St. Peter’s Prep star Minkah Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick (6-0, 185) also checks in as the nation’s 4th best cornerback and his offer list is pushing thirty schools at this point.

-says “It’s an honor because a lot of people would love to be in the position that I’m at,” “It has taken so much hard work to get here and you have to keep it enjoyable. Every time I get a new offer, I’m extremely excited. I’m happy about each school and I tell the coaches ‘Thank you’.”

-set for a visit to Miami on February 20th or 21st. It’ll be a return trip after he first spent time on campus back in March.

-says “When I went before, I was there without my parents or any of my family,” “They want to see the environment and that’s why they’re going to come this time. I told them how I felt about my visit but now they get to see it for themselves.”

-third school to offer Fitzpatrick and he reflected back about his previous stop in Coral Gables.

-says “Well the first thing I remember was it being like eighty degrees,” laughed. “It was like twenty in New Jersey during the week so that stuck with me. The campus was beautiful and it’s one of the most prestigious football schools in the country. It’s a great academic institution too.”

-Aside from anything related to visits, it has been the way they’ve recruited Fitzpatrick that’s keeping them in his good graces.

-says “They came to the school at least three or four times last year during open contact periods,” “I’ve been talking to Coach Paul Williams like every week since the beginning of the season. I’ve connected with him enough that we have a relationship going. I also spoke to the defensive coordinator, Coach D’Onofrio.”

-will be hitting Florida, Georgia, and Miami on his trip this month. He also mentioned Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame as places he would like to see for the first time.

-has visited about ten different schools and he does have some favorites but that doesn’t mean he’s revealing them either.

-says “I actually do have a list but it’s something I keep between myself and my coaches,” “What I can say that I want to get in a few more visits this spring. If I don’t commit during the summer, I’ll probably take it all the way to signing day.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...ation.Success=You+have+successfully+logged+in!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Golden and Co wasn too mad about the CB class this year becuase they knew what they had next year to recruit. they should get at least 4 DBs next year. Fitz ,Mcfadden, Johnson, SBB, Irvin.

Clearly along with the Dade kds, he's at the top of our board. True Corner, JJ is a safety and Irvin is like the Honey Badger.

Advertisement
Having those other Jersey boys on the team I think is going to help a lot. Good feeling about this kid.

He sounds like the kind of kid we have a great shot at if we 10 games and don't get blown out by good teams, or no chance if we have a season like 2013.

Advertisement
It sounds like we're toward the top of his list, and that he's bringing his parents with him so that they can get a feel for The U.

Sounds like we're in a solid early position. Wake me up in November.

New Jersey, baby.

Advertisement
He sounds like the kind of kid we have a great shot at if we 10 games and don't get blown out by good teams, or no chance if we have a season like 2013.

well then, this would seem fitting:

[video=youtube;Wrp815ctBiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrp815ctBiA[/video]

If nothing else, Golden is doing a good job recruiting New Jersey

Jersey has always been one of the better football states in the country, if not top five, easily top ten. We've had a lot of great players from that state, and not all were big names coming out of HS.

One advantage over south Florida is that the kids are usually better prepared academically and, I suspect, better coached.

Yeah..nine wins...and against terrible teams. I remember when we'd kill for nine wins, and a bowl game, even if it included a loss in the bowl game. UM fans have gotten spoiled.

Yeah..nine wins...and against terrible teams. I remember when we'd kill for nine wins, and a bowl game, even if it included a loss in the bowl game. UM fans have gotten spoiled.

You were happy with 2013?

Advertisement
Back