very hard, idk if he even had an offer, but that was a BIG miss

Again, he had no interest in staying home, however, I dont think Randy even tried.

didnt have to....Kid was heading to ND....i think we sniffed arounsd James White at the time...Bernard didnt have much interest in us....STA is a cane pipeline..if we have a chance at a kid we usually know it (their coaches tell us) and if we dont they let us know...part of the reason Bosa didnt get recruited(Joyner) and a number of sta guys that went elsewhere.....i feel good on whoever we recruit out of their.

How many of the STA kids in the NfL grew up in STA schools vs being transfer mercenaries? Regional all star teams aren't nearly as impressive as say, what Glades Central did in the 90s. Jmo.

That is actually a great point. A number of the kids listed above were only at STA a year or two at the most. Greene, Joyner, etc.

Advertisement
Had no idea Geno Atkins went to STa, how did I never hear about him during his recruitment?

550.jpg

Advertisement
Back