St Thomas Aquinas had 16 (missed Bosa) players in the NFL week 1 (2 of the 16 or 12.5%) were Canes

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
Obviously they recruit heavily from other school. Our enhanced relationship with the staff there can only help going forward, our recent number of commits from St Thomas speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its already our pipeline school. I always see people posting like we need an "in" at St Thomas...we get majority of the kids we want from there and its been like that for awhile
and as they are more loaded now than ever, it should only increase..we could literally get 13-15 guys from there over the next 3 years..am i off here?

Advertisement
Here is the list of the 15 (actually 16, Bosa was missing) Saint Thomas players in the NFL for this season, Looks like Dorsett and Linder were the two that played for us. 12.5%.

Player Pos Teams From To
Geno Atkins DT CIN 2010 2018
Giovani Bernard RB CIN 2013 2018
Bryan Cox DE CAR 2017 2018
Phillip Dorsett WR IND,NWE 2015 2018
Marcus Gilbert OL PIT 2011 2018
Rashad Greene WR JAX 2015 2018
Bobby Hart OG NYG,CIN 2015 2018
Gabe Holmes TE ARI 2017 2018
Lamarcus Joyner CB STL,LAR 2014 2018
Brandon Linder OG JAX 2014 2018
Michael Palardy P OAK,CAR 2014 2018
Jake Rudock QB DET 2017 2018
Dezmen Southward SSATL,CAR 2014 2018
James White RB NWE 2014 2018
Sam Young T DAL,BUF,JAX,MIA 2010 2018
Joey Bosa DE Chargers 2017 2018

One of the biggest improvements by the current staff was re-establishing the pipeline with STA. The premier high school football program in the country is right in our backyard but Golden and co. couldn't be bothered with recruiting there.

One of the biggest improvements by the current staff was re-establishing the pipeline with STA. The premier high school football program in the country is right in our backyard but Golden and co. couldn't be bothered with recruiting there.
Agree, this was the point of my post! We are clearly doing better, this numbers in 6 years would show a heavy amount of St Thomas alumni that were Canes.

I would assign multiple U coaches to recruit ST Thomas, basically live there year round!

I don't feel like we ever neglected recruiting STA, but would you have sent your kid to play for Dumb, Dumb, and Dumber?

Advertisement
Obviously they recruit heavily from other school. Our enhanced relationship with the staff there can only help going forward, our recent number of commits from St Thomas speaks for itself.

Well the STA staff begged Randy Shannon to take Geno Atkins..BEGGED him. Randy told them he had “Chris Perry”.

Fuggin dumbass

So projecting forward say that we get just 10 of their 16 NFL players in 5 years or 62% that would be 8 more future NFL players in our team. That is the difference between making the ACC championship game and winning it!

Advertisement
Most of the guys on that list we never even offered.

Atkins
Bernard
Holmes
Palardy
Rudock
Southward
White

I’m not sure Cox was offered either

Advertisement
Back