St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)

Advertisement
Everything you said was great & I agree but this last part is 100% spot on & perfectly said.

STA kids are treated as if they're God's gift to earth & have the biggest hype train ever lol.

Yep. It’s like Bolles used to be in Duval.

I swear everytime I walk the beach in Laudy the ONLY HS gear kids wear has STA on it. My eyes hurt from constantly rolling them. Asante Samuels corny **** would wear the shorts, shirt, and visor. He fits in perfectly up there with Urkel.

**Laughed out loud as Rique's team lost out in the playoffs to the team he left trying to do just that. Cosmic lesson to the young man right there, wonder if he was listening.
Yes, that did happen. But wasn't the main reason he switched schools

Now ask yourself if you hold other top programs to the same standard.

Do you think Central and Carol City are well-coached? They don't get even half the heat that STA does and STA is a far better program with far more championships and accomplishments than either of them.

Most Dade teams are poorly coached. Those don’t have near the amount of talent that STA has tho.

It’s sad to watch Dade teams when they do those kickoff games against teams from other states.

Advertisement
Excuse me?

I've had to endure years of smack talk from Dade County cranks about how their players are the best yet all of the sudden their best programs don't have "near" the talent that STA has?

I'll await the monthly coach bashing and anti-Central and anti-Carol City threads to match the STA ones.
Whoa... I just noticed that you just joined today... and you're off to a fiery start. Welcome aboard!

They may be slow and unathletic but I remember from when we played them they are very disciplined and their coach does an amazing job on both sides of the ball. Especially the offensive side of the ball. They kept it close with us into mid 3rd. All that being said I think annually sta is one of the most overrated schools in the nation. They are the Notre dame of high school football and horribly coached.

Oh for sure! Venice is one of the best coached teams in the entire state. I learned a lot about their program while living on the west coast for the last two years. I have the upmost respect for Coach Peacock and the Venice program. But let's keep it real, they have no business competing with STA.

Sam Sirianni (RIP) and Jimmie Bell would have titled with STA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Derek Wingo has been at STA since his freshman year. I think you've lied about this several times already.

Jai'Mari Herbert is not at STA. He left STA for......whatever school he's at now.

Griffin Lampton was originally at STA as a Frosh and Soph then transferred back to STA after the coach at PBC left for Georgia.
Direct quote from Derek Wingo from an interview he gave to the Clemson website in August 2018:

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2018/...lite-florida-lb-has-high-interest-in-clemson/

"If I’m not able to make it for a game, definitely after the season,” he said. “I’ll definitely be up there. I have a lot of friends going up there. I have Chez (Mellusi) from Naples High School that’s committed there. So, I’ll definitely be getting up there with him.”

Wingo has formed a friendship with Clemson 2019 running back commitment Chez Mellusi, who plays at nearby Naples (Fla.) High School and who is trying to get Wingo on board with the Tigers.

“I’m actually from Naples,” Wingo said. “I’ve lived there my whole life. So, I kind of grew up with him. He was kind of a guy I looked up to and I played a lot with. So, I’d go over to Naples and hang out with him a lot.”

I know that facts are not welcomed here. You all just want fanboy narratives spun by people with no information and even less sense.
The fact is, STA takes the field with multiples the number of division 1 recruits compared to what they are lining up against. It is an embarrassment, and the players/coaches/fans should be embarrassed, when they don't stomp on everyone on their schedule every season. They are a disappointment. That is a fact. Nothing they have ever achieved on the field has been admirable with the advantages they have over everyone else.

edit: and yes I would still very much like to recruit that school and their players heavily. they do every coaching staff in the nation a favor by assembling top tier talent to one location like nobody else in the US. I guess you could admire that, in hindsight.

Advertisement
Derek Wingo has been at STA since his freshman year. I think you've lied about this several times already.

Jai'Mari Herbert is not at STA. He left STA for......whatever school he's at now.

Griffin Lampton was originally at STA as a Frosh and Soph then transferred back to STA after the coach at PBC left for Georgia.
Wingo played in the Fort Myers area as a freshman. You make it sound like he didn't transfer in but he did.

Jai'mari was originally at Stoneman Douglas, then transferred to Fort Lauderdale, then transferred to Chaminade last season & is supposed to be finishing his Senior year at STA.

Jai'mari was originally at Stoneman Douglas, then transferred to Fort Lauderdale, then transferred to Chaminade last season & is supposed to be finishing his Senior year at STA.
Gotta disagree here. I'm pretty sure he just recently decided to transfer from Douglas to Chaminade.

Advertisement
Back